Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: The Thread

Chili Dawg

Looks like Uncharted 4 has a third eye-opener of a reference! Si

khIpAGO.jpg

Also it appears there are actually two parts in the story where you'll get to play that Crash Bandicoot  segment.  

Spoiler

And said second time, well that happens pretty much at the end of the campaign 

ghost-trick.jpg

The plot thickens,  literally! 

• Thumbs Up 1

All the Crash references ND seem to be packing into the game leads me to believe that if there's a new Crash coming Naughty Dog are the ones developing it, which is odd i thought they were done making cartoony games?

Seriously tho, Sony has a HUGE task on their hands. This can't be average. It has to be what Crash 2 was for Crash 1. A 180 degrees turn. 

Of what?  Both games are awesome,  and it's not like Crash 2 goes on the opposite direction of where Crash 1 was going. 

Oh, right... Hopefully this game will be in the same ballpark. An open world naughty dog made Crash game... Imagine...

If there's even a proper Crash game, let alone a Naughty Dog one in the making,  they should definetly take cues from Twinsanity,  agreed. 

... Okay, let me explain with easier words for you.

What I meant with a 180 degrees turn, is that Crash 2 was an improvement over Crash 1 in every possible way.

This new Crash has to be an improvement over the classics too. Improvement not always mean change, thought.

7 hours ago, IniMeenieMiney-Jo-Vahexeon said:

Looks like Uncharted 4 has a third eye-opener of a reference! Si

Also it appears there are actually two parts in the story where you'll get to play that Crash Bandicoot  segment.  

Hide contents

And said second time, well that happens pretty much at the end of the campaign 

ghost-trick.jpg

The plot thickens,  literally! 

As cool as the Wumpa fruit is, I hope they still have the Precursor Orb in it. 

I'm honestly not expecting anything Crash Related this E3 not only because of skeptism but because we also have to remember that other than all the hints on Uncharted 4, there's been no info on the acquisition of the IP, meaning even if it happened, it's something recent, and even if they begun production the moment they got said IP, it'd still not be on a build good enough to present at E3.

Unless they decide to release a Crash Collection just to get back interest like they did with Sly, it's always a possibility.  :U

• Thumbs Up 1

I believe Sony bought the IP months ago, possibly later 2015. That would fit with the comment Robomodo made months back. For all we know, this game could have started development in January 2016, or even a month or two earlier.

BTW, awesome Lex is awesome. This wink pretty much confirmed. People on GAF said that it could not be Doctor Neo Cortex because Lex also voiced Doctor Doom, but I don't think so now.

2 minutes ago, Jango said:

I believe Sony bought the IP months ago, possibly later 2015. That would fit with the comment Robomodo made months back. For all we know, this game could have started development in January 2016, or even a month or two earlier.

Sony insiders (BruceLeeRoy and Verendus) hinted it as far back as January 2015. 

It's a high possibility they've had the IP since September of 2015 at least, according to some people here, Crash was meant to appear in Tony Hawk 5, but couldn't due to rights issues. Not sure if it's true or not, but that's what some posts here said.

It is true, Robomodo, the developers of Tony 5, tweeted about it. They also said it was a matter of timing.

SWa0AUZ.png

Hmmm, so apparently Lex hasn't been hinting at it.....allegedly.

Yeah, I'm not buying it. It screams of "Oh shit, all of these hints are too close together, we better do something quick before the hype is ruined"

Yea, I call backpedaling on this one. How does Lex Lang not voicing Cortex negate the fact that a bunch of Crash shit is IN UNCHARTED 4? Unless for nostalgic purposes they decided to bring back Clancy Brown to reprise the role. 

I hope he's just dancing around the truth, but even if he's not voicing Cortex, a new game is still very likely, so it's not all bad.

What other Doctor has he voiced if anybody knows? Yeah put me in the "he's binding something" camp.

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

What other Doctor has he voiced if anybody knows? Yeah put me in the "he's binding something" camp.

Hmm, well he has played Doctor Doom in the Marvel Heroes game.

23 minutes ago, IniMeenieMiney-Jo-Vahexeon said:

Hmm, well he has played Doctor Doom in the Marvel Heroes game.

Yes, Dr. Doom in Marvel Heroes. However, I wouldn't exactly classify that as a throwback or a character resurrection, since Marvel Heroes is apparently a fairly recent and ongoing title. 

Activision still owns the rights to Crash Bandicoot

Activision still owns the Crash Bandicoot license, PlayStation's VP of publisher and developer relations Adam Boyes has confirmed.

Source

meftV0q.gif

Just teasing. They could still license it out.

55 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Activision still owns the rights to Crash Bandicoot

Source

meftV0q.gif

Just teasing. They could still license it out.

A. They can license it out without selling it.
B. I am totally sure that the contract would definitely NEVER include a clause to not publicize the transfer until the deal was made public :V
C. This doesn't matter at current time, but there are SEVERAL Crash trademarks. One of several that are called "Crash Bandicoot" was abandoned and it blew up as "Activision abandons Crash BAndicoot IP" when that simply wasn't true.

You think this is funny Marcello? Come here, a thread you've never been before, JUST to post bad news? Talk about not having anything better to do, hm?

This could still be Adam lying just to hide the surprise, like the NECA guy and Lex did. And even if it's true, it could be a deal just like Spiderman's, where Sony publishes, but Marvel has creative control.

You see? This is exactly WHY I haven't jumped out of my seat yet...

We just have to see next month, and if no Crash is announced, then I won't be disappointed.

It's a shame Activision still owns the bandicoot, but oh well.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Jango said:

You think this is funny Marcello? Come here, a thread you've never been before, JUST to post bad news? Talk about not having anything better to do, hm?

This could still be Adam lying just to hide the surprise, like the NECA guy and Lex did. And even if it's true, it could be a deal just like Spiderman's, where Sony publishes, but Marvel has creative control.

Why the heck would they lie about legal rights?