Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: The Thread

Chili Dawg

The doctor is in...

image.png

• Thumbs Up 6

OH MY GOD. DOUBLE CONFIRMED. I love Lex! Sure having Clancy Brown would be really nostalgic, but I like Lex better! Even if the new game's direction isn't comedic, I'm sure he can nail it!

Dang bro, things are happening! If we get Mutato Muzika or Zembillas/Pearson, I'll EXPLODE.

Nice!

Not sure if I prefer Lex Lang or Clancy Brown more, but I've always liked Lang's performance. He really knocked it out of the park in Twinsanity.

• Thumbs Up 3

Guys, seriously now, new game IS happening. No need to be skeptical anymore. All we need now is the official reveal. With Lex on board, this is something new, not a remaster, maybe not even a remake. Just for the love of God, drop the Titans gameplay/vibe. I can stand the designs for say, Cortex, N. Gin and even Crash himself (I would rather have the classic look, thought). Just drop the titans, and the hack n' slash gameplay completely. I want to platform in 3D and 2D in beautiful jungles, swamps, snowy mountains and ice caps, caves, rivers, temples...! Jetpacks, polar bears and boulders, FREAKING BOULDERS. I want more islands! I want awesome and colorful graphics, tribal-ish music. I want the GOOD Crash back!

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, honestly Crash's design in Titans/MoM wasn't that bad. MoM's character designs were actually decent updates to the characters, honestly (minus the tattoos, those looked soooo 2007). As long as the gameplay is of the more traditional spin/slide/body slam into crates and enemies variety, I can't complain. More focus on platforming rather than beat-em-up elements is a good thing.

1 hour ago, CrashRatchetFan said:

The doctor is in...

image.png

That is awesome! This makes me even more excited for E3 now! I just can't wait to see what we get by then!

If they don't give me a classic "running towards/away from the screen" game in 3D I'm gonna lose my absolute shit.

6 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

If they don't give me a classic "running towards/away from the screen" game in 3D I'm gonna lose my absolute shit.

Well technically, they just did :V

And I thought you were skeptical about the idea of Crash coming back? 

4 minutes ago, CrashRatchetFan said:

Well technically, they just did :V

And I thought you were skeptical about the idea of Crash coming back? 

I wasn't skeptical about anything happening. I was skeptical it would be what I wanted. I don't want to get hyped only to be given fucking Skylanders: Orange. I've had enough slaps to the face from Sonic and Rare's properties over the years.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

I wasn't skeptical about anything happening. I was skeptical it would be what I wanted. I don't want to get hyped only to be given fucking Skylanders: Orange. I've had enough slaps to the face from Sonic and Rare's properties over the years.

If Sony is overseeing the game and it's a PS4 exclusive, I doubt it'll be another take on Skylanders. They know what people want.

Crash was part of my childhood and definitely some of yours. To see him make his glorious return under Sony's control would be fantastic.

And it looks like it's going to happen...

Nepe, mah boy welcome aboard! Don't worry pal, the Crash hype train doesn't slap you in the face, in fact, it doesn't slap at all, since 2008! Crash's train is more like a foggy road. You have to look reeaaally hard to see what's ahead, and sometimes is nothing at all! Luckly for us, the Sun-y will shine once again.

AM I CRAZY OR WHAT. EXCITEDDDDDD

5 minutes ago, CrashRatchetFan said:

If Sony is overseeing the game and it's a PS4 exclusive, I doubt it'll be another take on Skylanders. They know what people want.

Yeah and i don't think Sony is that type of company to mess with their fans like that. 

Well, we honestly don't know what they're going to do with the franchise. Again, we'll see until we actually get game footage. Until then, I'm still pretty much in the same position I was in beforehand.

Knowing them since they want people to be on board with this they're pretty much going to go back roots and play it safe. That's pretty much my speculation anyways. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Seriously tho, Sony has a HUGE task on their hands. This can't be average. It has to be what Crash 2 was for Crash 1. A 180 degrees turn. Obviously some people will get dissapointed. But they need to satisfy most of the fans (especially the older), and grab a fair share of attention from the gaming community as well. Pretty much like Rayman Origins. After YEARS without a great Rayman game, Origins happened and showed 'em. This is what I expect, but even bigger, since Crash IS a bigger deal than Rayman, I think.

Holy shit, it's been so long, baby cakes, I'm ready for you. Should I expect a revival of Crash Landed, as much as I want that??

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Seriously tho, Sony has a HUGE task on their hands. This can't be average. It has to be what Crash 2 was for Crash 1. A 180 degrees turn. Obviously some people will get dissapointed. But they need to satisfy most of the fans (especially the older), and grab a fair share of attention from the gaming community as well. Pretty much like Rayman Origins. After YEARS without a great Rayman game, Origins happened and showed 'em. This is what I expect, but even bigger, since Crash IS a bigger deal than Rayman, I think.

Funny I was talking to a friend about this and this is pretty much how I feel. It can't be just ok especially if it's not going to meet the standards that platformers have met today. If not why even bother.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Auto said:

Holy shit, it's been so long, baby cakes, I'm ready for you. Should I expect a revival of Crash Landed, as much as I want that??

I don't think that will be revived, and it sucks, because I loved it so much, I even have an avatar from one of the screenshots for it.

But you know what? It could finally happen, after 8 years of waiting and denial, and I could say, "yes!" or

in the E3 announcement, I could scream and keep spamming my Twitter over it, mmmm

I loved Landed's Crash design. Honestly, almost more than the original. As much as I love the Naughty Dog design, it was very much a product of its time. Crash looked like a "radical 90s video game mascot character". Landed's, while keeping what made the original design great, seemed to be a fitting update to the character. Plus, I always found it weird when Crash's mouth and stomach were a different color, but that's just me.

I dunno...

If Sony had done (or are sorting out) any kind of deal with Activision, you'd think someone somewhere would have announced something by now

2 hours ago, PokeDwibs said:

I dunno...

If Sony had done (or are sorting out) any kind of deal with Activision, you'd think someone somewhere would have announced something by now

To be fair,  this was leaked ahead of schedule.  So,  we probably weren't even supposed to know yet.  That said,  surprises like this would've been ruined by such an announcement anyway. 

Not that business dealings like these are always made public at such a moment's notice anyway. 

7 hours ago, Auto said:

Tsk. That was thought up under a different company,  so unless Activision and whoever are in a collaboration making an alleged game,  there's about as much chance of that happening as the dreams of a true definitive full-content-with-wrongfully-scrapped-stuff re-release and/or ze planned sequel of Crash Twinsanity being fulfilled. 

13 minutes ago, IniMeenieMiney-Jo-Vahexeon said:

Tsk. That was thought up under a different company,  so unless Activision and whoever are in a collaboration making an alleged game,  there's about as much chance of that happening as the dreams of a true definitive full-content-with-wrongfully-scrapped-stuff re-release and/or ze planned sequel of Crash Twinsanity being fulfilled. 

Oh, right... Hopefully this game will be in the same ballpark. An open world Naughty Dog made Crash game... Imagine...

8 hours ago, Jango said:

Seriously tho, Sony has a HUGE task on their hands. This can't be average. It has to be what Crash 2 was for Crash 1. A 180 degrees turn. 

Of what?  Both games are awesome,  and it's not like Crash 2 goes on the opposite direction of where Crash 1 was going. 

1 minute ago, Auto said:

Oh, right... Hopefully this game will be in the same ballpark. An open world naughty dog made Crash game... Imagine...

If there's even a proper Crash game, let alone a Naughty Dog one in the making,  they should definetly take cues from Twinsanity,  agreed. 

I know Classic Crash is all about linarity packed with challenge, but I feel like a huge return such as this needs more spacious design like that of Twinsanity. ND's apparently doing great with open world adventure games, so they should be able to make it work while not going too far away from classic Crash.