Awoo.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma

Carbo

Finally got my Extended, i did some games with noel however my router just lost the connection, can't wait to play with more of you guys for sure.

Finally got my Extended, i did some games with noel however my router just lost the connection, can't wait to play with more of you guys for sure.

I'm hunting for it myself. I'll add you to my list later to'.

I'm gonna miss brain-dead no-skill Extend Ragna.

Also, I'll be on tonight if you're up for some rounds.

Edited by Ragna Claus

All these challenges you guys give each other... I want in XD

Also, I looked at that video Remz posted... omg that chip Damage Amane does @ 4mins and 5secs... I never saw any of his gameplay before so I never saw THAT XD

Edited by LunarEdge

Yeah, Amane's game is chipping, it's honestly better to just take the brunt of the hit than block.

Or you know... Barrier block it. 

I'm liking how all the new characters look. Very interesting. Very interesting

Or you know... Barrier block it. 

PFFFT, shit eats through Barrier too, it's retarded.

I love me some Izayoi tho.

Still better than losing health. Amane looks less annoying than Blazblue's other zoners, Arakune & Nu mainly. I like the shades of Anji when he attacks and his combos are stylish.

Most of the new B&B combos people are using flow really well. I can't tell whether this is due to the increased game speed or just new animations/moves. eeeek

It's probably the speed, this game is a lot faster.

Yeah, I'm going to say speed as well, it's so much faster than Extend. I'm liking the difference the speed makes

#getdrilled

Seriously that chip!

Also regarding BB vs GG. I agree the pace is getting closer to GG, one thing blazblue still doesn't have is GG's ludicrously strict input timings, although if I'm being honest that's a good thing. 

• Thumbs Up 4

You're all just lucky I live in australia.

I'm late responding to this, but even if you are in Australia your connection to me would probably be better than Ragna's most of the time.

Edited by Shin Kuroi
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is the right topic to post in, but I have a few questions.

I've become curious about the series lately, and was wondering what would be a good game to start with?

How are the characters/story/cutscenes handled in this game?

I know in Guilty Gear they simply have a static piece of artwork with voice overs, does Blaz Blue atleast have animated scenes? And what's the story like? I noticed in GG they had a lot of side stories, and it got a bit confusing. ^^; So I'm hoping this one is a bit more "down to earth" to say the least.

And lastly, does every game have a story mode this time? Thanks!

Edited by Lhancat

I know in Guilty Gear they simply have a static piece of artwork with voice overs, does Blaz Blue atleast have animated scenes? And what's the story like? I noticed in GG they had a lot of side stories, and it got a bit confusing. ^^; So I'm hoping this one is a bit more "down to earth" to say the least.

The story mode is a lot like playing a visual novel, if you're familiar with that genre. There are animated scenes, but these are mostly reserved for big ending moments as opposed to being something that happens often. So yeah, static art. But way more art than what GG had.

The story is a lot more easier and less convoluted than Guilty Gear, but it's still pretty complex despite that.

The best game to jump in with is the latest, Continuum Shift EXTEND, which has all the characters, and a slight recap of the game that came before. 
  • Thumbs Up 1

The story mode is a lot like playing a visual novel, if you're familiar with that genre. There are animated scenes, but these are mostly reserved for big ending moments as opposed to being something that happens often. So yeah, static art. But way more art than what GG had.

The story is a lot more easier and less convoluted than Guilty Gear, but it's still pretty complex despite that.

The best game to jump in with is the latest, Continuum Shift EXTEND, which has all the characters, and a slight recap of the game that came before. 

Er...

• Thumbs Up 1

Are you arguing it's more convoluted than GG?

That's pretty much impossible >.>

yeah blazblue's main story centres around an infinite time loop and a reincarnated clone or whatever but that's nothing compared to the fuckery that is the actual guilty gear plotline

BlazBlue's plot isn't that hard to follow,... its just bullshit. But yeah go with Extend, that'd be your best option. Some will probably say  wait for CP, but no one knows when the hell that's coming out and besides that you can get a feel for the game anyway.

And if you're looking for a sparring partner, I'm always up for matches when I have the time. Actually, anyone who wants to fight can hit me up, I play for fun not tournament shit, though I'd like to be at that level of play one day. I love my little pipe dreams :P

Main: Noel

Subs: Mu-12, Jin (for lulz), and  Tsubaki.

Edited by Jetstream Sam

BlazBlue's plot isn't that hard to follow,... its just bullshit. But yeah go with Extend, that'd be your best option. Some will probably say  wait for CP, but no one knows when the hell that's coming out and besides that you can get a feel for the game anyway.

TY. This is what I meant!

You're going to be saying "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!" for quite some time, storywise.

Also me and Jin are available for sparring on Extend too.

PSN: TheYukianesa

My Characters: Hazama, Jin

Jins Characters: Jin, Lambda, Relius, Hazama, Tsubaki, learning Carl

Edited by Jack Raiden

I've become curious about the series lately, and was wondering what would be a good game to start with?

How are the characters/story/cutscenes handled in this game?

-Extend

-Everyone is pretty much insane except Ragna, Makoto and Tager

-Most cutscenes are like Remz says, like a visual novel. However some animated cutscenes are in the game, most of them in the final story.

-They all have story mode, Extend has Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shifts stories, though you might wanna take some time to understand it.

• Thumbs Up 1