Awoo.

Videogame Facts And Secrets- Mind Is Blown!

Nintendoga

I really wanted to share this with you guys.

It did not appear in a videogame, but a manga produced by 4Koma that has Nintendo's permission called 4Koma Land Mario and Wario (or at least what Google Translate is trying to half-ass.)

Waluigi was predicted six years before his arrival on Mario Tennis in an inevitable Luigi gag.

Scan-111106-0105.jpg

You hear that popping? That's the sound of your brain exploding.

• Thumbs Up 6

The seven koopalings names are dervied from famous people ( Larry = Larry King, Roy = Roy Orbison, Ludwig = Ludwig Von Beethoven)

• 2 weeks later...

got some more mind blowing facts for you from the Land of Zelda....

So you all heard the marvel that is Skyward Sword's main theme song (an amazing piece of perfection imo) i mean check this out...

so amazing... wait.. what's this? it sounds familiar somehow... hang on a second, lets play it Backwards...

hang on a second is that.. is it?

it is! Zelda's Lullaby from Ocarina of Time! oh Nintendo you glorious easter egg hiders you!

also worth noting is if you speed the Gamecube menu music up to 16x speed it's actually the Super Famicon start up jingle.

Nintendo, masters of self plug easter eggs from their past!

• Thumbs Up 1

got some more mind blowing facts for you from the Land of Zelda....

So you all heard the marvel that is Skyward Sword's main theme song (an amazing piece of perfection imo) i mean check this out...

so amazing... wait.. what's this? it sounds familiar somehow... hang on a second, lets play it Backwards...

hang on a second is that.. is it?

it is! Zelda's Lullaby from Ocarina of Time! oh Nintendo you glorious easter egg hiders you!

also worth noting is if you speed the Gamecube menu music up to 16x speed it's actually the Super Famicon start up jingle.

Nintendo, masters of self plug easter eggs from their past!

Regarding the Skyward Sword musical easter egg. . . Holy frack. . . . .

Your face when the loftwings were hinted back in the old A Link to the Past manga adaptation

1330838400381.jpg

What do I get from winning the thread?.....guys?

• Thumbs Up 7

The seven koopalings names are dervied from famous people ( Larry = Larry King, Roy = Roy Orbison, Ludwig = Ludwig Von Beethoven)

Little Add-On: I bet some of you guys didn't know Lemmy is the oldest under Ludwig.

Your face when the loftwings were hinted back in the old A Link to the Past manga adaptation

1330838400381.jpg

What do I get from winning the thread?.....guys?

it was also hinted in Twilight Princess when talking to the historia guy in the basement when you activate the owl totems with the staff, you can talk to him after completing that part of the game and he'll tell you about an ancient kingdom floating high above the clouds with mighty birds, and a special Crimson bird that was part of Hyrule's history and somehow connected to the land and markings Hyrule castle resides on... Zelda is one of those series that gives you serious nostalgia boners and shivers of satisfaction when they dare to breach into past or future titles in the series, this one time being one of my most notable times.

It's a stretch to say they planned to do a game with the flying birds back then, but it's a nice callback that they used the concept in Skyward like they did. Very cool.

the fact that Skyward Sword answered a lot of questions regarding Zelda's continuity and place in the timeline was a major step for Nintendo who simply like to shrug off the questions of the fans and make pretty games with good stories, i feel they still tend to slip up on occasion when often blinded by their desire to nostalgia bomb us... like the fact they put the Hylian Shield as a secret unlockable near the end of the game (which felt pointless) and it didn't fit with the time since the Hylian crest hadn't been created by the time the Hylian Shield was made, it was more of a "Hey let's put this famous shield in the game, fans will love it" i wouldn't be so sour over it if it didn't feel like Nintendo where mocking us by adding it so late in the game...

Fun Fact: Gordon Freeman had a pony tail in HL1.

Edited by SuperStingray

• 3 weeks later...

How could this awesome thread go to the depths of hell? Well here's one that half of you will know and the other half were still on the dark on this one. Remember that song from JSR by Guitar Vader called Super Brothers.....

Well if you listen to the lyrics closely it is actually about two famous super brothers and they are the Mario Brothers ohmy.png

Lyrics: Come we(re) going to rescue Peach. We(re) Super Boys. 1234567, we like mushrooms(s). She’s Playing Anata ga meija (you’re controlling). Love, love, love, love, baby.

And here's the rest of some secrets you didn't know thanks to Barry the Nomad happy.png

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/03/02/five-things-you-may-not-have-known-about-jet-set-radio/

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...

Bumping for greatness

That's right... this is is no trick...

Don't try leaving, it's useless. I told you...

I can read your every post.

Now let me blow your mind.

No... perhaps I should read your past

You are a very methodical user. The type that always likes other members post without even reading them before you leave.

You are a very unskilled warrior. One that does not check his NSMBWii disc and realize the pattern on the disc is a reference to...

0ltOy.jpg

Yeah I doubt this was intentional but still...

Still don't believe me?

Now I'll read more deeply into your Hard drive....

Hmm....

You like Playstation 2 don't you?

Well check this out

Sony bought a patent from bankrupt Atari for their PS2 design.

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Atari Falcon 030 Microbox.

Microbox1.gif

dsc011704tq.jpg

Hmmm. Your mind has not been blown often.

You are somewhat reckless.

I can blow you like an open book.

The demonstration is over!!

I can blow you like an open book

What the fuck did I just say?

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 8

• 1 month later...

These are more creepy than mind-blowing, but the Pokedex descriptions for various Ghost/Psychic types can get... weird.

Here are some good examples:

haunter.gif

Haunter:

Ruby/Sapphire: Haunter is a dangerous Pokémon. If one beckons you while floating in darkness, you must never approach it. This Pokémon will try to lick you with its tongue and steal your life away

Crystal: It hides in the dark, planning to take the life of the next living thing that wanders close by.

Black/White: It likes to lurk in the dark and tap shoulders with a gaseous hand. Its touch causes endless shuddering.

drowzee.gif

Drowzee:

Silver: It remembers every dream it eats. It rarely eats the dreams of adults because children's are much tastier.

Ruby/Sapphire: If your nose becomes itchy while you are sleeping, it's a sure sign that one of these Pokémon is standing above your pillow and trying to eat your dream through your nostrils.

banette.gif

Banette:

Ruby/Sapphire:Banette generates energy for laying strong curses by sticking pins into its own body. This Pokémon was originally a pitiful plush doll that was thrown away.

Black/White:A doll that became a Pokémon over its grudge from being junked. It seeks the child that disowned it.

I guess the mind-blowing thing about it is that they actually included such disturbing descriptions in a game geared towards children. I mean seriously, this is scary stuff!

• Thumbs Up 1

I've seen whole posters of weird Pokedex stuff before. Like apparently Wartortles live for ten thousand years and Magcargo is hotter than the Sun.

Not to mention that Parasect is essentially a soulless husk of a Paras that has its body taken over by its own mushroom.

Edited by TheScroogenator

This one is a bit creepy... there is a ghost in Hitman: Contracts. For a certain mission you need to kill some people in a hotel. What's interesting is a closed door in said hotel. If you pick the lock in, you'll find a bloody room and a cop saying there has been an accident. Of course, you do what any sane gamer would and kill the cop. But when you go into the bathroom...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRAx_4bmaj0

A ghost scares the crap out of you. More interesting is, the game is know for its realism, and even more, the ghost has no explanation or relation to the plot whatsoever.

• Thumbs Up 2

I only recently found this out the other day... But Comix Zone iconic Soundtrack is actually 8-Bit versions of full songs with Lyrics, the original Tracks the score came from were burned to a free music CD bundled with special edition Comix Zone Megadrive games, then shortly after bundled with the PC port.

I honestly had no idea! the actual music is quite different from the final game versions though.

• 5 weeks later...

Super Mario Worlds' Map is based off of planet Earth?

Super-Mario-World-Map_thumb.jpgworld_pol495.jpg

Seriously threw me for a loop when I discovered this yesterday. (Lol U.S. is Donut Plains)

Edited by Extruder

Heh, I got thrown off by staring closely at the wrong one...

If you sit around for too long in Knuckles' Chaotix, Metal Sonic will appear out of nowhere and stare the fuck at you...

Edited by Optimus Prime

And finally, the PS2 Start-up Animation.

ps2startuplyksd.png

I'm sure you've all noticed the white towers on the PS2 start-up screen, right? Well wait, how come sometimes there's alot of towers and other times there's none. Random generator? Nope, that's not just some nice useless eye-candy.

The towers represent games. The more games you play on the PS2, the more towers are added. The longer you play a game, the higher the tower gets. That's why the towers are always changing!

All of them saved on the Memory Card btw.

Mind = Blown

• Thumbs Up 7