Awoo.

Videogame Facts And Secrets- Mind Is Blown!

Nintendoga

-image-

This is Vivian from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Believe it or not, it's actually a guy! The Japanese version, and some PAL versions of the game mention how she appears to be a girl but is really a boy. The fact that he/she was a guy is never mentioned in the English version.

Edited by Winston the Fredpool
  • Thumbs Up 2

This is Vivian from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Believe it or not, it's actually a guy!

http://www.mariowiki...9/91/Vivian.jpg (on the iPad so I can't post the pic on here, bear with me >>)

This is Vivian from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Believe it or not, it's actually a guy! The Japanese version, and some PAL versions of the game mention how she appears to be a girl but is really a boy. The fact that he/she was a guy is never mentioned in the English version.

Jeez, he/she even kissed mario if I remember right.

Well, Yoshi might be engaged to a girl/guy. Birdo has a ring...hopefully Yoshi didn't pop the question not knowing Birdo's a guy blink.png

Is this true? I mean, if I recall correctly, the only one who was really calling Vivian's gender into question was Beldam, a Grade-A jerkass who belittled Vivian like it was going out of style.

iirc, Vivian's gender was also explicitly mentioned in the small excerpt Mario's partners have in the Partners tab of the Pause Screen.

Edited by Dr. Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is this true? I mean, if I recall correctly, the only one who was really calling Vivian's gender into question was Beldam, a Grade-A jerkass who belittled Vivian like it was going out of style.

Vivian's character description roughly translates from Japanese as: "One of the shadow group, Vivian appears to be a girl but is really a boy." Goombella's Tattle also states: "That's Vivian. Of the shadow group, she's the youngest sister... er, brother."

Pretty messed up. =I

• Thumbs Up 1

In all honesty glad that Vivian was turned to a girl here. 'Cause she/he's right stereotypical.

Anyways, one secret I know is that while it is impossible for you to get the triforce in OOT you can see te mark on your hand if you hack your way into Zelda's garden as Adult Link. This is probably because at this point of the game Link has the Triforce glowing on his hands. If you're able to pull this off properly you'll be able to see the mark on his hand. This is only performabel in the N64 version, if I recall.

I'd link the old video if I could but this IPod is limited.

Well how would you feel if a girl kissed you, you blush, then later you find out that was a guy. Wouldn't you feel creeped out?

If I wasn't married and found them attractive, it wouldn't really matter, hell it might even turn me on a little, though to the world I might present an embarrassed or slightly grossed out attitude to maintain what little reputation I have.

It really isn't an issue though. smile.png

Keep the interesting and obscure revelations coming, people! There's some absolutely great material in here so far and I know there's more out there.

I can't speak for Birdo but Vivian is exactly the same in Spain (EU?) as it was in the original Japanese: transsexual witch boy.

He gets lots of hilarious descriptions and comments during the game. Loved the trio, would hate to see that kind of stuff censored.

Edited by Dobkeratops

As far as I know, Spain is the only western country that retained Vivian's Japanese characterization. Bit weird.

As far as I know, Spain is the only western country that retained Vivian's Japanese characterization. Bit weird.

WRONG!

The Italian version also kept that . In fact, our version had many elements kept from the Japanese one. The floating island where you fight Rawk Hawk (Falcoman over here) is still called Oolong, for example.

Edited by Azure Nald

Wario is called Wario not simply because of the "upside down M" but because in Japanese, "Warui" means "Evil". Again, another play on words. Hence why Luigi's evil counterpart is named "Waruigi"

Mario and Sonic have also joined forces. What most people don't know however, this wasn't during the Olympics, but WAY back in the 90's, on a Genesis of all things.

On the Megadrive game Mega Turrican (PAL version) Someone dug deep into the game and found something....interesting in the VRAM files.

sonicmario.jpg

Genesis does what Nintendon't?

Nintendo should totally sue. And speaking of Nintendo...

MarioYoshiSmallAni2.gif

The fat bastard is punching him(or more likely pointing his hand forward in like a "ATTACK" kind of pose.)

And hey Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was a great game. Fun, lovely to look at, original. But do you know what wasn't original? Konami of America.

Castlevania_-_Symphony_Of_The_Night_ntsc-front.jpg

2677373667_ac76d5f04a.jpg

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 5

Wario is called Wario not simply because of the "upside down M" but because in Japanese, "Warui" means "Evil". Again, another play on words. Hence why Luigi's evil counterpart is named "Waruigi"

Waluigi's name is actually a lot more clever than people think, in Japanese anyway. Warui also refers to a condescending apology, which is a reference to his arrogance. And "waruiji" is an anagram for "ijiwaru" meaning "someone who is bad" or "mean-spirited."

WRONG!

The Italian version also kept that . In fact, our version had many elements kept from the Japanese one. The floating island where you fight Rawk Hawk (Falcoman over here) is still called Oolong, for example.

You learn something new every day. It's really interesting to see differences like this. It goes to show that Nintendo of Europe really is fragmented too.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

2677373667_ac76d5f04a.jpg

This place, Mont Saint-Michel, features as a multiplayer map in Assassin's Creed II: Brotherhood.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Mario Galaxy 2 and 3D Land figures are HORRIFYING. Some of the creepiest stuff I've ever seen in a videogame full stop, let alone a Mario game!

• Thumbs Up 2

Speaking of fragmentation, Nintendo of UK did a completely different translation, from the United States, for Spirit Tracks. Mainly the difference is in character and town names, which are quite drastic for a few. For instance:

U.S. Names:

Byrne

Whittleton

Aboda Village

UK Names:

Staven

Mayscore

Outset Village

Try again. That's fake, this is the real one:

[media=]http://youtu.be/fZOd_gFld9c

The only difference is the pitch of some parts of the music. And if you believe the suicide rumours, well you've probably found Mew under the truck too.

No need to be an arse hole about it. I literally said they're rumors.

Still pretty creepy though.

Edited by Alice

There's a secret code that makes the announcer in Wave Race for the GC insult you and make sarcastic comments. Basically he's the Glados before Glados.

"Greeeeaaatt."

"Supeerrrr"

"Pathetic"

"Last Lap, soon the agony will be over."

"Your wins are like diamonds kid, very rare"

"You don't have an inferiority complex, you're just inferior."

I love this man.

• Thumbs Up 5