Awoo.

Videogame Facts And Secrets- Mind Is Blown!

Nintendoga

Koffing and Weezing were to be originally named "Ny" and "La" when Pokemon Red and Blue were being localized. The names were references to New York and Los Angeles, where air pollution was rampant.

Edited by Dr. Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 4

On the Gamecube, using a Wavebird controller. If you hold the analog stick in one direction BEFORE you turn the controller on, the direction you held it in will now be the stationary position, and the stationary position is now the opposite direction from the way you held the stick.

That happened a lot with the Dreamcast and N64. It's a fault of early sticks in general.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow uh...here's something dark that probably all of us Oot fans never saw in-game.

After the cutscene where Zelda and Impa flee Hyrule Castle and you see Ganondorf, you always grab the Oot and head to the Temple of Time right?

Well if you actually go into the back alley after that scene but before anything else, you'll see a Soldier dying

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 3

Super-Mario-Bros.jpg

bushes are cloud recolors

omg

It gets better...

smbi1.gif

Luigi is a recolour of Mario

Mind = BLOWN!!!

tumblr_m5ms0a3zbo1rw70wfo1_500.png

I actually knew this for a while, but just pasting this here was easier than posting both logos.

Holy shit, I knew Drew Carey was up to no good.

Here's one regarding Team Fortress 2, for those of you that play:

tf2_spy.jpg

If a Spy is disguised as another class, their eyes will follow you, while a real character would be looking straight ahead.

Wow uh...here's something dark that probably all of us Oot fans never saw in-game.

After the cutscene where Zelda and Impa flee Hyrule Castle and you see Ganondorf, you always grab the Oot and head to the Temple of Time right?

Well if you actually go into the back alley after that scene but before anything else, you'll see a Soldier dying

I remember hearing about this a while ago, and I had to see it myself in subsequent playthroughs of the game.

Speaking of Zelda, that's a series with a lot of neat easter eggs. In Ocarina of Time, an Arwing from Star Fox is an unused enemy on the cartridge.

Link_vs._Arwing.png

It can be accessed with Gameshark codes.

Also in Majora's Mask, do you remember this guy?

Igos_du_Ikana.png

Igos du Ikana, the king at Ikana castle is a boss. If you're wearing the Captain's Mask, he'll briefly mistake you for the stalfos leader before he comes to his senses. And before that, when you're fighting his two comic relief lackeys, you can use the Bremen Mask to make them march around.

[media=]

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 2

Roll your eyes as I show this pic of the Giygas=Fetus theory (doubt it's true but I think it's fun to look into it)

oh_shi.jpg

That means Ness is doing an unprofessional

ness.png

Oh and in the original Pokedex, Pikachu is 25, while Meowth is 52. They're reversed numbers, opposites, cat and mouse.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 3

lol at the spidey one. I remember me and my friends putting in curse words and seeing spidey come up and punch it. We were laughing so hard.

Think this is the last one from me today,

Another big one for you Halo fans. Just found out about it and it shocked me that I never noticed it before.

IslandCompare.jpg

Left one is Silent Cartagropher in Halo 1

Right one is in Halo 3's final level "Halo"

I love you Bungie.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 3

[media=]

I love hidden shit like this.

Here's one that probably none of you knew.

Sor3_unfin_wasteland_sonic.gif

This was a cut level from streets of rage 3 that was supposed to lead up to Mr.X's hideout. I like the little Sonic sign's in it.

The one game I love to find secret's about is Half Life 2. I even bought a somewhat rare book called "Half Life 2 RAISING THE BAR" that explains how VALVe came to be, and nearly all of Half life 2's secrets.

For instance, Sometime around the game's development, it had a really dark atmosphere, and was set somewhere in Washington, Rather then somewhere in Europe.The game had a much more darker tone. Citizen's had to wear the proper clothing just to be able to survive the atmosphere, Which lacked any breathable air Thank's to a machine called the Air Exchange. Gordon Freeman was supposed to shut down the air exchange though.

Gasmask_citizen_concept.jpg

Airex_reactor.jpg

The game was intended to be much longer as well. You would actually be able to fight the Combine Advisers at some point, and there was also a water based monster called the hydra. I think most of you know about the hydra monster already.

Remember the Antlions? Well, you were originally supposed to fight "The Antlion King" at some point. Not much is known about this character though, other then some concept art, and the fact he would tower over Gordon by about 60 feet.

Antlion_King_concept.jpg

Dr Breen also looked much more badass originally to me honestly. He was supposed to be called "The consul", and Eventually, He would be completely dependent on Life support machines from the waist and below. Honestly from the concept art though, it looks like he got sucked into some kind of Vacuum cleaner.

Consul_transformed.jpg

Consul_bust.jpg

Also, This is my favorite bit in the entire book, In Valve's earliest bit's Gabe Newell asked for some concept art of aliens from his friends little brother. Apparently the last time he saw him was when he was 12. When he saw him again, he was 16, With Piercings and Tattoo's all over his body. Any conceptual art just looked like Freakish alien genitalia in Gabe Newell's description. One of the picture's though was turned into a cut enemy called Mr. Friendly. He would apparently rape the player in a sense.

413px-Mr._friendly.jpg

If there's something about the half life 2, or half life 2 in general you want to know about, just ask me. Raising the bar has everything!

Consulcast_arcade.jpg

EVERYTHING

Edited by Mephiles550
  • Thumbs Up 5

Earthworm Jim is a secret character in a Fighting Game (one of my favorites) called Battle Arena Toshinden originally for the Playstation; But Earthworm is only playable in the PC port.

Hm.

If you've ever played a classic Megaman game (the NES ones) you'll have no doubt noticed these rooms:

b5iaz.png

Pattern is always the same: one screen big, you enter from the right side and exit to the left. Sometimes they've got enemies, sometimes Eddie will drop you an item, sometimes they have absolutely nothing. So why are they there?

Because the camera cannot be recentered. Instead of fixing the code they'd make you walk all the way to the left again so the scrolling doesn't screw up. This was present on the engine over the course of, what, 8 games? And not a single fuck was given.

Capcom, ladies and gents.

Tbh they have a fun history with regards to game dev. DMC originated from a bug in a RE prototype and Viewtiful Joe's powers are literally debug mode.

Roll your eyes as I show this pic off the Giygas=Fetus theory (doubt it's true but I think it's fun to look into it)

100% true. The original title for these games is MOTHER and Itoi knows very well his imagery/metaphors.

• Thumbs Up 6

a more commonly known one, hold Z on the cube controller before you start up a game and you'll get a different start up chime

have 4 controllers plugged into the console and get people to hold Z on all of the controllers and do it again, you'll get a chinese chime

[media=]

Edited by Peacock
  • Thumbs Up 1

I can't believe not one of you has mentioned this!

The Chris Houlihan room in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past!

The Chris Houlihan Room is a secret room in A Link to the Past. It contains 45 Blue Rupees scattered on a shining blue floor and a Telepathy Tile on the back wall. The tile says "My name is Chris Houlihan. This is my top secret room. Keep it between us, okay?" The room is not an intended part of normal gameplay, but rather a crash prevention measure. It is a failsafe room that the game sends Link to when it can't determine which room he should be sent to. Nintendo held a contest in a 1990 Nintendo Power magazine, where a randomly-selected winner would get to appear in a future NES game. To win, the person had to take a picture of the elusive Warmech boss in the game Final Fantasy, and mail it to Nintendo Power. Chris Houlihan received the grand prize: a cameo appearance in a Nintendo game. This game ended up being A Link to the Past.
  • Thumbs Up 1

At one point Sonic the Hedgehog was not originally going to be the hero, but Dr. Eggman was. Just think about how different the series would've been had Sega gone through with that decision.

Sonic Heroes currently holds the record for most playable characters in a platformer.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not sure if this is an easter egg, but here's a neat TF2 one.

Meet the Spy was released in the Sniper vs Spy update.

In the video, the Spy slashed the Sniper's face with his knife at 1:53:

In that same update, what did they add to Sniper's character model?

Larrikin_Robin.png

A scar on his face where he was cut. A nice touch.

• Thumbs Up 6

Think Lavender town had some scary music?

Well wait until you hear this

[media=]

Song has alot of history and rumors behind it ranging from kids hearing things in the song adults couldn't leading to suicide because some of the sounds drove them insane.

Edit: 1:20 seconds in is when it gets really creepy!

Edited by Alice
  • Thumbs Up 1

[media=]

Song has alot of history and rumors behind it ranging from kids hearing things in the song adults couldn't leading to suicide because some of the sounds drove them insane.

*not the real music*

Try again. That's fake, this is the real one:

[media=]http://youtu.be/fZOd_gFld9c

The only difference is the pitch of some parts of the music. And if you believe the suicide rumours, well you've probably found Mew under the truck too.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 7

Link's Awakening,

When you find a Buzzblob (they're the green jelly enemies in DX) sprinkle some magic powder on them and they'll start saying this

Hey mon!"

"You know me, I like short names the best"

"It can display millions of polygons at one time"

"I definitely need it, as soon as possible!"

He's talking about the Nintendo 64. This game came out in 1993, the year the N64 started development.

I don't know if it's like this in the english version of the normal Link's Awakening (not the DX one), but in the german version, he says things like

"Give me your juice, I'll give you mine"

and

"Never do it without condom"

To add to this, in the german/french/japanese Version, you dont search for the necklace of the mermaid, you look for her bikini top. She also doesn't tell you she searched for it here already when you dive, no, she insults you for diving and staring at her breasts. If you finally got the bikini top back and she wants you to give it back, there are two options: "Okay." and *drool*. I'm not kidding.

• Thumbs Up 2

Those pieces of Lavender Town music, both real and fake, really are unsettling.

Feels like the whole 'Dead Bart' thing all over again...

• Thumbs Up 4

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/9/91/Vivian.jpg (on the iPad so I can't post the pic on here, bear with me >>)

This is Vivian from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Believe it or not, it's actually a guy! The Japanese version, and some PAL versions of the game mention how she appears to be a girl but is really a boy. The fact that he/she is a guy is never mentioned in the English version.

Edited by Gabz Girl