Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

I think so, I don't see why not anyway.

Well the DX DLC from 2 years ago was only released a week after so i wanted to be sure. I'm guessing SEGA is finally doing things right with these re-releases.

Sega didn't do a very clever thing. If they forgot the Pc release date, they should at least have the guts to update the sa2 page, which still states:

Sonic Adventure 2 makes its return on Playstation®Network, Xbox LIVE Arcade, and PC Digital Download with a full cast of playable heroes and villains, exciting two-player competitive modes, Chao Gardens, and more than 30 action-packed stages, all remastered in HD!

So, it's confirmed, but still they didn't tell us everything, so we know that it is real, not just a hunch, but don't have a release date

Source: http://www.sega.com/games/sonic-adventure-2/

Well the DX DLC from 2 years ago was only released a week after so i wanted to be sure. I'm guessing SEGA is finally doing things right with these re-releases.

Oh, right. In that case I don't know. I didn't get the SA1 XBLA port right away, so I didn't know the DLC wasn't immediate. (I didn't actually get the DLC anyway, since Mission Mode is kind of meh).

Why the 3 day gap between the PSN and XBLA releases? I have a PS3, but unless they say (or have said) that NiGHTS and/or SA2 HD will work on the VITA as well as the PS3, I will download them on the Xbox 360

Am I the only one who seems to think there may be some sort of game pack, kind of like the Dreamcast Collection, in the near future?

Am I the only one who seems to think there may be some sort of game pack, kind of like the Dreamcast Collection, in the near future?

Doesn't sound like a bad idea actually. It would be a nice way for them to make some money.

That would be amazing if they did make a new Dreamcast Collection disc! They already have JSR and Nights to give it some nice variety. I just don't know how likely this would be since they're putting them under that digital Heritage line.

Otherwise, 800 points is really cheap. Whelp. Time to buy a points card.

That would be amazing if they did make a new Dreamcast Collection disc! They already have JSR and Nights to give it some nice variety. I just don't know how likely this would be since they're putting them under that digital Heritage line.

Otherwise, 800 points is really cheap. Whelp. Time to buy a points card.

NiGHTS is for the Sega Saturn.

I don't see why they should make another DC collection, they should call it "Gamecube Collection plus some crap DC games". At least that was what happened to the first one. Unless they decide to re-release Shemnue, Skies of Arcadia, Power Stone, but yet I don't see why waste money doing a disc version.

Also, as I've said in the status updates, why is it that since SEGA merged their US blog with their EU blog, they only ever post details for the US? It's so frustrating.

The UK version of the site now shows the product page for SA2. Nothing new though on it compared to the US site.

Edited by NightwingFox

Sooo basically, the Battle DLC for SA2 is the multiplayer stuff? Eh. I'll skip that then. I'll probably just pick up both games and leave any DLC out unless they did something nice.

That and the Chao Karate mini-game for the Chao Garden.

I'm really hoping that there will be online multiplayer for this port, that would seriously make it so much better. Has anything official been said about online capability?

I'm really hoping that there will be online multiplayer for this port, that would seriously make it so much better. Has anything official been said about online capability?

It's just DLC and Leaderboards, I believe.

It's just DLC and Leaderboards, I believe.

Aw, that's too bad. I'm getting this right when it comes out either way, but I think it would've been a smart move by Sega to include online multiplayer. Since the port is tagged with "Battle" solely because they improved the multiplayer, it only makes sense, right?

Aw, that's too bad. I'm getting this right when it comes out either way, but I think it would've been a smart move by Sega to include online multiplayer. Since the port is tagged with "Battle" solely because they improved the multiplayer, it only makes sense, right?

Maybe but trying to make a high speed sonic game.....Oh wait SA2B wasn't crazy fast. Nevermind. Just a missed opportunity from sega.

Maybe but trying to make a high speed sonic game.....Oh wait SA2B wasn't crazy fast. Nevermind. Just a missed opportunity from sega.

Liar. SA2B Was super craaazy fast!!!

(With an Action Replay.)

• Thumbs Up 1

True speed earned just like the classics from practice, no boost rubbish given to you automatically or anything like that.

Agreed, I thought SA2 was perfect in the speed department, if you're good you'll go fast without really mucking up the "flow" of the level, and if you're bad you will have to stop constantly. Plus the spindash works very well in this game (as well as SA).

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not so sure true skill really made you go faster. It's very much possible to spam the spindash cancel akin to Classic Sonic's broken spindash in Generations to maintain some crazy speeds without boosters.

• Thumbs Up 4

No, true speed is only earned in the Genesis games when not using the spindash. Sonic Team hasn't figured out how to do it in 3D yet, and at this point I'm doubting they ever will.

• Thumbs Up 1