Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Hey, guys.

Remember the draw "Draw Aaron riding a Turtle on Lava" to win free Sonic Adventure 2 codes, that Ken started?

There is a sequel.

Aaron strikes back with a "Draw Ken Balough, dressed as Elise, and Big the Cat" to win a free copy (or signed copy) of Sonic Generations.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?421920-The-Ken-Balough-Fan-Art-Challenge-Win-a-copy-of-Sonic-Generations

Hey, guys.

Remember the draw "Draw Aaron riding a Turtle on Lava" to win free Sonic Adventure 2 codes, that Ken started?

There is a sequel.

Aaron strikes back with a "Draw Ken Balough, dressed as Elise, and Big the Cat" to win a free copy (or signed copy) of Sonic Generations.

http://forums.sega.c...nic-Generations

Apparently, many there have Gens and not as much people want a signed copy. Gosh, Aaron and Ken, come over to SSMB and do this stuff. You'll get so much response. :)

They could've done a SA1 + DLC bundle thingy or an S4 bundle or maybe even a discounted S&ASRT signed copy but I'm pretty sure SA2 HD will always get the biggest response.

Edited by Faseeh

Well, Marcello, this is kinda... sexy.

By the way, I've posted one entry too (page 20). I didn't saw they are giving signed copies, and since I've never owned something signed in my life, I decided to give it a try smile.png

Edited by Jango

I'll announce the details for my Sonic Adventure 2 + DLC (Console of your choice) give away tomorrow.

Does that include steam?

And can you please make the contest last longer than a few hours? I have school in the morning so i don't want to miss it

Edited by Sabi96

Sonic Adventure 2 will be released on October 2 for PSN for $9.99 and for Xbox 360 on October 5 for 800 points

The Battle DLC will be for an additional $3.00/240 points

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/09/17/nights-into-dreams%E2%80%A6-and-sonic-adventure-2-available-in-october/

Edited by TheBlueWind

I'll announce the details for my Sonic Adventure 2 + DLC (Console of your choice) give away tomorrow.

Will you announce it here or somewhere else? I'd very much like to get my hands on the Steam version...

Not sure what to think of Chao Karate being locked for the Battle DLC. On the one hand it's authentic to the original versions...but...

I wonder if these are the dates for the UK as well. Seems a bit odd since the UK XBLA normally updates on a Wednesday.

Hope we still get them then, and both on the same day.

The SEGA blog doesn't say the release date for SA2 being specific to US or UK. So I assume both regions to get it on 2/10 (Tuesday).

EDIT:

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/09/17/nights-into-dreams%e2%80%a6-and-sonic-adventure-2-available-in-october/

In VizardJeffhogs article he says US but that is actually USD (Dollars).

Edited by NightwingFox

Hope the Steam release it at least within the same week.

Wonder if we'll automatically get the "DLC" like we did with SA1.

(And wouldn't it be hilarious if the DLC actually removed Big The Cat? Lol).

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

The SEGA blog doesn't say the release date for SA2 being specific to US or UK. So I assume both regions to get it on 2/10 (Tuesday).

EDIT:

http://blogs.sega.co...ble-in-october/

In VizardJeffhogs article he says US but that is actually USD (Dollars).

US PS Store updates on a Tuesday, while the EU one updates on a Wednesday, so Europe will get it on the 3rd or most likely on the 10th after Xbox Live has had it on the 5th.

US PS Store updates on a Tuesday, while the EU one updates on a Wednesday, so Europe will get it on the 3rd or most likely on the 10th after Xbox Live has had it on the 5th.

If indeed EU PSN gets it a week after the US, then that is fair enough. After all, EU PSN got Sonic CD a week before US PSN did. So can't complain. Either way I finally get to play SA2. Yay.

Also, as I've said in the status updates, why is it that since SEGA merged their US blog with their EU blog, they only ever post details for the US? It's so frustrating.

Any idea which Chao Gardens they'll use? e.g. the bigger, more impressive DC gardens or the tiny GC ones?

It's the Gamecube games that's been ported, so I would expect those versions. Unlike the Big cameos, the Chao Gardens were changed due to them causing bugs. So unless they've gone about fixing things, the gardens will be the GCN ones.

Sooo basically, the Battle DLC for SA2 is the multiplayer stuff? Eh. I'll skip that then. I'll probably just pick up both games and leave any DLC out unless they did something nice.

Also, as I've said in the status updates, why is it that since SEGA merged their US blog with their EU blog, they only ever post details for the US? It's so frustrating.

Well, the EU community team are no more, right? The last of their staff was let go in April. So the US team is basically the SEGA West community team. I agree, they need to do a better job of making announcements for both regions. Like, with the Transformed bonus edition they made two posts for the exact same info with the only difference being the region and name of the edition. I'll bet we'll see a post soon that states the same sort of info, but for Europe.

Perhaps you could voice that concern to them via twitter?