Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Nope. They've only added PC-exclusive characters that are, again, only really relevant to PC gamers.

Didn't they come with the game?

Didn't they come with the game?

General Winter and Willemus weren't there originally at release date.

They were added on July and August.

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha, of course not.

Oh, but they will! They've said so! About three times!

A hint of advice: When SEGA says that they'll do something, don't trust it.

• Thumbs Up 1

...Yet another PC exclusive character, and its not even from a Sega or Sega PC franchise...wonderful mellow.png. Seriously Sega? I get the idea behind this (for charity, and getting that charity from Popular Youtube star), but this guy of all things? If Sega got a Youtube star that is fimilar with Sega and Sonic (like Clement, Johny or Comberman), then this wouldn't sting to much, but the Minecraft dude?....

I really hope the poll DLC does come soon (to CONSOLES, you know the platforms the games sold the MOST ON?!?), but it pointless to expect anything more form this game; we will be lucky to get Ryo, Maku or other Sega characters as DLC. At this point, Sega and Sumo are just better off making a sequel with those fan requested characters or a re-release ala Super Street Fighter IV for current/next-gen platforms with the new characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope. They've only added PC-exclusive characters that are, again, only really relevant to PC gamers.

Wasn't the first DLC pack featuring Metal Sonic and Outrun? I admit I haven't really been following the game despite owning it since launch but that's all that shows up on Steam's store listing.

Wasn't the first DLC pack featuring Metal Sonic and Outrun? I admit I haven't really been following the game despite owning it since launch but that's all that shows up on Steam's store listing.

Released on all platforms, mind you. The rest of the PC-exclusives were patched in.

Edited by TripsS3

The only DLC on consoles/handhelds if Metal Sonic & Outrun, it's also the only console paid for DLC.

The PC however has had several additional characters added for free.

It's nice that it's for charity but this is as random as it gets...and I don't even have anything against the Yogscast. O_o

So which internet celebrity is next then? Obviously not people like Johnny or Clement who actually play and review Sonic games and are big SEGA fans!

• Thumbs Up 1

What the fuck, seriously?

As a regular guy I'm happy that they're doing a charity thing.

As a Sonic fan I'm disappointed it's not a more relevant character. 

It's nice that it's for charity but this is as random as it gets...and I don't even have anything against the Yogscast. O_o

So which internet celebrity is next then? Obviously not people like Johnny or Clement who actually play and review Sonic games and are big SEGA fans!

That's what really surprised me about this whole thing; if Sega and Sumo decided to included a Youtube Star in their game, I would think it would be ether of them (Clement's appearance would be epic though; dat Eggman impression biggrin.png) as they are big Sega and Sonic fans....but I guess Sega just picked the Youtube star with the most subscribers....

Maybe that means we will see Arin, JonTron and Dan share a car made out of copies of Sonic 06 wink.png!

Have you watched Johnny's recent Lost World review? He said in it that he barely touched SASRT, so i don't know.

I'm guessing it would be easy for them to get recordings for him, since he's in Bristol and Sumo is in Sheffield.

Have you watched Johnny's recent Lost World review? He said in it that he barely touched SASRT, so i don't know.

Doesn't mean much considering all the other stuff he reviewed prior to his Lost World review (the ENTIRE Mega Man Classic series, including Mega Man and Base, and the very difficult Ghost and Goblins NES/SNES games), making his scedual a bit packed. Besides, he liked the original Sonic All Stars Racing, and he sounded like he like Transformed too :).

So now that i've had the time to let this news sink in, my thoughts on this...

While completely unexpected, i'm willing to give this a try and see how it turns out.

Next week will certainly be an interesting one...

• Thumbs Up 1

Or maybe Yogscast approached Sumo to promote their charity work even further and eventually got permission from SEGA to do it?

Kinda proves SEGA don't know what the fuck they are doing any more, sure hey, lets throw in some Youtube famous people because "charity!"

If that's the case, where's my fucking Doge DLC?

• Thumbs Up 5

Even if it's for charity, random Youtubers are where I draw the line. Even more out of place than Danica. You may respond with "but now now!" but that just speaks as to how the roster has been handled. One joke character or two is fine but this is too much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kinda proves SEGA don't know what the fuck they are doing any more, sure hey, lets throw in some Youtube famous people because "charity!"

If that's the case, where's my fucking Doge DLC?

>Blames SEGA

>Developer is Sumo

:|.

So we have a famous racecar driver, a movie refference, a RTS russian guy, and now a youtuber?

Remember when this game had just SEGA and Sonic characters? those were good times.

I'll just sum up what Guess Who posted at Retro:

eqs0gPP.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

>Blames SEGA

>Developer is Sumo

:|.

This won't have been a thing without SEGA's go ahead, it's their game, whether SUMO made it or not, so yes I am blaming SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 1

So we have a famous racecar driver, a movie refference, a RTS russian guy, and now a youtuber?

Remember when this game had just SEGA and Sonic characters? those were good times.

Well, man, Danica and Wreck-It Ralph were around since the beginning, so technically, this game never had just Sega and Sonic characters....

I was reffering to the first ASR but okay.

This won't have been a thing without SEGA's go ahead, it's their game, whether SUMO made it or not, so yes I am blaming SEGA.

I think all of SEGA's involvement was rubberstamping it as a charity writeoff for their taxes. I think SUMO is at fault, they could've picked anyone else more noticiable from within the sonic community but no its some dude from the minecraft community who nobody knows really outside of the minecraft community.

This dude better have some god-tier game-breaking all star move.