Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

That's not true! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't use it to reload guns in GTA IV, or to...

Um...

Adjust the camera settings in GT5.

• Thumbs Up 4

I0Q3KPD.gif

So I found a mock up on Reddit today.

That would be pretty cool if it actually worked like that to be honest. Especially if you have some game features like managing inventories or displaying special information.

My only concern is wireless + built in touchscreen + light = not so great battery life.

• Thumbs Up 2

Another one has hit the net.

PS4 controller: New 'leaked image' appears online
Plus CVG development sources confirm key features
image_297662.jpg
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/391667/ps4-controller-new-leaked-image-appears-online/

PS4: A deeper analysis of the controller prototype
Real details shared by developers with access to development kits
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/391617/features/ps4-a-deeper-analysis-of-the-controller-prototype/

Touch screen controller... Price tag of fifty billion quid confirmed!

But seriously, this is going to cost a lot more than £50 isn't it?

All press sources, incuding CVG's in the linked articles, claim it's just a touch pad, like the PS3's bluetooth keypad and like on the back of the PS Vita. It's not a touch screen.

I''d like to say it won't, because it doesn't have a massive 6-inch screen. It appears to be a DS3, but with some touch panels and a small screen. It should cost in the region of £30-40, but I'm guessing they'll try extracting a bit more profit out of it.

I''d like to say it won't, because it doesn't have a massive 6-inch screen. It appears to be a DS3, but with some touch panels and a small screen. It should cost in the region of £30-40, but I'm guessing they'll try extracting a bit more profit out of it.

The PS3 Dualshock controller is still being sold at about £39.99, so I would say in the region of £49.99 to £54.99 for the PS4 controller.  

Edited by -Bender-

The PS3 Dualshock controller is still being sold at about £39.99, so I would say in the region of £49.99 to £54.99 for the PS4 controller.  

Like I said, it should cost £30-40, but it probably won't.

Even if it is expensive, it's rare that you'll ever need to buy more than two extra controllers. It's annoying, sure, but I fail to see how it's too big a deal, honestly. I highly doubt it'll be over $70 anyway.

So it's yet another crappy dualshock with a small touch pad. Whoopdie-fucking-doo! That's not exactly impressive.

• Thumbs Up 1

So it's yet another crappy dualshock with a small touch pad. Whoopdie-fucking-doo! That's not exactly impressive.

rolleyes.gif

I see nothing wrong with it. Maybe the position of the analogue sticks will be a point of contention, but otherwise its as functional as ever.

• Thumbs Up 2

I still don't get the problem with the analogue sticks positioning on the Dualshock controller, and I wish someone would explain it to me with something beyond "It's terrible"

• Thumbs Up 1

We have a new rumor. The PS4 will play PS3 games... .. .. but not in a way which will make you happy... sorta.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the PS4 will be able to play PS4 games via online streaming. So you don't download the games, but you stream them from the server to your system.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323478004578306663577439962.html

I still don't get the problem with the analogue sticks positioning on the Dualshock controller, and I wish someone would explain it to me with something beyond "It's terrible"

WELL IT'S BECAUSE.... ... .. ... .. .. .. Urm....

It also has a speaker (which could double as a mic) and what looks to be a Move tracker thing on the top. It's also said to have rumble and motion controls like the DualShock 3 and a rear touch pad. There's a jack on the bottom, too. 

I've also never had a problem with the position of the analogue sticks.

Because ergonomics are apparently objective. Same reason why if you say anything negative about how the Gamecube controller was designed you're stoned for it.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 4

Because ergonomics are apparently objective. Same reason why if you say anything negative about how the Gamecube controller was designed you're stoned for it.

That's a different matter entirely since the Gamecube controller pretty much is perfect.

except the fucking triggers and the z button

I'm also being facetious

Edited by Solkia-kun

Controller looks ok I guess, just looks like a standard Dualshock with a screen shoved on it. I'm glad they didn't change it tho because behind the gamecube, it's by far the most comfortable controller of the modern era.

Personally, my favourite controllers are, in order, Wii U, 360, Gamecube and N64. I loathe the Dualshock's ergonomics and stick positioning.

• Thumbs Up 2

We have a new rumor. The PS4 will play PS3 games... .. .. but not in a way which will make you happy... sorta.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the PS4 will be able to play PS4 games via online streaming. So you don't download the games, but you stream them from the server to your system.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323478004578306663577439962.html

Oh great. Now I have to buy my games again just to play them on PS4?

Pulling a PSP on me Sony.

I fucking hate the GameCube controller. It plays like ass on anything that isn't Sonic or first party Nintendo stuff like Smash Bros. The Nintendo 64 controller is one of if not the dumbest designs for a controller in existence. Are you kidding me?

The prototype controller looks kind of whack but the core of it is still DualShock, so I'm satisfied.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 2