Awoo.

Disney's "Frozen"

Match

So....Let me get this straight.....In this show every fairy tale character is an even more advanced prototype of the T-1000. Did I get it right?

Elsa was trapped inside a vase in Rumplestiltskin's prison in the Enchanted Forest, she was brought back via time travel, now she's free... and angry. Oh my, the last episode was a bag of fanservice from the '80s movies.

I also thought about Chaos when seeing liquid-Elsa.

Can anyone like frozen!? I find it wacko.png and the characters were really unsure.png. My opinion.

Can anyone like frozen!? I find it wacko.png and the characters were really unsure.png. My opinion.

I mean, I really like it happy.png.

So, here's a version of Life's Too Short with the actual voice actresses, and I have to say, this makes me wish even more that they had kept this song.

Hm. Interesting alternate scene. I prefer this song over what we got, but the "shutting your family out is harmful for them too" symbolism is imo better executed in First Time Forever reprise.

As much as I like the song I'm glad it was cut, it wasn't right for Anna's character. She's not the kind to act aggresive towards her sister, she's always optimistic for her.

I personally find it unintentionally funny how the song's upbeat tone clashes with basically the sisters yelling at each other in the end.

They also mentioned that 'prophecy' thing that was also cut from being a plot-point in the film, which may have been another reason why this song isn't in the final.

I still think the part where Anna tries to get Elsa to put the glove back on gives out the wrong message of what Anna is wanting in this situation. To me it says that Anna's scared of her own sister and her power (which she obviously shouldn't be) rather than wanting to fix their relationship and have each other in their lives again. Also not too keen on Elsa's reaction to finding out she froze the entire kingdom. It's just a simple, unconcerned "Oh..." when in the film, she was mortified about it because it solidified to her that despite all the power she can unleash by finally being alone, she still can't control it as it grows and undo any harm or damage it does to others. Reinforcing that fear in her mind that has haunted her whole life just after she feels complete and in control of her new life. Here, it's just glanced over just so we can get to that conflict between the two.

I've seen that before, and as much as I enjoyed the song/scene, I'm glad it was cut. It made them both seem very bratty and made Elsa seem very immature. Olaf's dancing was hilarious, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

I feel like a few lyrical changes could have fixed some of the characterization issues. The prophecy bit would be easiest to remove. As for the glove angle... yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of it, either, but the tune is just so great that I hope they find a way to use it in the Broadway version.

Finally, I can post my opinion of this movie; and my overall verdict of Frozen is

1e8294917bcfa0c613d2dd6a6a0a422ff229e1ed

Wasn't really anything spectacular, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

• Thumbs Up 1

This has been circulating on tumblr for a few days, spoilered for heavy images and no actual spoilers:

tumblr_n45tqlkspt1twxecto1_r2_400.gif

tumblr_inline_n4fu287K2T1qkqc3h.gif

tumblr_n59tfz78QD1s810zxo1_400.gif

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

I saw that one yesterday, I think. It's nothing special until the last gif.

Frozen has now passed Iron Man 3 to become to fifth-highest grossing film of all time, and the highest grossing film of 2013.

It's also set to pass Spirited Away to become to highest grossing film in Japan, it's been at #1 in the box office charts there for ten weeks. So far Frozen's grossed $193,700,000 in Japan, while Spirited Away has made $229,607,878 there. The money train for Frozen's chuggin', and there's no sign of it stopping. It's insane how much staying power this movie has.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh...I've been waiting for it to pass Iron Man 3. Yes...yes....YESSSSSSSSSSS!

giphy.gif

Oh...I've been waiting for it to pass Iron Man 3. Yes...yes....YESSSSSSSSSSS!

giphy.gif

I feel this GIF is far more appropriate.

Gu99cnH.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

You're both wrong, it's this one:

double-facepalm-o.gif

The only time I'd use that gif is if I was replying to you or any other Frozen haters :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Aww...what's wrong guys? You have a problem with a wittle, animated princess movie beating some typical, special effect showing super hero flick? 

The cost of movie tickets along with 3D prices certainly helps. When adjusted for inflation it doesn't even come close.

That's the same thing with all the other movies in the top five...except for maybe Titanic.

Okay Disney Dork calm down.

This isn't life or death holy christ.

Aww...what's wrong guys? You have a problem with a wittle, animated princess movie beating some typical, special effect showing super hero flick? 

Uh...I'm not trying to say Iron Man 3 exactly broke new ground, but....Neither did Frozen. Hell, Frozen felt far more "typical" to me.

You could honestly throw the word "typical" at both of these movies, but you don't need to be condecending about it. :U 

• Thumbs Up 1

Please. How many super hero movies have there been? Ones that rely on nothing but special effects and big names? 

And how many beautifully animated musicals about the love and importance of family have there been?

All of you guys hating on Frozen...I think you need to just...

Let it go.