Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

jennytablina

Pretty sure that just means they're thinking about it/making plans. It's not a confirmation

Yea. Which kinda means ideas are in development for a sequel pretty much. 

Yea. Which kinda means ideas are in development for a sequel pretty much. 

They could just as easily change their minds. Until I hear it form the horse's mouth, I'm not taking this as anything but a rumor.

• 2 months later...

WHOO, GO, BUMPIN' GOOD!

You know, is it only me who noticed a rather big contradiction in the movie's plot?

If Vanellope is supposed to be ruler, there's a question that need to be answered. Why didn't anyone, especially Litwak, notice that Vanellope never appeared? I mean, there's both the fact that it's an export game, so people might not know much about it, and the random roster, but she's got to appear ONCE, right?

Also, is King Candy even supposed to be a character in the normal game? I'd have expected Litwak to notice this.

Besides, since it implies that each cabinet is a variation of the same world - resulting in having able to have 2 Sonics running around, maybe even of different generations - I'd think Litwak would notice the differences, especially if he had - like the arcades I know - multiple cabinets of the same game. That, and it implies that although Ralph's problem was solved, there might be still tons of persecuted Ralphs, so not all is well.

I might be wrong or inaccurate - sorry, it's been a while, and I might have forgotten some things about the movie, but yeah, what are your thoughts about these?

I think that the movie takes place in that arcade only, not other ones, I think the arcade only has one of each game.

To be honest, does it even matter?

Like I've said, it implies that while this Ralph has his problem solved, there are many others mistreated the way Ralph was in the beginning.

Like I've said, it implies that while this Ralph has his problem solved, there are many others mistreated the way Ralph was in the beginning.

Not to mention that there are plenty of other Calhoun's that didn't get the happy ending that the Litwak Calhoun did. And what if there are other Turbo's causing trouble in other arcade's?

Guys, from what I got, Litwak Ralph is just one  of the many Ralphs in the whole world of cabinet arcade gaming. The characters they portray are a different thing from who they actually are. At least, this explains why Bison is not going on a killing spree inside the arcade in search of the Satsui no Hado. Litwak Ralph is the one going through a mid-life crisis. Litwak Turbo is a psycopath. But from what we know, there could be other arcades where a Ralph is  truly enjoying his work as a wrecker, and where a Turbo is still the hero of his own game. Remember, the Sonic we're seeing in the movie is not the real deal, just a videogame character who happens to resemble him in a videogame of the franchise.

Guys, from what I got, Litwak Ralph is just one  of the many Ralphs in the whole world of cabinet arcade gaming. The characters they portray are a different thing from who they actually are. At least, this explains why Bison is not going on a killing spree inside the arcade in search of the Satsui no Hado. Litwak Ralph is the one going through a mid-life crisis. Litwak Turbo is a psycopath. But from what we know, there could be other arcades where a Ralph is  truly enjoying his work as a wrecker, and where a Turbo is still the hero of his own game. Remember, the Sonic we're seeing in the movie is not the real deal, just a videogame character who happens to resemble him in a videogame of the franchise.

...Based on what you just said, why do I get the feeling Wreck-It Ralph 2 is going to end up focusing on one of those other Ralphs in a different arcade?

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile

WHOO, GO, BUMPIN' GOOD!

You know, is it only me who noticed a rather big contradiction in the movie's plot?

If Vanellope is supposed to be ruler, there's a question that need to be answered. Why didn't anyone, especially Litwak, notice that Vanellope never appeared? I mean, there's both the fact that it's an export game, so people might not know much about it, and the random roster, but she's got to appear ONCE, right?

Also, is King Candy even supposed to be a character in the normal game? I'd have expected Litwak to notice this.

Besides, since it implies that each cabinet is a variation of the same world - resulting in having able to have 2 Sonics running around, maybe even of different generations - I'd think Litwak would notice the differences, especially if he had - like the arcades I know - multiple cabinets of the same game. That, and it implies that although Ralph's problem was solved, there might be still tons of persecuted Ralphs, so not all is well.

I might be wrong or inaccurate - sorry, it's been a while, and I might have forgotten some things about the movie, but yeah, what are your thoughts about these?

You're forgetting that she would have appeared at least a few times before Turbo got into the game and erased everybody's memories. Litwak would have seen her in the game a few times probably, then she vanished for a while, then she came back...

• Thumbs Up 1

Not to mention that there are plenty of other Calhoun's that didn't get the happy ending that the Litwak Calhoun did. And what if there are other Turbo's causing trouble in other arcade's?

It won't be over... Until he never even existed in the first place.

Edited by Global Warming in Ice Cap

To be fair, such plot expansion also ruins all of the Toy Story films (Toy Story 2 even touched upon it for a callback joke). It's not really a plothole because the movie never alludes to it not being the case.

• Thumbs Up 3

It won't be over... Until he never even existed in the first place.

I'm not sure we can smother the son of a bitch in the cradle. It'd upset the ratings.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wreck-It Ralph's out on DVD/Bluray in the UK btw.

Extras are a little disapointing, brief making of, deleted scenes and fake game trailers.

Are there any more on the us version?

Extras are a little disapointing, brief making of, deleted scenes and fake game trailers.

Uh we get the "Bit By Bit: Creating the Worlds of Wreck-It Ralph", "Disney Intermission: The Gamer's Guide to Wreck-It Ralph (hosted by Chris Hardwick)", "Deleted and Alternate Scenes", and "Video Game Commercials"

So... a little more, but not much.

Uh we get the "Bit By Bit: Creating the Worlds of Wreck-It Ralph", "Disney Intermission: The Gamer's Guide to Wreck-It Ralph (hosted by Chris Hardwick)", "Deleted and Alternate Scenes", and "Video Game Commercials"

So... a little more, but not much.

Wow...guess I'll have to get the American Bluray then. Thank God for region free!

Wasn't there also a mockumentary very similar to The King of Kong?

Wasn't there also a mockumentary very similar to The King of Kong?

Yes there is a mockumentary:

Wreck-It Ralph presents "Garlan Hulse: Where Potential Lives"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXdTecBRYq4

Join Wreck-It Ralph director Rich Moore in this exposé about one time Fix-It Felix Jr. high score champion Garlan Hulse, his fall into obscurity, and his attempt to be on top again.

"Disney Intermission: The Gamer's Guide to Wreck-It Ralph (hosted by Chris Hardwick)",

That's the only thing we're missing then. Not worth importing, just for that, It'll be up on youtube anyway.

Thought there was more than that, was worried I'd made a mistake buying it here :P

As far as I can tell, the UK DVD has no extras whatsoever other than the Paperman short. :/ Can anyone else confirm this, or am I just being dumb/ looking in the wrong places for any extras?

Why did it come out so late in the UK. We've had it since like April. Seems kind of odd.

As far as I can tell, the UK DVD has no extras whatsoever other than the Paperman short. :/ Can anyone else confirm this, or am I just being dumb/ looking in the wrong places for any extras?

Yeah the DVD only has Paperman, if you want the extras you'll need the BD though frankly, I wouldn't really say they're worth it.

This is happening with DVD's in general but Disney one's especially, they're shipping DVDs with no extras to drive up sales of BDs, guess they're trying to force the BD format into becoming the standard for purchases.

Why did it come out so late in the UK. We've had it since like April. Seems kind of odd.

We only got the film in cinemas back in February, so it's already been less than four months from cinema release to DVD/ Blu-ray. Much quicker than that would be a bit crazy, really.

Yeah the DVD only has Paperman, if you want the extras you'll need the BD though frankly, I wouldn't really say they're worth it.

This is happening with DVD's in general but Disney one's especially, they're shipping DVDs with no extras to drive up sales of BDs, guess they're trying to force the BD format into becoming the standard for purchases.

Ugh. That really sucks. :/ Admittedly the extras aren't that big a deal, but it's still pretty annoying to be more or less unnecessarily given such a bare-bones version.

Ugh. That really sucks. :/ Admittedly the extras aren't that big a deal, but it's still pretty annoying to be more or less unnecessarily given such a bare-bones version.

I know, a lot of folk still don't have BD players or HD TVs so it's ashame for them.

I've also noticed it's becoming harder to get the DVD/BD double packs which is annoying because it means I can now only watch the films in my living room, only got a standard dvd player in my room #firstworldproblems

Animated films always come out here way later than the US.  Both with regards to their cinema release and their DVD/Blu-ray release.

Animated films always come out here way later than the US.  Both with regards to their cinema release and their DVD/Blu-ray release.

Madagascar 3 being a prime example of this.

I was so pissed it took a long time, then when I saw it, I realised it was rather crap.