Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

jennytablina

When Zombie goes "I can't do snacks next week", he calls him Robotnik.

Oh, is that amongst the general chatter as they all leave then?  Would make sense that I missed it if so.

When Zombie goes "I can't do snacks next week", he calls him Robotnik.

Oh. Is it Zombie the one who says that line in the English dub? In Italy I'm pretty sure it's Bison, go figure.

Oh. Is it Zombie the one who says that line in the English dub? In Italy I'm pretty sure it's Bison, go figure.

I think it is, or so people said it is, but whether it's not I don't know because it was Zombie who opened his mouth at the time so maybe that's why?

Either way, I can't find a clip so people'll just have to go and get it themselves to hear, I guess. Either way, it's a nice nod.

I don't really care about the cover, what really grinds my gears is how meh the bluray extras feel. the behind the scenes video mostly just talks about the animation, not one mention of the amazing voice cast or Henry Jackman's awesome music and the ""references guide" video is hosted by a painfully annoying guy.

I'm seriously considering getting it on DVD instead of Bluray, since HD visuals are not enough to persuade me to pay 30 € for a Bluray, with some exceptions like Life of Pi.

How do you make a mistake like THAT? O.O

Instead of rendering the entire cover in a single scene like someone who might care about the quality of their work, you just put it together out of generic promotional material like a teenager making a terrible parody comic.  

Edited by Phos

Went to see this on Saturday and was very impressed. A very well executed film that had me grinning like a nutter at certain parts. Congrats to Disney for pulling it off.

Finally just saw this at the cinema in 3D with a friend using Orange Wednesday. IT WAS EPIC! I loved all of the videogame and candy references. The story, the characters, the music, the artwork, it was all great. Very impressed. As a fellow big gamer, my friend said she enjoyed it, too, and we both think it turned out to be even better than we thought it would be. The short film Paperman before it was pretty good, too.

I might go see it again after half term is over, because we got off to a bad start during Paperman and the beginning of the film because of people turning up late trying to find their seats, plus all of the kids and teenagers' mobile phone lights and ringing sounds throughout the film. dry.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally just saw this at the cinema in 3D with a friend using Orange Wednesday. IT WAS EPIC! I loved all of the videogame and candy references. The story, the characters, the music, the artwork, it was all great. Very impressed. As a fellow big gamer, my friend said she enjoyed it, too, and we both think it turned out to be even better than we thought it would be. The short film Paperman before it was pretty good, too.

I might go see it again after half term is over, because we got off to a bad start during Paperman and the beginning of the film because of people turning up late trying to find their seats, plus all of the kids and teenagers' mobile phone lights and ringing sounds throughout the film. dry.png

Oh GOD, people like that piss me off. Especially because right before the movie, there's a message that clearly tells you to shut your damn phone off.

• Thumbs Up 7

Seen it twice now, loved it so much, might even take the place as my favourite film.

The only criticism I have of the film is

Vannellope being the princess feels a bit forced (though that does explain why Turbo targeted her), especially when she magically gains a dress after finishing the race and I don't really think the Turbo/Cy-bug hybrid was needed at all as the Cy-Bugs were a big enough threat on their own.

But yeah, amazing film.

...Because we're a Sonic forum I did notice where they could have put an extra Sonic nod that would have been perfect, Vanellope says something like 'Coin? Medal? What's the difference?', would have been perfect if she had said 'Coin? Ring? Medal?' instead... Just sayin'

Some of my thoughts on the film.

I loved it. However like it has been mentioned people were on their phones, and it really winds me up!

I thought that Turbo was a great villain! Also, when Ralph sung the bad-guy song when he fell towards the volcano it was really sad.

Plus, I loved the way the film made you forget the alien thing problem and then when the alien invasion started in Sugar Rush it made you go "woah!"

Because...

zpjsRhr.jpg

1VVIAMA.jpg

emrTStD.jpg

NaWFTm2.jpg

Wow! That's awesome! Someone actually made a live action Paperman? Where can i see it?

Edited by pppp

The only criticism I have of the film is

Vannellope being the princess feels a bit forced (though that does explain why Turbo targeted her), especially when she magically gains a dress after finishing the race and I don't really think the Turbo/Cy-bug hybrid was needed at all as the Cy-Bugs were a big enough threat on their own.

I think...

The Turbo/Cy-bug was necessary to give Ralph a final showdown that had comparable strength to himself.  This could have just been a Cy-bug but the Cy-bugs were basically plot devices, not actual characters.  The final showdown would have had no heart if Ralph was just fighting "a cy-bug".

• Thumbs Up 6

some people did some cos-playing dude, its not a full video

Oh crap, that looks awesome, it's a shame.

Also:

Come on guys, we can't have a movie like this without a final boss fight

cool.png

I think...

The Turbo/Cy-bug was necessary to give Ralph a final showdown that had comparable strength to himself.  This could have just been a Cy-bug but the Cy-bugs were basically plot devices, not actual characters.  The final showdown would have had no heart if Ralph was just fighting "a cy-bug".

Plus, it would've been kinda lame for Turbo to just be gobbled up after the reveal and not remember the cybugs whole shtick of 'becoming what they eat' Calhoun brought up earlier in the film.

• Thumbs Up 1

^ Ahh of yeah, totally forgot about that. It's easy to miss though, they should have reinforced that point a bit more.

They did, a few times by that point.  First with Calhoun's "tragic backstory" where she is visibly shedding tears as she guns down the cybug during her wedding, implying that she now had to kill Brad, then with the original cybug eating the cake that made up the cliff (and turning pink), and finally with Sugar Rush Showdown where they ate the candy and were powered up.

They did, a few times by that point.  First with Calhoun's "tragic backstory" where she is visibly shedding tears as she guns down the cybug during her wedding, implying that she now had to kill Brad, then with the original cybug eating the cake that made up the cliff (and turning pink), and finally with Sugar Rush Showdown where they ate the candy and were powered up.

Ouch. Stitch did not think of it that way. Ika-patooki cy-bugs!

Edited by Stitch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Got an e-mail from Odeon cinemas advertising the movie. In the 'Film Fan Trivia' part of the e-mail it says this:

In 'Wreck-It Ralph' several green mints in the "Sugar Rush" game form two hidden Mickeys.

Hang on

So I know that the Cybugs are a plague and aren't really game programming according to Calhoun since they need to launch the "beacon" when a game over commences to purge them, but I remember Sonic saying that if someone dies in THEIR own game they'll regenerate...Is this different for Hero's Duty? When a soldier dies in game, do they not regenerate?

Hang on

So I know that the Cybugs are a plague and aren't really game programming according to Calhoun since they need to launch the "beacon" when a game over commences to purge them, but I remember Sonic saying that if someone dies in THEIR own game they'll regenerate...Is this different for Hero's Duty? When a soldier dies in game, do they not regenerate?

The soldier regenerates but the bugs don't, instead new bugs are made for every game. The soldiers obey the same rules.

Anyway, took my fiancee's little sister to see it today and....um....she didn't laugh much.....

She liked the film and liked all the candyland stuff but i think most of the film kinda went over her head.

Also, watching it again, while it's still heavily rooted in Sugar Rush I still think there's enough game references to keep it rooted in the game world. I don't think you'd ever forget or anything....

Edited by Jake Bird

Ahh so I guess Felix and Ralph would have hanged out/traveled together during the course of the film before that was scrapped and it was made into just Ralph and Vaneloppe.

Ahaha. That's really a good scene even though there's no way it would have worked in the final movie. If there's one thing I wish WIR had more of, it'd be more interaction between Ralph and Felix. That deleted scene is pretty much what I'd expect them to be like had they gotten to know each other more and become closer buddies as the story progressed, so it's cool to see more of that relationship in some form.

• Thumbs Up 3