Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Compare Sonic 4 I and II to other downloadable games such as Limbo, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, MegaMan 9, WipEout HD/Fury, Journey, Fez, and it pales in comparision both in quality and quantity.

Can't argue about that. At this point I just wish Sonic Team handled all game development...or at least make a contract with someone else.

Either way the game gonna be a large success....whether the fans like it or not.

Edited by Double

Compare Sonic 4 I and II to other downloadable games such as Limbo, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, MegaMan 9, WipEout HD/Fury, Journey, Fez, and it pales in comparision both in quality and quantity.

Rayman Origins was originally a download title. While we can't speak about much since we didn't a lot of it at that stage, we saw the visuals. They're some serious production values right there. S4 has none of that.

• Thumbs Up 5

If Episode III is truly coming, and its the promised conclusion, they should release Episodes 1-3+Metal as a disc release AND release part three digitally. Collectors, slaves to Sonic Team and those new to Sonic 4 can buy the disc release and those who want to spend the bare minimum can download episode III. The disc version could promise a seamless menu and more special additions in an attempt to rope in more buyers.

• Thumbs Up 6

If Episode III is truly coming, and its the promised conclusion, they should release Episodes 1-3+Metal as a disc release AND release part three digitally. Collectors, slaves to Sonic Team and those new to Sonic 4 can buy the disc release and those who want to spend the bare minimum can download episode III. The disc version could promise a seamless menu and more special additions in an attempt to rope in more buyers.

• Thumbs Up 6

I could see 360 and Wii U doing a compilation disc. PS3, probably not given how I've never seen them release PSN titles on disc like MS does. Wii U because it would be better than rereleasing Episode 1 on whatever service they have planned.

I'd only be cool with this if it brought all the Episodes up to the same standard visually, audibly and gameplay-wise.

... I'll never be cool with that, will I?

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd only be cool with this if it brought all the Episodes up to the same standard visually, audibly and gameplay-wise.

... I'll never be cool with that, will I?

• Thumbs Up 1

I could see 360 and Wii U doing a compilation disc. PS3, probably not given how I've never seen them release PSN titles on disc like MS does. Wii U because it would be better than rereleasing Episode 1 on whatever service they have planned.

Sonic is SEGA, not Sony.

Though WipEout HD and Fury made it to retail. Also Ratchet & Clank quest for Booty, Siren Blood Curse, PAIN.

They also compiled some PSP-network games to UMD.

But then again

Well, duh... Obvious bet is obvious: It WILL be an Episode 3, and it WILL conclude the Sonic 4 saga.

Now, who will make it? Dimps, Sonic Team, Taxman?

Edited by Jango

Well, duh... Obvious bet is obvious: It WILL be an Episode 3, and it WILL conclude the Sonic 4 saga.

Now, who will make it? Dimps, Sonic Team, Taxman?

Sonic 2 HD team?

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic 2 HD team?

Doubt, really doubt. But Taxman is a big bet, especially because Sonic CD is still selling itself, at least on PSN (it made the 11th place in April with big games like I Am Alive, Journey and SkullGirls).

But c'mon, let's face that Dimps will get another Continue and Try Again.

Edited by Jango

That trailer really confirms nothing guys. It's basically saying "this is the end of the S4 saga".

I'm full-sure SEGA had a longer S4 planned out originally, and it's likely they're still planning to continue it depending on how E2 is received and how it sells. But that trailer is really saying it will be concluded on May 15th/16th/17th.

Edited by Blue Blood

That trailer really confirms nothing guys. It's basically saying "this is the end of the S4 saga".

I'm full-sure SEGA had a longer S4 planned out originally, and it's likely they're still planning to continue it depending on how E2 is received and how it sells. But that trailer is really saying it will be concluded on May 15th/16th/17th.

Yeah, but who know$? $EGA allway$ think on their fan$ fir$t.

Between, does the badnik Mantis have its texture fixed on the final version? I saw a video on Youtube (no, where more else?), and it's still shited! That bugs me, I'm perfectionist!

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 2

Taxman really does not deal with shitty downloadable titles

fix'd

So for those who have the final version and Beta, anything different between the two?

Yeah, but who know$? $EGA allway$ think on their fan$ fir$t.

If they always think of their fans, then things would be a hell of alot different then they are now.

Edited by Mike Dawson

Did I make the right choice of skipping Episode II?

(I may get it in the future, price cut of course).

Taxman really does not deal with games like Sonic 4.

Yeah, I was kidding with the Sonic 2 HD team, and am certain Taxman would never be let near Sonic 4. For starters, his engine and Sonic 4 are incompatible. It's the difference between a 2D Genesis game and a fully 3D game. Also, Taxman didn't develop Sonic CD, he oversaw the port. I'm not sure what the guys talent is when it comes to level design, character design, etc.

Really, Dimps isn't gonna be shown the door any time soon I think. The only people calling for their departure are fans who frequent boards like this one. In the end, if the games sell well, Dimps will continue to get the work.

Did I make the right choice of skipping Episode II?

(I may get it in the future, price cut of course).

Unless you think the most generic, run-of-the-mill Sonic game ever made is worth your time and money (it isn't), then yes. You definitely made the right choice.

If you have money for some downloadable games though, I'd wholeheartedly recommend Journey, Flower, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Persona 3 (PS2 game available on PSN for $10), Cavestory, and Castle Crashers. There are a few others too, but those are the ones that instantly come to mind. If you're curious, the difference between these games and Sonic 4 is the fact that these developers actually wanted their games to be as good as possible, whereas Sonic 4 deliberately limits itself and comes off as incredibly lazy/incompetent. In other words, these games are actually really great.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not one to get ahead of myself, but I'm pretty sure the "To be concluded" part wouldn't refer to this episode, otherwise it would make more sense to say "The end" or something. It's as Barry demonstrated with the end of the Sonic 4: Episode I launch trailer - an hint at the next Episode. They can still hint at the next episode and still say that they will see how sales go for this Episode before making more.

Taxman didn't develop Sonic CD, he oversaw the port. I'm not sure what the guys talent is when it comes to level design, character design, etc.

Just to throw this out there even though I'm not one to clamor for Taxman doing Sega's dirty work, but he did develop the Retro Sonic demo some years back which is some kind of indication on what he could do.

[media=]

• Thumbs Up 2