Awoo.

Game (UK Retailer) Discussion

Patticus

Aw c'mon GAME and Gamestation, survive for just four more days >.< I have a spare £5 so I'm going to check during my College lunch break.

But I get money on Friday, so I'll also be going up then, for game deals AND a mothers day present.

Note to everyone: With all these deals, hope you's haven't forgot about Mothers Day? :P

Note to everyone: With all these deals, hope you's haven't forgot about Mothers Day? tongue.png

I said I got Professor Layton and the Curious Village for my mum way back, so I'm already on the ball. :3

• Thumbs Up 1

Rhythm Paradise, £1.99

That's one of the best bargains I've heard of from this sale. You will not regret your purchase on that one!

Hey is it just my local stores... or has anyone else noticed that virtually none of the items like controllers, cables, and uiseful accessories (not talking about carry cases and extra stylus' have not been reduced in "the last hurrah?"

I've seen that there are quite a few Wii Nunchucks for only a fiver in my local store when my friend picked one up to go with the brand-new copy of Zelda he got for a measly £25! I bought it pre-owned and without the CD only a few days before for £20, so I'm heading back for an exchange!

On another note, when my friend bought Skyward Sword from Gamestation, they told him his Elite card had been disabled. He used to work there so he knows the guys, but they said all he could do was ring Customer Services. It sucks because he said he had about £7 to spend on there.

On another note, when my friend bought Skyward Sword from Gamestation, they told him his Elite card had been disabled. He used to work there so he knows the guys, but they said all he could do was ring Customer Services. It sucks because he said he had about £7 to spend on there.

HOLD THE PHONE.

That's what I was told when I asked the cashiers at my local Gamestation to check how much I had on it! I didn't think it was important when I checked last Saturday, but if it isn't an isolated case...

They surely can't just outright cancel peoples cards, can they? That's hardly fair, even if they are going under.

They obviously want every single little bit of cold hard cash they can get their bankrupt mitts on.

EDIT: Just cancelled my Tetris 3DS order and placed it again, this time using the £4.85 I had on my Elite card. I'm pretty sure if you've got it linked to an online account (if you have one) it should still work. I've not checked mine in-store yet.

Edited by Swiss

Thank God I spend that £22 then on my Elite Card, sucks about your firend Swiss, I would of complained or least ask for a reason why they have canceled his card? unsure.png

Yeah, they said there was nothing they could do in-store unfortunately. It could just be a huge coincidence, since I can still use mine online but to anyone who's had it happen to them, I say link it to your online account (even if you have to create one). If it doesn't work online either then you should contact Customer Services about getting your points back.

OpCapita offering to buy game?

http://www.shoptonews.net/2012/03/14/opcapita-offering-to-buy-out-game/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

These guys are behind Comet, for those not clicking the link for whatever reason XD

I'm not sure what to think with this, as I've mentioned elsewhere that I went to Comet the other week and they had completely removed their game section - so whether this could have been seen as a good thing or not...

Went today with a spare £5...

got myself Child of Eden and another copy of Metroid Prime: Hunters (since I LOVED that game and mines got stolen ages ago :/ )

Can anyone tell me if Child of Eden is good? not gonna play it yet, but got it for the kinect support :D

^Yup, I have Child of Eden, and love it. It takes a little getting used to the controls, but when you get over that, it's really quite good

It looks like WalMart(ASDA) have already gotten their bid in for GAME as well, looks like Gamestop are waiting for GAME to be cheaper, rather than getting a bid in now

http://www.edge-onli...game-group-bids

Also, SEGA are backing out on stock as well

http://www.shoptonews.net/2012/03/14/yakuza-dead-souls-to-skip-game/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by Bisylizzie
  • Thumbs Up 1

Glad to hear in regards of Child of Eden. I managed to get it for £2 with some Gamestation reward points, so when I get a chance, I'll give it a go.

Although I got mine on PS3 and I refuse to buy a Move for it. :|

I---don't see the point of people giving updates about them not stocking any new games. We all know already GAME is down under. Of course they cannot get the new games.

I---don't see the point of people giving updates about them not stocking any new games. We all know already GAME is down under. Of course they cannot get the new games.

Because if you have somethng pre-ordered with them you might want to be told they won't have it?

• Thumbs Up 2

Because if you have somethng pre-ordered with them you might want to be told they won't have it?

Why would you pre-order with GAME if they are going down under? If you have pre-ordered any game with them, then you should cancel it now. Because what are the chances of them stocking the games.

Because people might have pre-ordered a game way back when, that GAME might have had a chance of getting in. I don't think GAME want to be shouting out to the world that they're totally going down the drain, because that'll just serve to scare people away further (with exception to people picking up cheap games).

And they're not getting Kid Icarus either? Doesn't surprise me, but in between being torn between getting it and not, I was kind of hoping to trade some stuff in to get it if I did.

Edited by Katzii

Because people might have pre-ordered a game way back when, that GAME might have had a chance of getting in. I don't think GAME want to be shouting out to the world that they're totally going down the drain, because that'll just serve to scare people away further (with exception to people picking up cheap games).

And they're not getting Kid Icarus either? Doesn't surprise me, but in between being torn between getting it and not, I was kind of hoping to trade some stuff in to get it if I did.

I am talking about the updates here, not everywhere else. We *all* know GAME is down under.

I think if anybody's put money down on a game, they won't be able to just walk in-store and say "oh, I hear you might be closing down, can I have my money back?". They'll only give your deposit back if they won't be providing the service you paid for, as far as I know.

Why would you pre-order with GAME if they are going down under? If you have pre-ordered any game with them, then you should cancel it now. Because what are the chances of them stocking the games.

Because they wern't going under pre-February?

Also Sega were also saying a few weeks ago that you could get Yakuza Dead Souls with the pre-order bonus at game not very long ago? So it stands to reason that they were to get it at that time?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think if anybody's put money down on a game, they won't be able to just walk in-store and say "oh, I hear you might be closing down, can I have my money back?". They'll only give your deposit back if they won't be providing the service you paid for, as far as I know.

That's fair enough then. Still, there's no major rush to cancel pre-orders. they might (however highly unlikely it's looking) pull through yet!

I am talking about the updates here, not everywhere else. We *all* know GAME is down under.

What Hogfather said (albeit much more eloquently and concisely than I did).

Is this a stupid idea?

* Walks into GAME

* Sees a system which he doesn't own, buys loads of games for it that are under £5...

* Eventually buys system the he doesn't own either a few months/years later... has a ton of games to play on it.

Is that a stupid idea or a good one? Only reason why I ask is that if anyone was thinking or ever fancied trying out a PSP or some other system they don't own, this would be a good chance to stock up on games for it.

I don't see how it's a stupid idea...even IF you don't get the console for them in the end. Because you can sell them for a higher price right?