Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

Toonami was awesome back in the day. It had some great animes through out it's lifetime such as Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Big O, and my favorite anime Tenchi Muyo.

I was sad to see Toonami go but the weekend Toonami was a shadow of it's former glory.

Since we're posting Toonami promos, one just can't leave this one out:

At first, I only used to watch Dragon Ball occasionally, but the moment the King Piccolo saga aired, I was hooked. Every day I came home from school, I would patiently (or impatiently) wait 6:30 for the show to come on, and it was well worth it. Although, a few months later, it started airing at 5:30 instead, which was pretty convenient for me. Everytime I watch this clip, it always brings back a lot of memories. It's a major blast to the past.

• 1 month later...

Wasn't Code Lyoko part of Toonami?

No, I think it was part of a block called Miguzi.

Edited by AdventChild

Didn't Toonami get mutalited more into a Cartoon Network channel? Especially in the UK? I remember when it started out in the UK it used to show movies like Shaft for some reason, I never got a chance to watch it much and I am not American so I can't say I grew attached to channel as you guys did. sad.png

We had this for only I year it was quite good: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNX

Edited by BW199148

Even though I only remember Tom, and that crappy replacement, I never watched it (Unless Justice League was on!)

Although, I would like to see Tom again.

TOM was one of Steven Jay Blum's best roles, hands down.

But then again, Blum is a legend anyways, so pretty much anything he voices turns to gold.

Why would the voice of Brak from Space Ghost Coast to Cast have anything to do with a Toonami revival? lol Cartoon Network is turning 20 this year, so it may be something related to that.

Apparently, Steve Blum said something about Toonami stuff in the future on this site's latest podcast, but I didn't actually see it. FINGERS CROOOOSSSED !

• 3 weeks later...

The timing is TOO damn convenient here for Toonami to be back on air...and with the one before Tom 4 to boot.

As soon as I saw all your status updates, I rushed downstairs and turned on AS.

Ahaha Holy shit, this has to be the best of Adult Swim's April Fool's Pranks. I especially like how they changed the lineup so it said that Gundam Wing and DBZ were after Bleach.

Now I'm going to cry myself to sleep after having my heart twisted by the lovely people at AS.

Edited by gunthər

Oh my god! They're actually airing DBZ with the Toonami promos! This is the best April Fools Adult Swim ever!

You know what would be incredibly hilarious? If this wasn't an April Fools joke and they did this every saturday.

Its sad because we know they won't.

• Thumbs Up 3

I wouldn't put it past Adult Swim to pull something like that off starting with this weekend, though.

DBZ... is actually airing? Holy shit. Could this mean that Gundam Wing and other shows will air too?

Holy fuck, I am recording every show that is airing tonight.

EDIT: OSHIT TENCHI IS ON IN AN HOUR

Edited by gunthər

TENCHI FUCKING MUYO! After FUCKING GUUNDAM!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAA

<.<

>.>

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

*Spartan Laser'd by all of SSMB* - SHUUDAP!

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 2

You know what would be incredibly hilarious? If this wasn't an April Fools joke and they did this every saturday.

This also makes me realize

that the cartoon planet thing from last night, was probably an early april fool's trick.

But damn it I don't care, I'm watching Dragon Ball Z on my tv for the first time in over 8 years.

And Gundam and Tenchi coming up later? Ifucking love you right now Adult Swim.

Now this is how the end of the world SHOULD be like on 2012, watching old shows on Toonami...

• Thumbs Up 2

I will fucking be in heaven if this is legitimate.

Cartoon Planet Friday then Toonami on Saturday?

Just.....magnificent.

• Thumbs Up 4

MOTHERFUCKING TENCHI?!

God damn it Adult Swim. This is the best one you've done since you ran that one dub of GitS with fart sounds.

• Thumbs Up 3