Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I think you mean Gurren Lagann is the successor for Getter Robo, not the reverse :V

Oh, right. My bad, I forgot how to English.  :P

Chobits is a lot less... trashy? than I thought it would be. Then again, I'm coming off High School of the Dead, so...

Chobits is actually really badly written. Aside from Tsubasa it's like one of CLAMP's most utterly pretentious works

Great music tho. Aside from the great OP and ED, this is one of my favorite anime-related songs (not that it's ever used in the show proper):

I remember Chobits was the very first manga I read. Back then I didn´t know how to read manga so I always started from the end of the story lol

Chobits is actually really badly written. Aside from Tsubasa it's like one of CLAMP's most utterly pretentious works

Great music tho. Aside from the great OP and ED, this is one of my favorite anime-related songs (not that it's ever used in the show proper):

Seems okay so far. (besides Hideki ogling a high school girl multiple times like what even why is that a thing)

Actually considering the premise it could've easily been a lot worse.

I'll take Angelic Layer over Chobits any day. And I agree with Sean, Tsubasa was trying to be bigger than it actually is. I also think the crossovers were not handled well...

I really enjoyed Chobits... .__.

I thought it was a funny and sweet anime to watch which didn't go overboard on the ecchi like most anime (looking at YOU High School Girls >__>) and Chi and her sister are super cute. There's some gorgeous artwork out there by CLAMP of Chi and whenever I see it I just melt. <3 I've heard that the manga ends differently from the anime though. I wouldn't know since I've only read up to the halfway point of the manga, but yah.

This has been nagging at me for a few days, so I've just gotta vent a bit.

So one of my favorite manga of late is getting an anime. Great, right? But they recently put out the first piece of art for it, and the character designs are...

tumblr_nlqizebMXA1sxrn8co1_540.png

Nnnnnope.

And I know a lot of series have a shift in the art style between manga and anime, and I know it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be bad, but...it just looks so generic, it doesn't have any of the unique charm of the manga's art. And a lot of the fun of the manga's art is in the expressions, and the anime designs are really not giving me confidence they'll push them to the same level.

I'll still end up watching it, because I'm basically addicted, but man, this is not the kind of first impression I was hoping for.

I thought it was a funny and sweet anime to watch which didn't go overboard on the ecchi like most anime (looking at YOU High School Girls >__>) and Chi and her sister are super cute. There's some gorgeous artwork out there by CLAMP of Chi and whenever I see it I just melt. <3 I've heard that the manga ends differently from the anime though. I wouldn't know since I've only read up to the halfway point of the manga, but yah.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed Chobits! I especially loved the opening music and I thought the story was very sweet. While I haven't read the manga, I have heard that the anime was more watered down compared to the manga version.

This has been nagging at me for a few days, so I've just gotta vent a bit.

So one of my favorite manga of late is getting an anime. Great, right? But they recently put out the first piece of art for it, and the character designs are...

tumblr_nlqizebMXA1sxrn8co1_540.png

Nnnnnope.

And I know a lot of series have a shift in the art style between manga and anime, and I know it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be bad, but...it just looks so generic, it doesn't have any of the unique charm of the manga's art. And a lot of the fun of the manga's art is in the expressions, and the anime designs are really not giving me confidence they'll push them to the same level.

I'll still end up watching it, because I'm basically addicted, but man, this is not the kind of first impression I was hoping for.

Well...At least it looks decent, I was hoping the team that animated Soul Eater would of took on this manga though since they draw a lot of similar artistic cues, especially in the expressions department.

Be thankful you didn't go from this

kill-la-kill-ryuuko.jpg

To this 

killlakillmangavol1.jpg

God damn the manga art style is fucking awful...

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed Chobits! I especially loved the opening music and I thought the story was very sweet. While I haven't read the manga, I have heard that the anime was more watered down compared to the manga version.

I think "diluted" is a slightly more favorable description. Compared to how lightly the anime tackles the subject matter, the manga is filled with self-important but ultimately shallow symbolism, magic-but-not-really-magic that diverts what the story was trying to set itself up for in the first half, and a message that comes off as preachy and judgmental, while not making a whole lot of sense either. It also had an ending that satisfied absolutely no one.

If you like Chobits then stick with the anime if you know what's good for you. I still wouldn't consider it to be a great show, but at least the writers had the good will of jumping ship before things got fucking bonkers. I can see why people would like the anime, I guess, but the manga is positively unsalvagable.

It's awful that's what it is.

How do anatomy..?

Best thing? Starting from October 2015, the manga will reach our shores.

The anime? Nowhere to be seen.

I'm kinda pissed.

I managed to catch the first two episodes of Yuri Bear Storm.

It's... I'm not sure what to make of it beyond it apparently being a criticism of how Japan views lesbians. Besides that, it's very weird and rather confusing.

...shabadadoo.

I managed to catch the first two episodes of Yuri Bear Storm.

It's... I'm not sure what to make of it beyond it apparently being a criticism of how Japan views lesbians. Besides that, it's very weird and rather confusing.

...shabadadoo.

First three episodes are repetitive but it gets so much better it´s still veird. The story starts to kick in from episode 4 so no worries

I agree, the manga ending is written in a way that forces Hideki to realize that romantic relationships can exist without sex in some cases. I will note that Chii never remembers her life with her real parents/creators. :(

Aww man, that's sad. I won't bother reading the rest of the manga then if the ending really is that bad lol. The Chobits anime is where it's at. XD

dat KLK manga tho. Can you say...

Moe-Moe-Kyun.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Large image

Matantei.Loki%3A.RAGNAROK.full.41698.jpg

Has anyone watched or read Mythical Detective Loki?

If not, as the title implies, the Norse god of mischief and lies has come to our world as a detective. Some of the gods and monsters also appear (some with bad changes and some that make sense). His three monster children, Fenrir the wolf, Jormungandr/Midgardsormr the world serpent and Hel the half-rotting goddess of death and disease all appear at some point or another. If you'd like to see Loki portrayed in more shades of gray instead of evil, it might be fun. Unfortunately for some, only one chapter of the manga carried over to the anime. If you remember Verdandi/Belldandy in Ah! My Goddess, I can assure you that she is comically insane in the manga, as she is a mad scientist.

Best thing? Starting from October 2015, the manga will reach our shores.

The anime? Nowhere to be seen.

I'm kinda pissed.

You mean a klk dub in your language right? Because it's got several licenses besides Aniplex, I'm picking up "all the Anime" versions, there's 3 volumes to get with their own collector's boxes and they have like 9-10 episodes each as opposed to Aniplex 4 episode per volume. This also comes with the English dub and Japanese original with subtitles.

I know it's got an Australian and German release too, not sure about Italian.

Is there any new animes that any of you guys can recommend me to watch? Because once I'm done with a couple ones I'm still watching, I want to add some new ones to my list to watch.

You mean a klk dub in your language right? Because it's got several licenses besides Aniplex, I'm picking up "all the Anime" versions, there's 3 volumes to get with their own collector's boxes and they have like 9-10 episodes each as opposed to Aniplex 4 episode per volume. This also comes with the English dub and Japanese original with subtitles.

I know it's got an Australian and German release too, not sure about Italian.

Yup, I meant an Italian dub. I was one of those guys following the anime as it aired thanks to Daisuki, but subs don't really do it for me. Such a shame, I recently re-watched the anime thanks to the English dub, and I'd love to re-watch it again in Italian.

I don't think the version you just mentioned will reach my country. We're...well...the average Italian speaks a very, very, very, very poor English. Thankfully, that's not always the case.

Doesn't stop you from importing it though, Amazon is one of it's main vendors for the dub.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there any new animes that any of you guys can recommend me to watch? Because once I'm done with a couple ones I'm still watching, I want to add some new ones to my list to watch.

Well Winter is coming to an end, so it's time to consult...."The Chart"

8720c7c9128e.jpg

Lesse, I likes me sum Unlimited Blade Works obviously

Hmm... does anyone know any lesser known shows that have been licensed in North America that I might enjoy?