Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

So I finally decided to start reading Koe no Katachi, I'm only on chapter 18 but I can already see this becoming one hell of a feel's trip.

Also finally got a chance to watch the final episode of Nanana's Buried Treasure. What happened to this series? It started off so promising and had such an interesting set up. Even after all these random character twists I tolerated it but seriously?! 

After all the build up with Hiiyo and that is how they end it? Tensai just talking him down with a bluff and everything going back to square one with NOTHING being accomplished on finding Nanana's killer? THE MAIN PLOT LINE FOR THE ENTIRE SERIES?! 

850px-Rage_table_flip.png

So, I heard about this series called The Big O, and its a noir-esque series with mechs and is heavily influenced by western animation, especially Batman: TAS in its art style and plot. I heard its great and was on Adult Swim, so it was dubbed. Was the dub any good?

I wanna watch something with insane murderer girls. Such as Mirai Nikki, Another, Elfen Lied and Higurashi. Where else can I find these good stuff?

Dragonball Z has Chichi, does that count?

Dragonball Z has Chichi, does that count?

Don't forget Launch from Dragon Ball.

I have not posted in this thread in a while even though it used to be my favorite thread on this forum. But regardless, I'll make a new post.

So the summer anime season has kicked off today (yay... and slight ugh for some shows). I decided to check out at least one new show and that one was Tokyo Ghoul. Starting off I'm greeted with a gruesome scene of a woman being splattered against a fish tank and then cannibalized by another woman (...hawt?). This woman is then attacked by another man who apparently wants her fingers for whatever reason (this making any logical sense yet? nope? didn't think so). Ok, so like afterwards the woman gets away and then we go into our opening credits, which I didn't watch because I rarely watch opening credits (sue me). Anyway, the next scene jumps to two guys (best buds no less) talking about where to take this girl for a good date, there's a lot of banter back and forth between them and then enters a cute girl which one of the guys (His name is Ken) likes. Somehow he manages to get this girl to go out with him on a little date to get something to eat, BUT HOLD UP! This girl isn't eating right (the fucks this bitches problem yo!?), anyway she makes up some stereotypical "I'm dieting" comment or some shit. Moving along, the date ends and she says she lives in the area where the gruesome murders are taking place and our genius protagonist is all "I'll walk you home" (could this be a set up?). So yea, they go down the road, and boom he gets bodied because that cute girl is a ghoul. She practically kills him but she is disposed of by falling debri from out of nowhere. 

So he survives and ends up in the hospital, only something is different, he can't eat normal food anymore. He goes through all kinds of food after he's released form the hospital and it all makes him sick to his stomach. He goes out after a few days and gets the strange craving for human flesh (kinky). Boy is this getting freakeeeehhhh (I apologize for that statement). After going out into the land of the living, he ends up breaking down from his cravings, runs home and notices one of his eyes is all fucked up and shit, like "HOLY SHIT MY FUCKING EYE IS BLACK AND RED AND ALL DEAD LOOKIN' N SHIT MANG!". Poor boy goes back out again and smells something good, ends up finding a corpse being eaten by a ghoul who offers him some food, and that ghoul gets bodied by another ghoul and then that ghoul gets bodied by another ghoul and bodies our half ghoul protagonist.

How do I feel about this anime? I cannot say for sure yet, I kind of want to see how he adapts to his new... "way of life?" (I guess that's one way to put it). And on the other hand, I think its going to be one of those try hard shows. If anything, it wasn't a bad episode but it wasn't great either, middle of the road I guess? That said I'll be watching episode 2, I have a 3 episode rule. If it hasn't hooked me by the third episode, its dropped.

I watched the first episode of Tiger and Bunny earlier today, mostly because I thought it was a mech show from the character designs. Turns out it's about superheroes. Okay then.

The thing has me intrigued, but I wanted an opinion on whether or not it's worth my time getting into the whole series. Thoughts?

I watched the first episode of Tiger and Bunny earlier today, mostly because I thought it was a mech show from the character designs. Turns out it's about superheroes. Okay then.

The thing has me intrigued, but I wanted an opinion on whether or not it's worth my time getting into the whole series. Thoughts?

Tiger and Bunny can be an entertaining show, the early episodes are just fun little romps but as it goes on it starts to become more serious and dramatic. The concept is silly but it was actually one of my favorites from a couple of years ago.

Anyone suggest any super gory fantasies such as Inuyasha and 3x3 Eyes? (No, it does not have to be to the extent of implying a demon's body came out of a girl's personal zone like in the 3x3 Eyes OVAs. That scene is still a good reason it never aired on TV in Japan) Seeing Yakumo immortal, only to be left a gory stump, regenerate and restart the cycle is amazing.

If you're up to it Lime, there is always the Corpse Party OVA's, though I vastly prefer the games and recommend them for the best way to experience the story.

Anyone suggest any super gory fantasies such as Inuyasha and 3x3 Eyes? (No, it does not have to be to the extent of implying a demon's body came out of a girl's personal zone like in the 3x3 Eyes OVAs. That scene is still a good reason it never aired on TV in Japan) Seeing Yakumo immortal, only to be left a gory stump, regenerate and restart the cycle is amazing.

Inuyasha is gory?

Berserk looks like some crazy shit, and Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka gets pretty gory at times.

So, I heard about this series called The Big O, and its a noir-esque series with mechs and is heavily influenced by western animation, especially Batman: TAS in its art style and plot. I heard its great and was on Adult Swim, so it was dubbed. Was the dub any good?

The dub is great though I can't tell you if the stories good or not because I never watched all the episodes in any order and often did not know what was even happening.

Steve Blum

Inuyasha is gory?

Berserk looks like some crazy shit, and Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka gets pretty gory at times.

Eh, Inuyasha had some moments where blood was shed but I can't see it as a gory show either.

So..., I didn't think I would be saying this after what my cousin described, but I will give Attack on Titan a shot. I tend to understand better by watching, so supposing I am awake enough after work, I will watch on Toonami.

Hyrule Waffle must have missed some of the few shows that were actually good this season. 

Are you insulting the glorious adventures of idiotic manga creator?

(I haven't watched the entire show, but seen a couple episodes at a friend's and it was fun. The fanservice didn't do anything for me but the idiotic protagonist who nonetheless has a successful manga and the more capable other characters including the assistant who nonetheless can't manage to get her manga published made for an entertaining dynamic :P)

Are you insulting the glorious adventures of idiotic manga creator?

(I haven't watched the entire show, but seen a couple episodes at a friend's and it was fun. The fanservice didn't do anything for me but the idiotic protagonist who nonetheless has a successful manga and the more capable other characters including the assistant who nonetheless can't manage to get her manga published made for an entertaining dynamic tongue.png)

Yeah it was a fun show, I find the manga strangely endearing while the show fell flat on it's face more often. Luckily it didn't fall too far in the abyss of ecchi and stuck mostly to Aito being a crazy perv. Pleasantly surprising for an ecchi show.

And the post above your's taking it seriously. Ouch

Let's try something a little different for suggestions. This time I am looking for UN-reccomendations specifically ones that have an end of humanity or end of the world scenario at any point. I am not built for these kinds of stories. Be sure to put in spoiler tags as to not spoil it for others. I already know

DBZ's Buu Arc, End of Eva, Akira, Casshern Sins and Saikano

had those.

In other news, Junko Iwao has a new CD coming out, she said it on her Facebook!

Yeah it was a fun show, I find the manga strangely endearing while the show fell flat on it's face more often. Luckily it didn't fall too far in the abyss of ecchi and stuck mostly to Aito being a crazy perv. Pleasantly surprising for an ecchi show.

And the post above your's taking it seriously. Ouch

No I didn't, static text carries no emotion unfortunately. I guess I could have thrown in an lol but... I do it so much ;_;

No I didn't, static text carries no emotion unfortunately. I guess I could have thrown in an lol but... I do it so much ;_;

Oh okay. Good to know you have a sense of humor. Got a bit nervous there. Also if I sounded mean I didn't mean to be I just happen to sound that way sometimes.

Speaking of last season's anime, what ended up as everyone's favorite? Mine was a toss-up between Mekakucity Actors (obviously) and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders.

Oh okay. Good to know you have a sense of humor. Got a bit nervous there. Also if I sounded mean I didn't mean to be I just happen to sound that way sometimes.

Speaking of last season's anime, what ended up as everyone's favorite? Mine was a toss-up between Mekakucity Actors (obviously) and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders.

Hmmm, well I enjoyed Mekakucity Actors, Jojo was great, and I also liked No Game No Life. On the guilty pleasure end of things I watched Chaika and Black Bullet.

Hmmm, well I enjoyed Mekakucity Actors, Jojo was great, and I also liked No Game No Life. On the guilty pleasure end of things I watched Chaika and Black Bullet.

No Game No Life was fantastic, there have just been so many fantastic anime this season; I didn't think there would be at first. Black Bullet was also great, but I prefer the manga somehow (RIP). Chaika was just not my type of deal, it seemed really generic and the main character was really annoying. Dropped it fast.

Sailor Moon's new dub cast for the re-release was announced today.

Stephanie Sheh as Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon

Kate Higgins as Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury
Cristina Vee as Rei Hino/Sailor Mars
Amanda C. Miller as Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter
Cherami Leigh as Minako Aino/Sailor Venus
Robbie Daymond as Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask
Michelle Ruff as Luna
Johnny Yong Bosch as Artemis
Danielle Nicole as Naru Osaka
Ben Diskin as Gurio Umino
Tara Platt as Ikuko Tsukino
Keith Silverstein as Kenji Tsukino
Nicolas Roye as Shingo Tsukino
Cindy Robinson as Queen Beryl
Todd Haberkorn as Jadeite
Liam O'Brien as Nephrite
Lucien Dodge as Zoicite
Patrick Seitz as Kunzite

Looks like a pretty solid cast.

The big collection is slated for a November release. I'm excited!

• Thumbs Up 3

So Jupiter is Yukiko is English and Japanese, amusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk