Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Why were you expecting the best romcom to be horrible? wtf

The Familiar of Zero hurt me pretty bad, man. Since I heard about this one having another angry, raging tsundere character I set my expectations low.

Like I said, I've only seen the first episode, though. There's still plenty of room for disappointment as far as I'm concerned.

The Familiar of Zero hurt me pretty bad, man. Since I heard about this one having another angry, raging tsundere character I set my expectations low.

Like I said, I've only seen the first episode, though. There's still plenty of room for disappointment as far as I'm concerned.

Familiar is average harem trash. Toradora is how you do romcom right. It's great just stick with it. The "raging tsundere" is used mostly as a foil for the male leads more dormant, timid personality. Does Taiga have Louise's annoying ass voice though? If so luckily that would have been my first experience with the voice.

Familiar is average harem trash. Toradora is how you do romcom right. It's great just stick with it. The "raging tsundere" is used mostly as a foil for the male leads more dormant, timid personality.

Alright, I will. One thing I liked was how the  Ryu seemed to have more depth than your average harem MC.

Does Taiga have Louise's annoying ass voice though? If so luckily that would have been my first experience with the voice.

Depends; we talking sub or dub?

Taiga is indeed voiced by Rie Kugiyama, same with Louise. It's how she got her title as the "Tsundere Queen".

Anyway, first show of the Summer Season I watched was "Aldnoah Zero" and being written by Gen Urobuchi, I knew exactly how it would end. Oh that Urobuctcher.

Alright, I will. One thing I liked was how the  Ryu seemed to have more depth than your average harem MC.

Depends; we talking sub or dub?

All the characters are pretty well rounded. Except the support girl. I found her annoying. Huge Toradora fan so I can't recommend the series enough.

I don't watch dubs unless they're Dandy man.

Taiga is indeed voiced by Rie Kugiyama, same with Louise. It's how she got her title as the "Tsundere Queen".

Ugh. Glad I saw Toradora before I assosiated her voice with annoying harem shit. Going back it doesn't sound so bad somehow.

What do you mean by that? I guess because SAO is topping the polls. I've never seen that anime (not sure if I want to either) but I heard it starts alright but then ends up being fairly mediocre. =[

Quite funny and strange that Free is in the men's list and yet no Sailor Moon Crystal.

More like it starts less than mediocre and end up what is this i don't even.

SAO is a blatant example of what not to do in not just anime but writing in general. It's the most bottom of the barrel writing that's so far up it's own ass with the digital world bullshit that I've ever seen.

d27fb2ac57ba8df10b3e0f7fb00b1356a47151cf

And shove this straight up the ass of those who try to tell you otherwise.

Did I actually read a character in the Hunter x Hunter manga saying "Ain't nobody got time for that" just yesterday?

Apart from that, it's slowly getting interesting

>No Space Dandy

Japan, stop.

It is on the men's list at number 9, at least it's not completely absent. 

By the way, seeing that Space Dandy is popular here, is anyone watching Zankyou no terror? it´s by the same director. Episode one aired today, it´s veeeeeeeeery good, seriously. I´ve heard than episode two is even better.

I´m also watching Aldnoah Zero, written by Urobuchi, mostly known for Madoka, Fate/zero etc. It really shows, specially after that brutal ending. 

Did I actually read a character in the Hunter x Hunter manga saying "Ain't nobody got time for that" just yesterday?

Apart from that, it's slowly getting interesting

Slowly getting interesting! no freaking way! I've been MEGA INTERESTED ever since the return from hiatus. I love all the mental sparring and maneuvering going on. Some of these guys are on some death note level scheming

Pariston is such a great antagonist. So freshing amongst shonen macho men villians

Just came back from Ep. 2 of Toradora.

The heartwarming. The heartwarming is too much. And the characters are well-written!

Toradora...

curiosity.jpg

And now I conclude that Pai and Parvati from 3x3 Eyes are easily the most relatable dual personality that I have seen in media. I was shocked to realize that I could relate to Pai's energetic and naive personality on one side and Parvati's hostile, cruel and uncaring aspect on the other. Making an alternate aspect to cover up a past issue, I feel for Parvati.

Now that that's out of the way, I can say that the art of the manga reminds me of Rurouni Kenshin and I am not sure if I should be smiling sadistically at Yakumo being torn apart or creeped out. I will hand it to Takada-san, he know how to give me a mixed reaction.

Just came back from Ep. 2 of Toradora.

The heartwarming. The heartwarming is too much. And the characters are well-written!

Toradora...

curiosity.jpg

It's the only series where I actually loved a tsundere (Taiga) and I HATE that trope with a passion.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I guess Genshiken is in the runnings with A Little Snow Fairy Sugar as the most boring anime man has ever conceived. Right down to the dub quality.

I think I may have found the most obvious self insert manga since SAO(tho, without too much of it's pretentiousness)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So a guy called Mangatherapy on Facebook has decided to take my healing experiences with some Megumi Hayashibara characters and post them on a couple sites WITH my permission. Can't wait to see all the explicit details exposed as it becomes easier to understand how they were therapy for me.

Anyways... I read more of my 3x3 Eyes in Japanese and since it has been noted for it's gory content, I thought I might show a scanlation page of just how bad it was, justifying it being a Seinen. Warning very explicit image of inards.

3x3_eyes_vol_05_ch_01_pg_007.jpg?v=11193

SAOII looks like an animated GunZ Online drama. There was even someone butterflying in the OP.

Hey, guys. I need your help with looking for shows again. This time, seeing as the only ones I know make me uncomfortable, does anyone know any deconstruction anime or manga that are not about excessive melodrama? I heard Ouran was a less tense one, but I have not seen it just yet. And depending on how you look at it, Saber Marionette J was a demi-deconstruction with the robots steadily become less flat in personality, got sad, but not most of the time.

Hey, guys. I need your help with looking for shows again. This time, seeing as the only ones I know make me uncomfortable, does anyone know any deconstruction anime or manga that are not about excessive melodrama? I heard Ouran was a less tense one, but I have not seen it just yet. And depending on how you look at it, Saber Marionette J was a demi-deconstruction with the robots steadily become less flat in personality, got sad, but not most of the time.

What are we defining as "excessive melodrama" here?

What are we defining as "excessive melodrama" here?

Fate of the world being about control (politically), "the world's gonna end," abuse of innocents who did nothing, "an organization everyone knows is corrupt," crap like that. Not in the state of mind for it.