Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Fate of the world being about control (politically), "the world's gonna end," abuse of innocents who did nothing, "an organization everyone knows is corrupt," crap like that. Not in the state of mind for it.

'fraid I can't help you there, then.

Koe no Katachi 45 came out. Good chapter. Ueno can fuck right off with the self-pity shit though.

Not sure who would be interested, but I have a bit of trivia: the anime Jormungandr is named after a giant snake in Norse mythology, also known as the Midgard Serpent or Midgardsirmr. The serpent was an enemy of Thor and their relationship was joked about in the Mythical Detective Loki manga.

• 7 months later...

Time to revive this topic!

Watched most of Baka to Test. It's great, really funny and way better than The Daily Lives of High School Boys. I'm on Episode 8, so I hope the remaining few are even better!

After watching series 2 of RWBY, I'm soooo glad that RT wants to continue the series in Monty's memory. Especially after that cliffhanger ending!

It was great, even better than series 1 IMO, with brilliant action and animation. I can't wait to see more, I only hope it holds up well even without Monty.

• Thumbs Up 2

After watching series 2 of RWBY, I'm soooo glad that RT wants to continue the series in Monty's memory. Especially after that cliffhanger ending!

It was great, even better than series 1 IMO, with brilliant action and animation. I can't wait to see more, I only hope it holds up well even without Monty.

Don't get your hopes up. At the very least the fight scenes won't be nearly as good without him, he was one hell of a talented animator that probably has no substitute anywhere on Rooster Teeth's roster. 

TBH it feels like a disrespect to continue it after he left us. It was his brainchild... 

So I watched a clip from Hetalia and it seems like a pretty funny anime and I thinking about watching more episodes. Should I keep on watching the show or is it not really that good?

Don't get your hopes up. At the very least the fight scenes won't be nearly as good without him, he was one hell of a talented animator that probably has no substitute anywhere on Rooster Teeth's roster. 

TBH it feels like a disrespect to continue it after he left us. It was his brainchild... 

I knew that most of the amazing fight scenes were animated by him, but they could still find someone just as good as that I'm sure. Some outside talent maybe...

Otherwise they could always continue the story as a comic book instead of an animated series. It would be a damn shame, but at least the plot wouldn't go to waste. =[

So I watched a clip from Hetalia and it seems like a pretty funny anime and I thinking about watching more episodes. Should I keep on watching the show or is it not really that good?

Has its moments, but can get really annoying real fast. Later episodes of the series rely more on fanservice and pairing jokes rather than historical references which is why I fell out with the series. Not to mention the horrible fanbase. >>

Any recent Anime close to KLK or gurren lan?

FLCL is the closest thing I can think of. KLK has been described as a three-way between Panty And Stocking, Gurren Lagann and FLCL before so yeah. 

Gunbuster and Diebuster are also hot blooded mecha anime similar to Gurren Lagann. Diebuster is the sequel to Gunbuster so don't watch it before Gunbuster. Trust me, among other things, it makes Diebuster's ending way more amazing. 

I knew that most of the amazing fight scenes were animated by him, but they could still find someone just as good as that I'm sure. Some outside talent maybe...

Otherwise they could always continue the story as a comic book instead of an animated series. It would be a damn shame, but at least the plot wouldn't go to waste. =[

Has its moments, but can get really annoying real fast. Later episodes of the series rely more on fanservice and pairing jokes rather than historical references which is why I fell out with the series. Not to mention the horrible fanbase. >>

Ah yes the fan base, now them I'm quite familiar with.

Discussing another anime I watched "The Wolf Children." It was a sad yet enjoyable film. It might have struck a few more cords with me since I also have a little brother and a dad who died.

I was very lucky to find the second DVD of Koi Kaze, still in it's shrinkwrap at an FYE about two weeks ago, so I got it. Now I just need volume 3 to finish off the only anime of that particular theme to not be done in a stereotypical fashion.

Speaking of mature things, I will be checking out Starship Operators, Hayate the Combat Butler and Amagami, for the plot and Shizuka Itou (or "Beer Lover Shizuka," as calls herself). You might know her under a pseudonym for her eroge work, being in Shakugan no Shana, High School DxD and Zoids Genesis.

Well I just watched the entire series of "My Bride is a Mermaid" I have to admit it was a pretty funny series but there were some episodes that left smiling awkwardly at the screen, especially with the cross-dressing episode. I also noticed that the anime had tons of fanservice, but then again that's Japan for ya.

Man I swear I can only watch that thing in short bursts. After so much fast-paced wackiness I get tried out.

I saw the first seven episodes of Captain Harlock and I must say, this is simply amazing, especially the music and storytelling.

I might consider Future Diary, Penguindrum and more of Soul Eater.

Oh god, if you watch Penguindrum, prepare for a wild ride. Also, just a warning: Don't get too attached to these characters like I did......

I have a friend that's wanting to introduce me to Attack on Titan. I've been hesitant with that show simply because I can only handle gore to a degree. I can easily handle seeing someone bleed a lot but when it comes to showing guts or someone's head getting ripped off or any gore in extreme detail I really can't handle it. Heck I fainted in high school from having to dissect a pig just from seeing it's guts.

Blegh, I don't like dissecting animals either so I can't blame you. Personally, Attack on Titan didn't really strike me as very gory... or at least it doesn't really shove gore in your face so I think you might be fine. A lot of the deaths and injuries are usually discretion shots with blood coming from off screen.

The anime actually censors stuff compared to the manga too (one scene which really annoyed me). I'd say give episode 1 and 2 a shot and see how you feel.

Any recent Anime close to KLK or gurren lan?

it's a little older but Gurren Lagann is the spiritual successor to Getter Robo so that might be worth checking out (Armageddon being my recommended choice). I also hear G Gundam's like Gurren Lagann too but I can't say I watched it.

Edited by Goldenlink64

I have a friend that's wanting to introduce me to Attack on Titan. I've been hesitant with that show simply because I can only handle gore to a degree. I can easily handle seeing someone bleed a lot but when it comes to showing guts or someone's head getting ripped off or any gore in extreme detail I really can't handle it. Heck I fainted in high school from having to dissect a pig just from seeing it's guts.

Don't watch Akira. Ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

it's a little older but Getter Robo is the spiritual successor to Gurren Lagann so that might be worth checking out (Armageddon being my recommended choice). I also hear G Gundam's like Gurren Lagann too but I can't say I watched it.

I think you mean Gurren Lagann is the successor for Getter Robo, not the reverse :V

• Thumbs Up 1