Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

It looks like this was just an effort by Funimation to make it self-owned and independent.

Finished Requiem for the Phantom... Fuck this anime and it's stupid fucked up ending that pissed me off and made me feel like I wasted my time... Then took little Cal and turned her into some murderous bitch, fuck this anime! Ok yeah... liked some of it.

Steins;Gate... fuck this anime, didn't know what the fuck was going on the entire time I was watching it.

Edited by Silencer226

Well, lately I've been trying to catch up with Madoka Magica and really interested in it since it takes the magical girl concept and flips it 180 degrees. Also, I've recently watched the 1st episode of SKET Dance which is reminiscent of the S.O.S Brigade from Haruhi and I found it pretty amusing and funny enough, not to mention Gintoki is one of the VAs of the main cast (sort of) which is a plus.

Also, Proof that Disney Channel of Japan > Disney Channel of America. Why are we stuck with the teen sh*tcoms and they get something cool as that (even if it was only a couple of minutes long)? Son of a b*tch....... :(

Edited by AdventChild

I still think the new Drossel looks like too much of a lardass compared to her S1 version. I miss them twintails.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, Proof that Disney Channel of Japan > Disney Channel of America. Why are we stuck with the teen sh*tcoms and they get something cool as that (even if it was only a couple of minutes long)? Son of b*tch.......

Whaddya know? I actually finished the first season of this series and I thought it was a cute little show... I agree, why do us Americans have to have the crappy shows on Disney?

I kinda hope disney will dub this show... on second thought, knowing disney they'll have Drossel voiced by someone from Hanna Montana or Highschool musical. I'm feeling conflicted... X(

And also, I'm usually not the one to complain about character redesigns, but I really don't like Drossel's redesign either. I thought the original Drossel was freaking adorable and this new one is kinda creepy looking.

Edited by The Stinking Recolor
  • Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone heard anything about when Dragon Ball Z for Girls is coming out in America? I haven't heard anything about the dub since Viz announced they signed for it, outside of the couple of cast changes (Kagome and Sesshomaru, if I recall correctly).

Why are we stuck with the teen sh*tcoms and they get something cool as that (even if it was only a couple of minutes long)?

I think that is the best word I've ever seen.

Has anyone heard anything about when Dragon Ball Z for Girls is coming out in America? I haven't heard anything about the dub since Viz announced they signed for it, outside of the couple of cast changes (Kagome and Sesshomaru, if I recall correctly).

DBZ for Girls? *finishes reading* Kagome and Sesshomaru? Who the fuck is that? *Memory slowly kicks in* Oh, Inuyasha, duh. Viz... who knows, some of the stuff they get the rights too doesn't even get released.

Spring 2011, so far I kind of like Sket Dance and Steins;Gate, Tiger&Bunny being the one I enjoyed most out of all of them. That's not really saying much though...

Edited by Silencer226

I think that is the best word I've ever seen.

haven't the phrase DBZ for girls referring to that show in forever.... good collection of words.

Are they remaking inuyasha or whatever?

Funny, I always thought of Sailor Moon as being more DBZ for girls. D:

Well, after FINALLY finding a way to watch animu on my computer after a virus hit it 3 months ago, I've started Madoka, And HOLY SHIT is it awesome!

Also:

FUCK KYUBEY!

Are they remaking inuyasha or whatever?

The second series is a continuation of the first one.

Guess I'll start watching Ga-Rei-Zero since it came in the mail today. I'm hoping it will be a good watch, I haven't been let down by anything I've purchased yet, so I'll find out soon enough whether I'll like this or not.

And I guess I'll finish off Yumekui Merry... I don't know the show is borderline garbage imo, but the manga is a lot better, fucking anime adaptations do it right or don't do it at all. I just want Madoka back on the air, honestly it shits on everything I saw in the Fall and in the Winter (not counting things shows I bought, Ergo Proxy is awesome, glad I bought it out of curiosity while it was still in print)...

Edited by Silencer226

Well, just saw episode one of Sket Dance. I totally didn't check it out because there's apparently a manga crossover chapter with GinTama coming soon. >.> (Brilliantly a couple of GinTama voice actors are in the Sket Dance anime, too :D)

Seems quite good so far, although obviously it's far too early to judge properly. Will stick with it for a bit and see where it goes!

Bloody hell, just realised I'm now following six anime; Naruto, GinTama, Gosick, Beelzebub, Sket Dance and Digimon Xros Wars. That's the most series I've followed in a while...

EDIT: Just randomly read the most recent Sket Dance manga chapter. Oh god, this is some seriously hilarious stuff. If this is how good it gets, I'm definitely sticking with the anime.

Edited by -Mark-

Finished Ga-Rei-Zero. Well, I thought it was good, considering this was a blind buy. I didn't even know it was a prequel to the manga series of it, didn't know there was a manga series of this (which I am downloading now). I liked all of the characters, there wasn't one that I wanted to suffer a painful death. I hate seeing characters who were originally good go Darth Vader rogue because of another corrupted jerk. I could sympathize with the Yomi character, I wanted her to turn good again, but instead she had to die. Well I guess she's dead, I don't know the entire thing is a prequel after all, so who knows.

So, yea... next up is... Eden of the East: king of Eden, whenever that comes in the mail. It's really sad I have to dig through mountains of trash before I find something interesting to watch... bring back MADOKA!

Edited by Silencer226

For those interested, there's gonna be a new One Piece opening tonight with the new episode. I haven't seen it yet but people are saying it's good. 'Hope to see it when Funi puts up the simucast but I don't wanna spoil myself until then.

I may edit the opening into this post once Youtube vids are available.

Edit: Never underestimate the speed of the fans. here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8USq0Jo5TI

*w* ... (that's all I can say.)

Edited by Inferno

I finished episode 2 of Tiger and Bunny, I'm going to stick with this. I like the humor in this show.

Bunny: Care to free me as well?

Tiger: Eh?

Bunny: I won't be able to get center attention if both our powers are activated.

Tiger: ...*2 second pause* Uh-huh *flies away*

Bunny: ...

And I can't forget about the mechanic who speaks so low that he needs subtitles for the subtitles.

That song is very good, but it suffers from the same problem that the majority of recent songs for the anime have: it doesn't sound like it belongs in One Piece.

How far is the One Piece anime now? The war's over already, isn't it?

It seems a bit odd to change the opening now, when there's not long left before the

time skip

and yet another inevitable opening-change.

Edited by -Mark-

It seems a bit odd to change the opening now, when there's not long left before the

time skip

I'm expecting the One Piece anime to use it as an excuse for season of filler episodes. It's kinda necessary though, the anime is getting close to manga, I don't think Oda's even halfway through with the current manga arc.

Edited by BatGuy

time skip

The flashback just started in 493. It looks like they're slowing things down, since they ended the episode before chapter 483's ending. I'm expecting them to draw out the crew's whereabouts again. I'd love for them to use the cover stories as filler. But filler is sort of needed. The manga isn't even 40 chapters ahead.

Next week:

SABO!

:D

About the opening, we don't even know if

they'll start a new series after the timeskip. But it seems likely.

Or they could do a Naruto and use the plot break as an excuse to do 80+ filler episodes in a row.

Also, One Piece Shippuden Z, anybody? :lol:

Edited by -Mark-

Or they could do a Naruto and use the plot break as an excuse to do 80+ filler episodes in a row.

Also, One Piece Shippuden Z, anybody? :lol:

Naruto is so stupidly ahead of the anime that I forgot Sasuke went to battle the Kages first before he went batshit.

Finally got around to Kaiji. Fuck! Why does this have to be a weekly series.

I also really want a kebab right now.

Also, Proof that Disney Channel of Japan > Disney Channel of America. Why are we stuck with the teen sh*tcoms and they get something cool as that (even if it was only a couple of minutes long)? Son of a b*tch....... :(

I can't tell what this is supposed to be.

Can someone help me a bit? I'm considering buying Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Hope that's the English title..), but I don't have enough money for both right now, so I'm not sure which to get first. I'm leaning towards Summer Wars.

Any suggestions on which to get first?