Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Magical Girl Madoka Magika episode 5

Sayaka faces Kyoko, Sayaka doesn't do too well against someone who doesn't give a shit about kindness. Kyubey, sits back and watches while Sayaka gets her ass kicked, oh wait he also tells Madoka "if ya form a contract wit meh you can stop the fight lolz, c'mon"... then comes Homura (YAY!

:D), who interrupts the fight... then comes credits and I become sad because I wanted to see Homura kick Kyoko ass...

Damn you cliffhanger!

And now for epicness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAneKiXKh9E&feature=channel

*wipes tear from eye*, April 5th can't come fast enough! Getting this bitch on blu-ray!

EDIT: So Yumekui Merry decides to leave me hanging like Madoka... shit right when Yumeji's powers were awakening,... This episode was filled with lot's of Merry, so no harm done :D.

Edited by Silencer226

So... I've decided to start looking at One Piece on Funimations site, because I don't want to end up Funimations list of pirates pirating an anime about pirates pirating. Starting with episode 1... I'll catch up... in like a year, lol maybe 2 eps a day at best.

HA yeah good luck with that!

Best just to jump in where the current arc started and backtrack through wikis to find out whats going on.

Edited by goku262002

So the anime arc for Pokémon B&W is appearing next week right? why soo soon? usually from what I remember, the english dub is held off until a game is released here.

Funny how here in the US we get the stright forward name "pokemon black and white" but over in japan there getting the stupid dub title "best wishes". usually its in reverse.

Has anyone ever listened to the soundtracks of the current "big three" of Shonen Jump?

Naruto's soundtrack, especially Shippuden is very well done and sometimes even beautiful.

One Piece has a definately wonderful score as well. It captures the adventure and action One Piece has and it's a real joy to listen to

And as for Bleach... Uh... Weeelll... It barely even uses an epic sounding orchestra. Compared to the likes of Naruto and One Piece it really just sounds lame. And after listening a while, I could swear that some even sound like MIDIs. You know, the music that were used for websites back when AOL was all the rage? Back before MP3 Players on webpages? Yep that's what it sounds like sometimes. Surprised? >_>

One Piece's music is half-composed by Kouhei Tanaka, who I admire and has done BGM for other anime such as Kaiketsu Zorori and Angelic Layer. The other half, Shiro Hamaguchi, has apparently done some music for the Final Fantasy series. So these guys can't be anything but good. One of these days I'll scope for all of One Piece's soundtrack albums, since I only have a selection of BGM.

Why would there be dozens and dozens of slowed down and mirrored versions of Hare Hare Yukai on YouTube? I was looking for the Hare Hare Yukai Rockman and the 1080p version of the original that I had on my PS3 before the HDD exploded, and there are suddenly bucketloads of the above-mentioned slowed and mirrored versions that weren't there when I originally ganked them. Was there some meme that I missed or something?

Mario, Luigi and Yoshi trek across ice and snow to stop the shelled ones' schemes. But Bowser's slick; in one last trick, he takes the dearest thing of all. Now Tornado is Missing!!

Good god that song can just curl up and die; it drives me insane like no other. Are there seriously still people making videos on it?

Anyone watched the latest Star Driver ep?

IMO, It'll go down as the most memorable episode for a number of reasons.

1. The fireworks fight got a chuckle out of me, not to mention the destruction of Takuto's room.

2. Takuto walking in on Keito's karaoke session and their reactions.

3. The priceless end with the warning: PLEASE DO NOT IMITATE RAPIST! lol

Edited by AdventChild

So the anime arc for Pokémon B&W is appearing next week right? why soo soon? usually from what I remember, the english dub is held off until a game is released here.

Funny how here in the US we get the stright forward name "pokemon black and white" but over in japan there getting the stupid dub title "best wishes". usually its in reverse.

Speaking of Black and White, here's another preview that was posted in the Pokemanz topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C71WPyJ16Io&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Still not liking how Ash's current VA "rounds out" alot of her words. ("Pogemon", Pigachu etc.) It's really different to how "sharp" his first voice became before being replaced. 'Still sounds ok though.

Iris's voice sounds even better than I imagined it would sound. I mean, it's awesome. For the longest I was wondering what they were gonna end up doing with her voice in the dub but they nailed it. She sounds annoying- in that 'lovable' sorta way, if that makes any sense.

Yup, definitely looking forward to it.

I busted out laughing at that Star Driver episode. "Don't do what rapists do." Boy, that episode was hilarious. Who would have thought Yaoi fangirls would be so hilarious?

Bakuman has been getting better and better lately. Going to see the new Star Driver shortly.

And only being two years late, I just found out there was a spin-off series of Haruhi based on Disappearance if Kyon had stayed.

I still hope the movie will be Englished dubbed and they will continue the series sometime soon. Not if their going to pull another Endless Eight deal on us but I feel they wouldn't at this point.

I'm in the crowd that thinks Panty & Stocking is overrated. >_> Not by any means a bad show, I did enjoy it. I just don't understand why it's so popular, it's amusing and crazy but it's composed completely of parodies that more often than not rely on sexual or immature humor with the occasional very clever joke. Don't get me wrong, I laugh and enjoy it, just I thought the series was pretty forgettable and I only remember about it since everyone keeps talking about it like it was the epitome of anime when all it really was (in my opinion) was the best show in a dry season. I won't rant about it anymore, I guess it just saddens me my taste lay elsewhere so yes, being a sourpus.

Anyway, I caught up watching Yumekui Merry and Kore wa Zombie desu ka. I have to say, originally I wasn't interested in any animes this season (and I still have to give a few of them a shot) but both of these series exceeded my expectations. Particularly Yumekui Merry. Kore wa Zombie desu ka is just a comedy series that goes for a bit of depth but then in the end all it really is about is a series featuring a zombie, a magical girl with a chainsaw, a ninja vampire, and a Necromancer but they do a good job accepting it's bizarreness and using it for some fun scenes. An interesting series but not by any means revolutionary and a bit mindless fun.

However, Yumekui Merry has caught my full interest. It has an interesting high concept (which kind of reminds me of something like a mixture of NiGHTS into Dreams and Jing King of the Bandits) sustained by fantastic artistic direction, some very great characters, fantastic pacing, and presentation. The series really picked up in episodes 5 and 6 as it branched off from what looked like it might turn into a monster of the week formula in the first 4 episodes and into something much more interesting that gives more depth to the previous episodes. Also it has kick-ass music which keeps adding to every scene, so that's nice. Definitely my favorite show of this season so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

However, Yumekui Merry has caught my full interest. It has an interesting high concept (which kind of reminds me of something like a mixture of NiGHTS into Dreams and Jing King of the Bandits) sustained by fantastic artistic direction, some very great characters, fantastic pacing, and presentation. The series really picked up in episodes 5 and 6 as it branched off from what looked like it might turn into a monster of the week formula in the first 4 episodes and into something much more interesting that gives more depth to the previous episodes. Also it has kick-ass music which keeps adding to every scene, so that's nice. Definitely my favorite show of this season so far.

Funny enough, Yumekui Merry (AKA Dreameater Merry), got licensed to Sentai Filmworks, so more than likely it'll have a bluray/dvd release sometime this year. If you can't tell already I like the show.

And I saw the latest episode of Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, and wow no wonder Homura keeps telling them not to contract with Kyubey. Little bastard rips out their souls and turns them into gems, leaving the body as a shell, and if the gem and the body get separated it's like the equivalent of dieing, which Madoka found out the hard way when she temporarily killed her friend. That said, this is my favorite of the season, but Merry is up there as well.

Funny enough, Yumekui Merry (AKA Dreameater Merry), got licensed to Sentai Filmworks, so more than likely it'll have a bluray/dvd release sometime this year. If you can't tell already I like the show.

And I saw the latest episode of Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, and wow no wonder Homura keeps telling them not to contract with Kyubey. Little bastard rips out their souls and turns them into gems, leaving the body as a shell, and if the gem and the body get separated it's like the equivalent of dieing, which Madoka found out the hard way when she temporarily killed her friend. That said, this is my favorite of the season, but Merry is up there as well.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica is one of the series I haven't checked out yet, so my opinion might shift when I watch it. I kind of glanced over the first episode and it didn't look too interesting but I was going to give it a shot down the road since you never know, but been hearing good things about it.

I'm in the crowd that thinks Panty & Stocking is overrated. >_> Not by any means a bad show, I did enjoy it. I just don't understand why it's so popular, it's amusing and crazy but it's composed completely of parodies that more often than not rely on sexual or immature humor with the occasional very clever joke. Don't get me wrong, I laugh and enjoy it, just I thought the series was pretty forgettable and I only remember about it since everyone keeps talking about it like it was the epitome of anime when all it really was (in my opinion) was the best show in a dry season. I won't rant about it anymore, I guess it just saddens me my taste lay elsewhere so yes, being a sourpus.

I tend to agree, actually. I was surprised how popular it was, especially here.

I personally just thought Panty and Stocking was an average show with it's moments, nothing really "amazing" about it.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica is one of the series I haven't checked out yet, so my opinion might shift when I watch it. I kind of glanced over the first episode and it didn't look too interesting but I was going to give it a shot down the road since you never know, but been hearing good things about it.

Well, I suggest watching 1-3 at least, then deciding from there. I will admit episode 3 is what got me hooked into the series, and I've stuck with it ever since. Episode 6 also had a few revealing surprises.

I'll agree with the general Panty & Stocking comments. Decent show, had it's ups and downs, I'd give it a seven at best overall. Probably closer to a six.

I liked it because it was different and paid a homage to western animation like Powerpuff Girls and Dexter. I miss those shows. Although I am loving Young Justice, right now!

Why is .hack not putting any effort in their animation? This seriously annoys the shit out of me when animes do this. Especially a franchise where money really isn't an issue.

P&S is one of the incredibly few shows the past years that actually had style and substance, something that I can't say much about recent anime at all. That's why I enjoy it, even when it isn't funny. For the most part Gainax doesn't really act like it's supposed to be such either, it approaches humor without actually being aware of it and instead lives in a Suda51-ish mindset of insanity, unorthodoxy and unpredictability. It just does it's own thing being fun and creative, which is why I enjoyed the show all the way through. It actually has personality and identity, and it doesn't question it's place anytime as the story goes. It knows what it wants to be, and it doesn't need to explain shit. You just have to accept right off the bat that this is a crapsack world of innuendo, sex, violence and horny angels, and nothing at any point is justified or needs to be. If you're in for the ride, you're just in for the ride. Nothing above that. That enough had me sold the entire show.

By saying that I realize how incredibly alienated I've become in anime and how there's a plethora of shit that I never manage to watch past one episode nowadays. Gainax is probably the only company I could ever expect to deliver right now.

Edited by Carbo
  • Thumbs Up 2

So I watched Black and White and I have to say "feels good man".

It seems to be a lot better than the other series.

Also I've been checking out Yumekui Merry, Kore Wa Zombie Desu ka, and Beelzebub and I like all of them.

Edited by Torcano