Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I forgot I was supposed to buy Summer Wars on DVD. It's been so long since I cared about anime that it just slipped my mind!

I hope there isn't a limited edition.

I know the two dubbers are different but

You're telling me HSoTD got a dub, but NOT the TTGL films!?

ALL OF MY FUCKING RAGE!

I forgot I was supposed to buy Summer Wars on DVD. It's been so long since I cared about anime that it just slipped my mind!

I hope there isn't a limited edition.

There was just a first press edition (which according to Funi sold out nationwide) that came with some cards, mine were damaged so I'm trying to get some replacements if it isn't too late.

cards.jpg

I know the two dubbers are different but

You're telling me HSoTD got a dub, but NOT the TTGL films!?

ALL OF MY FUCKING RAGE!

It was pretty much a given HSoTD was getting a dub anyway, at the moment its like the most popular show on the anime network, which I believe is actually a partner for Sentai Filmworks(the HSoTD licensor), hell they might actually run the site, considering a vast majority of their shows are on there. And you also have to look at who the licensor for TTGL is, Bandai... the same company charging $35 for a singles disc with only 7 episodes, no dub, and barely any extra content. I'll probably be one of the ones buying HSoTD. Again blame bandai they're the ones in charge of the TTGL stuff (and overcharge like hell for it).

And this came in the mail today.

eva.jpg

Can't wait to watch it :D.

Edited by Silencer226

And this came in the mail today.

eva.jpg

Can't wait to watch it :D.

I've actually been thinking over the past few days that I still need to pick up 1.11 (seen the fansub) and this. I need to hear Tiffany Grant as Asuka again, dammit.

I personally have Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Volume 3 and the Kanokon complete set on the way soon.

Edited by Snatcher2047

Remember when this forum was abuzz with HSotD following? Good times. Good times.

In other news, I am totally absolutely hooked on DBZ Kai and I just don't give a fuck. I'm 21 years old and Future Trunks is still just as kick-ass awesome as he was when I was 10.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 4

I have a friend who's been a DIE HARD DBZ fan for years (bought all the VHS tapes back in the day) and despises KAI. I, on the other hand, see how it benefits the series greatly by cutting out all the crap. I think the episodes featuring the Goku/Freeza fight got cut by at least half, which is a very good thing.

ORIGINAL VERSION (old running gag between my friend and I):

Freeza : This world will be destroyed in FIVE MINUTES!

*A DOZEN EPISODES LATER*

Freeza : This world will be destroyed in FIVE MINUTES!

:huh:

Edited by Snatcher2047

It has to be said just how bad that was when they cut over half of the filler and the planet still took about 3 episodes to explode.

I mean, there are some things about Kai I don't like. For example, they chopped out almost all of the filler episodes that I can remember (dedicated filler was never really the problem with DBZ, and I actually always found it really entertaining. Poor pacing for the actual main arcs was always the main problem), including some of my favorite episodes of the show (like that one where Goku and Piccolo get driver's licences), and there was significantly less screen time for Vegeta to wear his legendary BADMAN shirt. And I practically loath the Kai soundtrack at points compared to the one Bruce Faulconer gave DBZ for Funimation. And I'm legitimately worried about the Buu arc, because that was pretty much perfection and I almost don't want to see how they screwed around with it.

On the whole, though, the simple fact that Namek didn't take 90 episodes of people grunting and screaming at each other certainly makes the whole thing feel a lot more cohesive. As an owner of all of the Remastered DVDs for DBZ, though, I'm sorta on the fence about picking up the Kai DVDs; and in fact leaning towards passing them over.

Edited by Tornado

There was just a first press edition (which according to Funi sold out nationwide) that came with some cards, mine were damaged so I'm trying to get some replacements if it isn't too late.

cards.jpg

Oh well! I bought the limited edition of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (mainly because I couldn't find a regular edition at the store, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't partially want the complete set anyway), and I would have wanted to do the same for this. But I don't care about this.

It has to be said just how bad that was when they cut over half of the filler and the planet still took about 3 episodes to explode.

I mean, there are some things about Kai I don't like. For example, they chopped out almost all of the filler episodes that I can remember (dedicated filler was never really the problem with DBZ, and I actually always found it really entertaining. Poor pacing for the actual main arcs was always the main problem), including some of my favorite episodes of the show (like that one where Goku and Piccolo get driver's licences), and there was significantly less screen time for Vegeta to wear his legendary BADMAN shirt. And I practically loath the Kai soundtracks at points compared to the one Bruce Faulconer gave DBZ for Funimation. And I'm legitimately worried about the Buu arc, because that was pretty much perfection and I almost don't want to see how they screwed around with it.

On the whole, though, the simple fact that Namek didn't take 90 episodes of people grunting and screaming at each other certainly makes the whole thing feel a lot more cohesive. As an owner of all of the Remastered DVDs for DBZ, though, I'm sorta on the fence about picking up the Kai DVDs; and in fact leaning towards passing them over.

Read "10 March 2011" And "03 March 2011":

http://www.daizex.com/

Then read what you said.

...Where the heck have you been? Under a rock? This stuff has been news for weeks now.

Edited by goku262002

Oh well! I bought the limited edition of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (mainly because I couldn't find a regular edition at the store, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't partially want the complete set anyway), and I would have wanted to do the same for this. But I don't care about this.

I wasn't impressed with the cards either, they were neat to look at for a second and back into the box they went. I just want mine replaced because when I pay for something I don't expect anything to be damaged even cheap cardstock cards. :P

Now... off to watch Eva and remove the stupid matrix boob scene I repressed months ago from my mind once again (thank you guys for bringing up "that" show with the zombies again, and reminding me of one of the dumbest scenes ever, really.), was so going to buy it until I remembered that shit.

After watching Evangelion 2.22

*speechless*, this might just be one of the most awesome things I've ever purchased. I want 3.33... NOW! My final words for this is "HOLY SHIT"!

Edited by Silencer226

Good to see some Dragon Ball Kai discussion.

I love it and the cutting of fillers make each episode count when I watch them to the point that if even 1 is missed I feel like I missed a whole lot.

I cant wait till they get to Buu since that is my favorite arc but I do wonder how they will edit it when it comes to it since it wasn't that bad filler wise.

They're not doing the Buu saga. Kai is being replaced by Toriko after the Cell saga.

I've actually been thinking over the past few days that I still need to pick up 1.11 (seen the fansub) and this. I need to hear Tiffany Grant as Asuka again, dammit.

She sounds a lot different in 2.22, probably cause she dropped the accent. Either way, 2.22 was fun to watch, really fun. I liked 1.11 but 2.22 had so much more going on, that and Mari is crazy as hell.

They're not doing the Buu saga. Kai is being replaced by Toriko after the Cell saga.

So its outright stopping or are they taking a break?

It would be weird to see something made to be manga faithful not follow it to the end.

Edited by Shade ?

From what I hear, it's stopping. I don't think there's any word for it to be continued.

From what I hear, it's stopping. I don't think there's any word for it to be continued.

Seems like a weird place to stop considering the new characters that get introduced during Buu Saga. All this DBZ chatter makes me wish I had bought all the orange box sets when they were on sale for like $12 each on Amazon during Christmas, but instead I decided to track down some old PS2 games, that I have yet to even get to and probably won't until the Winter 2012 thanks to PS3 getting so many fucking games this year.

Edited by Silencer226

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFKFlvgrOaU&NR=1

I'm back to watching this. God, why can't Beach Episodes be this funny!?

I swear I thought you said "Why can't Bleach be this funny", I had so much to say as to why "Bleach" couldn't be funny, or good. :P

But I'm gonna have to check that out, and Bakemonogatari, since they were directed by the same guy who's directing Madoka Magica, which is pretty much all I watched from this anime season, or at least what I found the most appealing to my taste, I'm glad it's not like other MG shows where everyone becomes friends. In this pretty much everyone dies and/or turns into a monster and gets killed.

Read "10 March 2011" And "03 March 2011":

http://www.daizex.com/

Then read what you said.

...Where the heck have you been? Under a rock? This stuff has been news for weeks now.

Read the dates of those news posts. Then read yesterday's date. Then perhaps learn to get some perspective. :rolleyes:

Hell, I don't even understand how the bit about the soundtrack being stolen is even relevant to what I said.

I swear I thought you said "Why can't Bleach be this funny", I had so much to say as to why "Bleach" couldn't be funny, or good. :P

I brought this up a few posts back, but seriously, I never thought I'd find a soundtrack that i really didn't like... As you may have guessed, I'm talking about Bleach. I swear alot of it sounds so flat and bland compared to the likes of the beautiflly orchestrated One Piece and Epic sounding Naruto (Shippuden especially.)

Anyway, I've gotten into Sgt. Frog and Ika Musume. Wait, I realized... why am I watching two anime with simular premises? Eh, I guess I'm just a sucker for pathetic anti-heroes invaders.

BTW, are there any recommendations to other anime or manga with the 'pathetic invader/Anti-hero' premise?

Edited by The Stinking Recolor

I brought this up a few posts back, but seriously, I never thought I'd find a soundtrack that i really didn't like... As you may have guessed, I'm talking about Bleach. I swear alot of it sounds so flat and bland compared to the likes of the beautiflly orchestrated One Piece and Epic sounding Naruto (Shippuden especially.)

Anyway, I've gotten into Sgt. Frog and Ika Musume. Wait, I realized... why am I watching two anime with simular premises? Eh, I guess I'm just a sucker for pathetic anti-heroes invaders.

BTW, are there any recommendations to other anime or manga with the 'pathetic invader/Anti-hero' premise?