Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Luckily the pacing in XY has been pretty good, they don't spend freaking 10, 15 or more episodes getting from one city to another anymore thank goodness.

Luckily the pacing in XY has been pretty good, they don't spend freaking 10, 15 or more episodes getting from one city to another anymore thank goodness.

I agree that the pacing has improved a little, I tend to get furstrated that they just take a long time to get to one city to another.

Nothing is worse than the span from Snowpoint City to Sunyshore City. 

At least we had palmer in twinleaf town, Lyra and Dawn's grand festival to tide us over but boy was that LONG

Hey so Sean came up with this really neat thought. What if the Pokemon anime franchise was forced to be given an ending at some point? I don't know if it'd ever happen like this, but I think this'd probably be the most interesting way to do it.

Pokemon: How It End?

ash gets old (around 40) and watches seinfield. pikachu is like 40 too but on life support because that's a lot of pokeyears. ash feeds him the same damn kibble every day. ash ponders why he never evolved pikachu into a raichu. pikachu detests ever being a raichu and wants to be a pichu instead, wishing and yearning for younger days. ash just continues to eat tofu while gary washes his car. if you're wondering why gary is washing the car it's because he lost the ponyta racing bet this week. haha, those rascals

flash over to misty who got to own a water farm where she plants water all over the place in hopes of a good harvest this season. not much success in it, but thirsty people (like brock) come by every day. he still hasn't got with anyone to relieve his terrible case of the hormones.

team rocket are disbanded as a gang but jessie and james and are now running a retirement home called "Tired Rocket". they are a happy duo (not a couple tho, they're obviously platonic partners) because they realized they should stop chasing pikachu and instead just take care of old people. meowth became a persian and is giovanni's favorite pet. you see, meowth deserves the good ending here

tracey is the new pokemon prof in pallett town and took his spot in honor of okaido-sama's passing. however he is a tyrant and has now started to begin a regime in palett containing the laws of his new world order starting with Kanto. From here on he will make everyone draw pictures of Lapras or they will perish under his feet. which is bad because he has a foot fetish which is also mentioned as law in his book "How To Train Your Lapras" page 212 section D where it says

anyways May, Dawn, Serena, whoever that one other girl was from BW all jumped into a trash compactor labelled "waifu compression machine". now max sells condensed waifu for anyone who needs the convenience of anime garbage at your doorstep

mewtwo is now a businessman and is a proud father of three kids; mewthree, mewfour, and giegue. recently though as he was flying in his spaceship, someone took his youngest kid. heard it was an older couple. it was also in the 1900s.

the end.

• Thumbs Up 6

that'd suck because dawn is the only good waifu :^))))))))

COUGH I forgot to ask, is there a full version of Be a Hero in the new movie?

Dogasu's Backpack has began a series of updates that covers the third Pokemon movie.

The first update in the series is a bizarre one: the [url=http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/movies/pm_lord_unknown_tower_entei/lord_unknown_tower_entei_mythical_third_movie.html]original story idea for the movie that involved...a real-world t-rex fossil coming to life. Okaaaaay...

And the second talks about the movie's accompanying short, "Pikachu & Pichu", and why it has been, for all intents and purposes, [url=http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/movies/pm_lord_unknown_tower_entei/lord_unknown_tower_entei_sakai_noriko.html]pseudo-banned in Japan since 2009.

This just in! Volcanion revealed to hate humans.

CoroCoro-Volcanion-2.jpg

"Ash used Tackle! It's not very effective..."

• Thumbs Up 2

OK, show of hands - how many of you believe that Volcanion's going to turn good at the end/was never bad to begin with, and just how much of an arsepull do you expect the inevitable climax to be?

I mean, I suppose this adds more to Volcanion besides "steam-powered weirdo what hangs around mountains", but I dunno if this also applies to Game!Volcanion or if it's something the writers thought up, and hating humans to the point of punching 'em sounds more appropriate for someone like Genesect. Besides, it's more cooler and interesting a motivation for it than "I wanna go home" fuck that movie seriously

wow the new mario & sonic rio poster looks great

Man I still haven't caught up with the show but this is exciting!

• Thumbs Up 5

Sounds pretty interesting. I'm pretty sure I've seen similar plots in other things (the whole "can't separate" thing), so I'm wondering how Pokémon will handle it. 

1 hour ago, Christmas Idol Luka said:

Sounds pretty interesting. I'm pretty sure I've seen similar plots in other things (the whole "can't separate" thing), so I'm wondering how Pokémon will handle it. 

It has been done a couple of times in the main anime, but never to this sort of scale.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/12/2016 at 5:39 PM, TheFatPanda said:

And the second talks about the movie's accompanying short, "Pikachu & Pichu", and why it has been, for all intents and purposes, [url=http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/movies/pm_lord_unknown_tower_entei/lord_unknown_tower_entei_sakai_noriko.html]pseudo-banned in Japan since 2009.

I'll admit I'm not too familiar how Japanese animation companies do things, but could they not simply, y'know, dub over Noriko's lines with a different narrator? Seems like a real simple solution to me.

16 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

I'll admit I'm not too familiar how Japanese animation companies do things, but could they not simply, y'know, dub over Noriko's lines with a different narrator? Seems like a real simple solution to me.

The narration wasn't the only thing she did, she did the opening and ending themes too.

1 hour ago, TheFatPanda said:

The narration wasn't the only thing she did, she did the opening and ending themes too.

*shrug* Replace those, too. No sense letting a film like that go to waste because of such an easy fix.

8 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

*shrug* Replace those, too. No sense letting a film like that go to waste because of such an easy fix.

Bare in the mind that one could just as easily say "why ban the Porygon episode when they could just easily remove the strobe effects?"

The Japanese media just don't handle things the same way we do :/

1 hour ago, TheFatPanda said:

Bare in the mind that one could just as easily say "why ban the Porygon episode when they could just easily remove the strobe effects?"

The Japanese media just don't handle things the same way we do :/

Yeah. In that regard, it's quite a shame, too.

• 4 weeks later...
On 28 December 2015 at 9:40 AM, precita said:

Just start at the beginning of the XY series. There's no point to jump into the middle of a region. Although try to watch the Japanese version if you can, the dub is sub par with lackluster music tracks and poor voices.

The DP saga had a similar problem, and is far better in the Japanese version.

The Japanese version is generally better for plot and dialogue quality, while the dub is good for nostalgia. Pokemon just isn't the same without Meowth's Brooklyn quips and snobby voiced Jessie and James. It would be nice if the dub upped the quality, but after two decades of pun riddled scripts and Looney Tunes paced soundtracks, I don't think they'll change their direction.

WOW! Final Performance is come?

%7Boption%7Dhttp://cs633920.vk.me/v633920699/2d1d5/lWnRykF9iKM.jpg

If Braxien not evolve, Serena dishonesty lose final, like May in Hoenn and Kanto!

WE DON'T WANT FAILURES! WE TIRED FROM FAILURES! WE WANT SERENA'S WINNING IN FINAL!!!! If Serena lose, Ash lose in League!

If they lose - I do hate and finally stop watching this anime forever! I showered house writer/director stinking garbage, and may even break my PokeMovies discs! Since even remember this season, which gave me hope for the epic finale, and then mocking spit in my face and soul at the same time, it will be very painful! And I'll just play the game, and wait in Russia will be delivered manga PokeSpe, but I'm close and approach the new season of anime! If Ash and Serena lose - it will be the most spoiled and mourning 20-year anniversary in some sort of franchise! Well, on the second place after another spoiled and mourning the anniversary - 20th anniversary of Archie Sonic the Hedgehog! God, hear my request - let Ash and Serena win.

Losses can have humanising effect, but they have become a bit tiring in just the tournaments.

I'd like to see one in different terms, what about some sort of unnegated loss against Team Rocket at one point, even if just a petty one like them stealing non-Pokemon goods. This would balance some contest wins I suppose.

On Sunday, February 21, 2016 at 7:00 AM, Mecha X said:

WOW! Final Performance is come?

%7Boption%7Dhttp://cs633920.vk.me/v633920699/2d1d5/lWnRykF9iKM.jpg

If Braxien not evolve, Serena dishonesty lose final, like May in Hoenn and Kanto!

WE DON'T WANT FAILURES! WE TIRED FROM FAILURES! WE WANT SERENA'S WINNING IN FINAL!!!! If Serena lose, Ash lose in League!

If they lose - I do hate and finally stop watching this anime forever! I showered house writer/director stinking garbage, and may even break my PokeMovies discs! Since even remember this season, which gave me hope for the epic finale, and then mocking spit in my face and soul at the same time, it will be very painful! And I'll just play the game, and wait in Russia will be delivered manga PokeSpe, but I'm close and approach the new season of anime! If Ash and Serena lose - it will be the most spoiled and mourning 20-year anniversary in some sort of franchise! Well, on the second place after another spoiled and mourning the anniversary - 20th anniversary of Archie Sonic the Hedgehog! God, hear my request - let Ash and Serena win.

Yur asking waaaay to much for a show that is a marketing tool for 6- 12 yr old children. 

I learned after Hoenn that Ash was not made to win leagues but to just market the games regions. And after DP was ( while very exciting) the series that i left the series. Though I did watch the mega evolution specials and pokemon origins.