Awoo.

Duke Nukem Forever

Patticus

And such a reliable source you linked us to as well :)

I was listening to them live so there wasn't a source as of yet. The podcast is up now so you can listen in.

http://wha-chow.podomatic.com/

Cranberry Juice is the one you want.

E: A text version for all you who won't enjoy random chatter.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2010/01/07/duke-nukem-forever-may-still-be-in-the-work/1

"Let me go ahead and tell you right now that I'm not allowed to talk about Duke Nukem Forever," St. John said when asked about it during a panel at the Music and Games Festival, according to PixelEnemy.

The crowd promptly erupted in groans, boos and hisses - but St. John was quick to calm them down and prevent a riot by suggesting that it was because he was bound by an ongoing confidentiality agreement.

"No, no, don't be disappointed, read between the lines… why am I not allowed to talk about it?" He said.

Edited by β∟۩∑F۝۞

• 4 weeks later...

I realise this is a bit of a revival, but...

Lol.

If you pre-order "Duke Nukem Forever" before 12pm on Wednesday 23rd of June 2010 we will guarantee that you will receive it by the release date of Friday 25th of June 2010, if you do not receive it we will compensate you with £3.00 on your shopto account.

Free money for everyone!

Also what BlueFox said. Basically it's time to start wondering about DNF again. The legacy continues?

Edited by SuperLink

• 2 months later...

I saw the "Wild West" part of that vid a while back. It turns out Duke's health is replaced with "Ego", which refills whenever he kills someone. Hey, beats the shit out of regenerating health, that's for sure.

Something about Duke's voice bothers me though. Doesn't really seem as badass as he used to be, though 10 years of dev hell would do that to anyone. Kinda funny how he bitches about the puzzles at every opportunity though.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed that the trailer's music was actually a song written for Dwelling of Duels a while back. Random tidbit for thought.

Edited by Blacklightning

• 2 months later...

BREAKING NEWS: 3D Realms and Take 2 Interactive Settle DNF Suit

Source: Shacknews

3D Realms/Apogee Ltd. and Take-Two have settled their differences and filed to dismiss their litigation over Duke Nukem Forever. "The above action, including any and all claims that were or could have been asserted by the parties, is dismissed with prejudice in accordance with the terms of the Settlement Agreement executed by the parties on May 14, 2010," reads the filing made May 28.

With the legal drama out of the way, the road to the long-awaited release of Duke Nukem Forever is apparently clear of legal hurdles--the game just needs to be finished. Take-Two, the publisher of the notoriously long-in-development shooter, initially sued 3D Realms/Apogee Ltd. after the studio let its development staff go, which Take-Two took to indicate the cancellation of Duke Nukem Forever. 3D Realms fired back with a counter-suit of its own, revealing that the game was still in development.

"Dismissed with prejudice" means that neither can file another suit on the same claim. Details on the "Settlement Agreement" were not available, though the US [Patent and] Trademark Office indicates that 3D Realms/Apogee Ltd. still owns the Duke Nukem property.

Download the Dismissal Filing off of Skydrive.

Sorry to break your thunder but that is horribly old.

Edited by Columind

Yeah this is old I read about that from Duke4.net last month but thanks for sharing anyway dude =)

Edited by Crash

This is looking great :)

Makes me wanna play Duke Nukem 3D on Live, but im stuck :lol:

This is looking great :)

Makes me wanna play Duke Nukem 3D on Live, but im stuck :lol:

Haha me too I stopped playing it cause i'm stuck on it god damn boss but out of ammo on the save i've got thats why :P

Edited by Crash

Haha me too I stopped playing it cause i'm stuck on it god damn boss but out of ammo on the save i've got thats why :P

I'm in the same perdicament, except I have very little health, and there two giant beasts with guns :P

Edit: looks like i got through it now, hellyeah! ;)

Edited by spartan-666

This game is possibly still alive? Is it's release date still listed as "When it's finished"?

Supposedly, it was actually, honest-to-god almost done when that mess with Take Two happened. I know that doesn't mean much, but people in the press had claimed to have played it behind closed doors.

Edited by Tornado

Considering the gameplay footage that's been leaked since the game went under, that doesn't really seem all that unlikely. Then again, that's what it seemed like around the time the first actual gameplay vids were revealed, you know, before they started switching engines repeatedly.

• 1 month later...

Err.. Borderlands is the game, the company is Gearbox Software xD

I hope it stays like in that video from April, though, that looks really fun.

Err.. Borderlands is the game, the company is Gearbox Software xD

I hope it stays like in that video from April, though, that looks really fun.

No thats what I mean, the borderlands studio is making the game.... although it would be quite epic if in their next DLC theres a claptrap trying to finish duke.

I'd like to be hopefull...but really?

This thing has more hype builded up that even makes Peter Molyneux go to shame!

Maybe it can be good, but there's no way that ANY game can get as up as the bar is for this game...

Borderlands was in my opinion a terribly sub-par game which did less good than harm for the studio who just broke out from spending most of their time doing ports and expansions of pre-existing games or co-developing shit games such as the incredibad Samba de Amigo for Wii.

I'd rather have someone else take the development over. If this is true then I have more faith in 3D Realms' input to the game than Gearbox's.

Borderlands was a great idea and a good game bogged down by a fuckton of design wonkiness, especially on the PC where it was pretty clear that you were playing a half-arsed console -> PC port. That said, it's one of the few times Gearbox has ever brought out something a bit awkward. Their history is quite lovely, from Opposing Force that did to expansion packs what Half-Life did to FPS as a genre to the rather excellently optimised and done Halo PC port, and numerous other good things. So basically, Gearbox is a great choice. Alongside Valve they are some of the most reliable FPS creators today.

I do hope this is true. Yeah yeah Duke's a running joke and all but all the plans we've seen of the game, the data leaks, etc... it was pretty clear they were continuing from where Duke 3D left off. And I don't mean crappy jokes and half-naked ladies with that, I'm talking about excellent design that at the time made Duke 3D feel utterly epic. And I have some blind faith that what 3D Realms did for that decade wasn't just starting over and over again. So yeah, I'd love to see Forever to appear. And it's safer in Gearbox's hands than in many other dev firm's.

• 3 weeks later...

Gearbox developing DNF and showing it at PAX is pretty much a no-brainer guarantee by this point. Jon St. John confirmed that he would be at the expo, and Gearbox said about a week ago that they have a massive surprise to unveil at the expo, and now this.

Fucking hell, excitement initiate.

EDIT: Oh shit you guys, 2K is going to put up their own stream later on today. If this isn't Duke Nukem Forever, I'll eat up my own hat. This is big shit going on.

Edited by Columind
  • Thumbs Up 1

To be honest, all this shit with Duke Nukem Forever's status changing from dead to alive at the blink of an eye every few months is getting really fucking redundant. I don't even see how people can be excited at this point.

Are there really as many Duke Nukem fans desperately waiting for this game as it's implied? For all we know this game could end up being unbelievably fucking mediocre if it actually does come out within the next few years.

Given that it's been in development hell, what, the past decade? The final product being a steaming pile of shit isn't too hard to believe.