Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

I know it probably wasn't intentional, but when you transformed into Super Sonic, I was reminded of the '06 teaser considering you did it around a huge group of enemies.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's pretty cool man! great job.

Maybe you could put in a voice clip at the rank animation, like what Adventure, A2 and Heroes all had. I think it would be cool, but hey, it's your call.

Or just use which is a lot more convenient than unpacking and repacking CPKs.

(Significant update to CPKREDIR coming soon, btw.)

Edited by Kokonoe

If I hear "BLAST AWAY" one more time, I think I will kill a baby. Now I see why Griffith took over then followed by Smith. Drummond's voice made me want to kill something. Smith FTW!

To be fair, Smith doesn't say actual words (like Drummond in Heroes and then Griffith in Unleashed) in actual levels, he just grunts, not counting the "yeah!" or whatever he says when you use a pulley. If Drummond was still Sonic's VA, I doubt he would be using those exact phrases and would probably just be doing grunts. Heck, chances are he would have improved if only slightly over the years, anyway.

More on-topic: The "fixing Sonic Generations FOREVER" mod looks amazing so far! The game is great as it is, but hey, these improvements sure aren't hurting anything.

Edited by ElementofChaos7
  • Thumbs Up 1

Introducing CPKREDIR

I've been working on some software that should simplify modding Sonic Generations.

It's a dll file that gets automatically loaded by the game, after you've performed a very easy manual patch on the exe.

The dll intercepts all CPK file read calls by Sonic Generations and redirects them to external files, if present. That means no more messing around with backing up and repacking CPKs!

In theory, at least. In practice, the software still has some bugs, so it'd be great if more people tested it and reported any errors. But make sure that your replacement files are valid and work with the game when using the traditional CPK repacking method, of course!

Anyway, here is the download. It has a readme that explains how to use it, but if you have any questions, ask away.

I give up, I have absolutely no idea how to use HxD with this thing. Or the Quick BMS thing either.

Using HxD can seem extremely intimidating at first. However, it's not actually so bad. Just make a backup of the original sonicgenerations.exe. Here's what to do:

1. Download and open up HxD
  2. When it's open, go to File-->Open
  3. Select sonicgenerations.exe
  4. Go to Search-->Replace
  5. Search for imagehlp.dll (make sure data type is text-string)
  6. Replace with cpkredir.dll
  7. Go to File-->Save and save it.
  8. That's it. Done.

So essentially it's just using find and replace like you would use in a Microsoft Word document and you don't need to worry about the hex involved.

QuickBMS is adminttely slightly more involved to use. QuickBMS basically unpacks an archive (in this case BB/2/3.cpk) To use this:

1. Open up QuickBMS.exe
  2. Select cpk.bms
  3. Create a new folder (call it something like "bb unpacked")
  4. Double click on either BB2.cpk or BB3.cpk (it depends on that mod used; the explanation that the mod gives should tell you which one to use)
  5. Open the new folder and click "save"
  6. You should see a long list open files in the command prompt window; it'll take a while to complete.
  7. When it's done, overwrite the original files with the files from the mod.
  8. Repack using CriPackedFileMaker.exe

Hopefully that was of some help.

Edit:BB2.cpk is about 3.3GB unpacked, so make sure you have enough storage space on your HDD.

Edited by Losphel

In fact, modern's rolling works much better than classic's rolling, since if I hold down while rolling as classic Sonic, he kind of... comes to a dead halt when on a slope. I have no idea what's up with that.

Hold Forward instead of down. You'll gain momentum as you should. If I knew how to hack inputs, I could fix it, but I have no idea where to start.

Edited by Lobotomy

Hey guys do you want make Sonic Generations much longer ?

That's what she said.

But seriously, in what way? Do you intend to mod in more levels, more missions, how?

• Thumbs Up 6

Using HxD can seem extremely intimidating at first. However, it's not actually so bad. Just make a backup of the original sonicgenerations.exe. Here's what to do:

1. Download and open up HxD
  2. When it's open, go to File-->Open
  3. Select sonicgenerations.exe
  4. Go to Search-->Replace
  5. Search for imagehlp.dll (make sure data type is text-string)
  6. Replace with cpkredir.dll
  7. Go to File-->Save and save it.
  8. That's it. Done.

So essentially it's just using find and replace like you would use in a Microsoft Word document and you don't need to worry about the hex involved.

QuickBMS is adminttely slightly more involved to use. QuickBMS basically unpacks an archive (in this case BB/2/3.cpk) To use this:

1. Open up QuickBMS.exe
  2. Select cpk.bms
  3. Create a new folder (call it something like "bb unpacked")
  4. Double click on either BB2.cpk or BB3.cpk (it depends on that mod used; the explanation that the mod gives should tell you which one to use)
  5. Open the new folder and click "save"
  6. You should see a long list open files in the command prompt window; it'll take a while to complete.
  7. When it's done, overwrite the original files with the files from the mod.
  8. Repack using CriPackedFileMaker.exe

Hopefully that was of some help.

Edit:BB2.cpk is about 3.3GB unpacked, so make sure you have enough storage space on your HDD.

Ok, so how exactly do you make a backup, and after I get the cpkredir.dll into sonicgenerations.exe, how do I get Lobotomy's file into sonic generations, if that makes sense?

Ok, so how exactly do you make a backup, and after I get the cpkredir.dll into sonicgenerations.exe, how do I get Lobotomy's file into sonic generations, if that makes sense?

If you want to back up a file, simply copy and paste it into another folder (it's a good idea to do that with any important files.)

If you want to use Lobotomy's file, extract the 7-zip file (http://www.7-zip.org if you don't have it) and I believe placing the 3 folders inside the ..\sonic generations\disk folder should make it work. I haven't tried it myself, but it worked for the Wave Ocean mod. If you're using cpkredir, you don't need to worry about QuickBMS.

If you want to back up a file, simply copy and paste it into another folder (it's a good idea to do that with any important files.)

If you want to use Lobotomy's file, extract the 7-zip file (http://www.7-zip.org if you don't have it) and I believe placing the 3 folders inside the ..\sonic generations\disk folder should make it work. I haven't tried it myself, but it worked for the Wave Ocean mod. If you're using cpkredir, you don't need to worry about QuickBMS.

Ok, I put all the files into the disk, but now it seems Generations doesnt want to run.

Good thing I have backups.

For those that think they can help, here's the image:

Link

After seeing this, I realize there are two problems:

1. Overall, he is scaled to be larger than Classic Sonic

2. His mouth is open, making his muzzle huge in the process

So I just need to figure out how to fix both of these... Its possible the muzzle has something to do with animations or something, I'll dig around the files and see. Any help is appreciated.

Still need help with this if anyone knows anything about re-scaling.

Ok, I put all the files into the disk, but now it seems Generations doesnt want to run.

Good thing I have backups.

Take screenshots of what you're doing.

OK I'll bite, what do you mean?

I think he's a bit too chatty. I wouldn't have him say any phrases for basic moves, stick with the grunts and whatnot. It is nice to hear that voice again, though. Nice work.

That's what she said.

But seriously. Is it bad that I've been coming back to SSMB just to see how these MODS turn out? I mean that may be the most interesting thing on this site since....well both Generation tournaments. S4E2 is not worth my time at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 1

Take screenshots of what you're doing.

I'll have screenshots posted by tommorrow, too sleepy atm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgnWc5FlbwU

New Hack !

Textures has been changed by me

and model is from Darkcatmax

So uh.. If you don't mind me asking...

What's the point?

We already have Sonic and Shadow, what's the point of making Shadow with Sonic's textures? It sounds so backwards.

havnt posted here in a while just been watching but guys we should try and make a jet the hawk mod