Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

Imma go off topic for a second. I know the usual crap recolor hacks are just a Sonic 1/2 with different palletes and different enemy and ring placements. but the reason I said "something really substantial" is because there are rare cases of when a recolor hack can blow peoples minds.

Case in point, the popular pana der hejhog:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQC48v9gRkk

Now back to the point here, If you can bring in ^^this^^ kind of creativity and substance to the table with your Generations hacking then please let us see it. but if its just shit recolors in a blue GHZ then go somewhere else.

Edited by Eternlo

Are you using the latest version? Are your CPK files clean, ie. the original ones and not some repacked ones that already include some mods? And how are you using CPKREDIR, in simple mode (modded files copied into "disk\bb*" folders) or advanced mode (using INI files to point to the modded Wave Ocean files)?

Well, I'm pretty sure my CPKs are clean, I'm using CPKREDIRv0.3, and I'm using Advanced Mode. I cleared out my Simple Mode folders as soon as v0.3 came out. I have only had trouble with Wave Ocean. CSA and the Shadow mod have worked, with the Shadow mod and the Fire Sonic mod being tested on v0.2.

Imma go off topic for a second. I know the usual crap recolor hacks are just a Sonic 1/2 with different palletes and different enemy and ring placements. but the reason I said "something really substantial" is because there are rare cases of when a recolor hack can blow peoples minds.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQC48v9gRkk

Now back to the point here, If you can bring in ^^this^^ kind of creativity and substance to the table with your Generations hacking then please let us see it. but if its just shit recolors in a blue GHZ then go somewhere else.

The first level act theme sounds familiar... What is it called?

Also I only do Advance sprite edits, on sheets. Though I stopped a while ago.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9804/sharo.png

But yes, we should get back on topic.

*insert video here*

Technically, Pana der hejhog ISN'T a recolor. A recolor is when the only changes are the colors. If other parts are changed, it's a minor edit.

However, I'm also guilty of making up a few recolors for Generations...

StrangeIsntIt.png

Look at the name, then look at a certain other mod I've done, then compare the color scheme to a certain Final Boss in a certain 32x game. Obvious parody is obvious.

The first level act theme sounds familiar... What is it called?

Also I only do Advance sprite edits, on sheets. Though I stopped a while ago.

http://img52.imagesh.../9804/sharo.png

But yes, we should get back on topic.

That first level theme sounds like a broken record remix of 'Door into the Summer' (AKA the Isolated Island theme from Knuckles Chaotix.)

Also, speaking of GBA sprite art...

http://i938.photobuc...uefinalWBG4.gif

Look at that sprite sheet. I made it about 6 years ago. It's really crappy compared to what I can do now, but those things were (and possibly still are) over-utilized in sprite comics, flash animations *coughsupermariobroszcough*, and possibly a few fan games. Those sprites have also been modified in various cases, some more notable than others *coughsmbzflamesoniccough* The craziest part is that one of the frames somehow ended up as an achievement icon in the XBLA Sonic 2 port. I wish I was kidding about that last one, but it really is true...

So yeah, I support the non-creation of stupid non-effort recolors. And the topic should be re-railed now. In a few hours, I'll probably be posting again with a new video.

Edited by JoeTE
  • Thumbs Up 3

You're a different case there Joe, You bring substance to the table if you were doing a recolor hack we'd fully support it because we would know it would be more then a multicolored sonic in a multicolored GHZ.

And I allways thought you were trying to do the UK Metal Sonic there...

...what LTDultimade said reminded me of an amazing recolor. Hyper Mysterious Shadonic 123311. so............

*runs*

You're a different case there Joe, You bring substance to the table if you were doing a recolor hack we'd fully support it because we would know it would be more then a multicolored sonic in a multicolored GHZ.

And I allways thought you were trying to do the UK Metal Sonic there...

1. Exactly. biggrin.png

2. It took me a second to realize what you meant by UK Metal Sonic. I guess my Hyper Metal Sonic does sorta look like the leader of the Brotherhood of Metallix. Strange, isn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuVp5MwwAJM&hd=1&t=15s

I told you guys I'd post with a video!

Damn, I never knew you were the creator of those Super Sonic sprites. Awesome work with that.

Anyway, what ever happened to the Silver mod?

EDIT: Oh now I see why it sounded so familiar, its Generations' collections room.

Edited by The True BlackHawk

So hey, I've been one of those lurking guests in this topic for ages! Downloaded CPKREDIR earlier and have been trying to get the Classic Sonic Adventures mod/the Advanced method as a whole to work, but it's refusing to do anything. The Basic method works perfectly; Wave Ocean and the fixed physics work fine with absolutely no problems loading them. I've extensively read the instructions; tried using the files provided as-is (with the additional files downloaded as instructed), renaming the directory while changing all mentions of CSA in the .ini files and just redownloading the program, but have had no luck getting it to work. Any sort of help would be appreciated!

Also, props to the team working on porting the Unleashed HD levels. Only have the PS2/Wii version, so I'm really looking forward to it!

• Thumbs Up 1

So, Anyone considering taking up on fixing the Silver mod? what id like to see would be a Sonic Riders Mod for Generations because if it was possible in Sonic Adventure DX then i think it would be possible in Sonic Generations.

There is actually this mission:

Take that mission and expand on it and you got your riders mod.

[media=]

true but i mean actual model and extreme gear...

You'd have to edit every stage in the game for that to even work fluently.

Again, it would be much easier to use the Super Sonic Path or something.

Downloaded CPKREDIR earlier and have been trying to get the Classic Sonic Adventures mod/the Advanced method as a whole to work, but it's refusing to do anything. The Basic method works perfectly; Wave Ocean and the fixed physics work fine with absolutely no problems loading them. I've extensively read the instructions; tried using the files provided as-is (with the additional files downloaded as instructed), renaming the directory while changing all mentions of CSA in the .ini files and just redownloading the program, but have had no luck getting it to work. Any sort of help would be appreciated!

The part that I underlined sounds fishy. I guess the paths in your ini files are wrong. You should double-check them.

If you unzip the complete CPKREDIR package into Sonic Generations' folder, overwriting any existing files, then you'll get a "mods" subfolder there. Which in turn contains a "CSA" subfolder, where you have to place Dario's fixed .ar.00 files. This way, there's no need to change any ini settings or rename any files or folders, everything is already set up correctly.

Edited by Korama

The part that I underlined sounds fishy. I guess the paths in your ini files are wrong. You should double-check them.

If you unzip the complete CPKREDIR package into Sonic Generations' folder, overwriting any existing files, then you'll get a "mods" subfolder there. Which in turn contains a "CSA" subfolder, where you have to place Dario's fixed .ar.00 files. This way, there's no need to change any ini settings or rename any files or folders, everything is already set up correctly.

Oh, I know that's the place to put them, since it's pretty clear bb.ini's relative to the content (eg. bb3.ini will add #Sonic.ar.00) make it so the fixed files would automatically be added into the game. What I meant was changing the subfolder name to something else (eg. CSA to C-Mswap), and then applying that subfolder name into the .ini files so that it would read from the new destination. I guess to clear up some confusion, I'll provide some screenshots of the folders and their respective .ini files to see if I'm doing this right;

http://i75.photobuck...erations1-3.png - sonic generations

http://i75.photobuck...enerations2.png - sonic generations\cpkredir03

http://i75.photobuck...enerations3.png - sonic generations\cpkredir03\mods

http://i75.photobuck...enerations4.png - sonic generations\cpkredir03\mods\CSA

Good thinking about the screenshots.

To quote the readme: To change certain aspects of CPKREDIR's operation, you can place an INI file

next to cpkredir.dll (exact same path and file name, but with ".ini" extension

instead of ".dll").

You've got your cpkredir.ini in a subfolder instead of the same folder as cpkredir.dll. ;)

Well, blast! Moved that and changed it so the modDB.ini's location is 'cpkredir03\mods\modsDB.ini' instead, and now it's working perfectly. I feel a bit of a fool for missing just that one important line.

Thank you so much for the help! ... and this great little modding tool, of couse.

Edited by t0ms0nic

You're welcome.

By the way, (v0.31) which fixes a bug that manifests itself with some CPKs (mainly the sound ones).

Well, I'm pretty sure my CPKs are clean, I'm using CPKREDIRv0.3, and I'm using Advanced Mode. I cleared out my Simple Mode folders as soon as v0.3 came out. I have only had trouble with Wave Ocean. CSA and the Shadow mod have worked, with the Shadow mod and the Fire Sonic mod being tested on v0.2.

Sorry, I totally missed this post. Well, if everything works but Wave Ocean, then I'd guess the trouble lies there. Maybe some files are missing or some settings are wrong. Try downloading it again (I think Melpontro even released a little update). Or maybe it's the bug that v0.31 fixed (as unlikely as that may be).

Hey guys.

I'm trying to learn to do custom animations, and I've made some progress. I got the Niftools plugin for 3dsMax, got the script for importing the models, got hdxcmd for loading animations, etc. Now, I'm going to learn to animate next, but I need to know what this "Havok Exporter" is I've been hearing about. Where can I get it?

true but i mean actual model and extreme gear...

Guys missed when I said "expand on it", huh? I meant start with this as a base and work on it.