Awoo.

Sonic Generations Impressions, Help, & Discussion Topic

Agent York

If it matters to anyone, I would like to know where you guys are on percentage completion? I currently have the full Genesis Era at 100%. I think the game is quite a fun game, to me it feels like an Add-On to Unleashed due to how little story there is. but that's just fine, they are awesome throwback levels and look beautiful. They controls are also very good!

I've beaten the game with Green Hill, City Escape and Crisis City at 100%. I've gotten pretty dang far in one day.

So while the change music feature is pretty sweet does anyone know how to use the music from your flash drive? I really wanna play his world live and learn remix for time eater.

So while the change music feature is pretty sweet does anyone know how to use the music from your flash drive? I really wanna play his world live and learn remix for time eater.

(360 version) Just stick it in the hole. Then smack the Dashboard button, wiggle over to the media tab and I think you can hopefully figure out the rest.

That must have been the Shadow glitch I ran into as well...though I couldn't for the life of me find him. It was a decent way to get 999 rings/9 lives mind you...

Well, I just beat the story (as I type this, the credits are rolling) and I have to say, as expected, INCREDIBLE!! I think it is the best 3d Sonic game in all of Sonic's history, to be honest. Classic Sonic was great as expected (even with the lack of good rolling, the Turbo-Spin dash makes more then up for it in gameplay), but I actually liked Modern Sonic a little more. Green Hill, while linear, was good, but it started getting platforming heavy by the 2d sections of Chemical Plant, and then.....well, can you say, "3d platforming heaven"?. Pretty much every Modern level after is like SSH and SS, plenty of platforming and no "boost to win" here.

The Modern and Classic levels started getting difficult in a natural way, and not because they were getting too hectic to react to. No, it's because the PLATFORMING was getting difficult. Planet Wisp is no picnic for Modern or for Classic, and I found myself taking damage/dying often from the precise tree-platforming, spikes and sawblades.

The story, while basic, is very good, and does not involve lame puns like Colours did. The cutscenes are dialogue-based, and while some of the dialogue felt awkward to me, overall, it was a big improvement. The buildup was pretty good to, you saw the Time Eater every now and then, and the anticipation builds until you finally fight him.

I will write more later as I start doing more missions and replaying stuff, but as of now, the game is INCREDIBLE!! 9/10!

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 2

How do you play the Amy Chemical Plant mission? I gave up on it after failing to do the very first jump. I do not get this challenge

Edited by SpookyMulder.classic

I'm feeling the game. I beat Crisis City, and I have all the missions completed up to Seaside Hill.

I'll give more indepth feeling later. I haven't ate yet lol, I'll be back.

*long story*

That was the best detail for a night I've ever read. People give him the GOLD STAR already!

• Thumbs Up 2

Talking about water, are there any 3D water segment? at last in seaside hill?

PD: awesome story VizardJeffhog :D

• Thumbs Up 1

I was so happy when I saw that more than just the HUBs filled with colour. I beat all the Chemical Plant missions and suddenly, the girders and platforms started filling up, I was like "YES!". I didn't give SEGA enough credit with this game.

After finally finding the middle path in Sky Sanctuary, I finally unlocked the Twin-Spin attack, so I'm now playing Sonic 3 style.

I'm loving this game, even though I seem to not be that great in the later... 2/3 of the game. I'm sure I'll improve at some point, until then, this is one incredible package.

But I was wondering, I forgot what Green Hill unlocks, but with Chemical Plant, getting all the red stars gives you a skill for breathing longer underwater, and for Sky Sanctuary you get the Twin-Spin (insta-shield) attack... has anyone who's gotten all red rings in other (Classic) stages know what they unlocked for doing so? If anything.

Talking about water, are there any 3D water segment? at last in seaside hill?

No.

To be fair, 3D water segments would be a nightmare to play.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, since this is apparently the help topic too, I'll throw this out there.

'Time Attacker: Play Ranking Attack on all stages.'

It's an achievement/trophy. Does that mean you have to RANK on the LEADERBOARDS, or am I missing something? I hope I'm interpreting this wrong.

Edited by DC111

From what I have played.

Seaside Hill is the best Hill. Seriously. The amount of variety in one stage is incredible. The number of paths are incredible. You can skip the first half of the 2D section by simply running on water under the first loop and then staying in bounds you can skip large portions of others if you are amazing. There are so many alternate paths in the level it's mind boggling. I'm only up to Modern City Escape, but hell Seaside Hill is so far the best standout.

Other honorable mentions: Sky Sanctuary for how explorable it is and also multipath prone. Speed Highway for being the best boost to win experience I've had. S Ranked that fucker on the first try, and was grinning like a school girl. Still need to explore that one more. Classic side I think Sky Sanctuary and Seaside Hill again are the stand outs.

Only real duds so far were Green Hill and Modern Chemical Plant. Crisis City was a let down after Seaside Hill though.

Some missions are really fun. The Cream ones I have had a blast playing.

Edited by Tiller

Just been blazing through Green Hill and Chemical Plant. =D I love the design, controls, music, and story so far.

This is going to be a fun review to write. Hope everyone is having a great time playing Generations.

*I swear I won't stay up all night ^^;

Not got Generations yet, but I've seen enough to have a pre-emptive prediction on what I'll think of the game (which actually works 99% of the time).

From the looks of things (and only giving 3D comparisons), I'll like this more than the Adventures (not hard nowadays, admittedly. :/), and more than Colours, but not quite as much as Unleashed, and nowhere near as much as Heroes. The main issue I foresee is there being not enough meat as opposed to any sort of control issue (I'm looking at you, SatSR).

We'll find out what I think in practicality after Friday. :3

Aha! I got all the red stars on Classic Rooftop Run and was treated to the funniest, and most silly skill of them all:

Long Spin Dash: Your Spin Dash will carry you further.

Was that needed? Did they think the Spin Dash was underpowered somehow?

Ahh well, looking forward to seeing what the other unlockable skills are~

so... a few hours into the game and I run into this (possible spoilers)

recorded by yours truly

Yep. I ran into that same glitch. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Lol

It only happened to me once though-- I had to restart the battle.

By the way. Does any one know how to do TRICKS with Classic Sonic? I notice every once in awhile when I bounce off enemies, he'll pose in the air like Modern Sonic does. Does this just happen randomly? Or is there some kind of input?

To be honest the Shadow fight made no sense what so ever. Why did I have to get the shiny thing and why am I headbutting purple meteors?

Why are Red Rings such a bitch to get....holy fuck...I'm haven't even beaten the game yet or played Rooftop Run or Planet Wisp.

But I was wondering, I forgot what Green Hill unlocks, but with Chemical Plant, getting all the red stars gives you a skill for breathing longer underwater, and for Sky Sanctuary you get the Twin-Spin (insta-shield) attack... has anyone who's gotten all red rings in other (Classic) stages know what they unlocked for doing so? If anything.

While in the skype chat, we are helping everyone find red rings. So here is a list of where you can get abilities at with red rings or beating certain challenges:

Red Ring Unlockables:

Classic:

Green Hill Zone: Treasure Scanner - Allows you to see hidden items and springs.

Chemical Plant Zone: Breath Holder - Stay Underwater longer.

-Mission 3: Aqua Shield – Enables a Bound Jump to help get some air.

Sky Sanctuary Zone: Twin-Spin Attack - Allows you to attack in mid-jump.

Speed Highway: Power Sneakers - Run Faster, Plain and simple.

City Escape: Boardmaster – Hop on a skateboard whenever you want.

-Mission 2: Lightning Shield – Enables the Lightning Shield

Seaside Hill: Invincible Start – Start the stage with temporary Invincibility

Modern:

Green Hill Zone: Acceleration - Increases speed when starting to run.

-Mission 5: Boost gauge up - Extend the length of your boost gauge.

Chemical Plant Zone: Smasher Bonus - Breaking enemies, etc. fills boost gauge.

Sky Sanctuary Zone: Gauge Rebooter - Begin with full boost gauge upon restart.

Speed Highway: Auto-Gauge - Boost Gauge fills automatically over time.

City Escape: Quick Slide - Enables Quick Step when on a skateboard.

Seaside Hill: Direct Jump – Increases the speed of your wall jumps.

Crisis City: Serial Homing - This allows you to use homing attack faster.

Rooftop Run: Trick Master - The ability to perform Quick Tricks

Statue Codes:

200-078: Egg Chaser

Edited by DawningWolf
  • Thumbs Up 4

City Escape gives you a portable skateboard, Crisis City allows you to push blocks faster and Planet Wisp gives Classic the Homing Attack. That's all I have right now.

Edited by Solofiveo

Found another. Modern Rooftop Run gives you Trick Master. It makes your normal tricks about as fast as quick tricks. I did a test on that rainbow ring in Green Hill after the chomper. Normally, you can pull a 5 trick combo then a finish. With Trick Master, you can do an 8 trick combo then a finish.