Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Official Spoiler Topic

Voyant

Mm, perhaps. But SA1's dub seems to have been retconned in subsequent games, with future dubs just going along with the Japanese story and having Eggman jovially refer to himself as such without the slightest hint of it being a reappropriated insult. Considering the doctor was always naming things after eggs even in the older games, this would make more sense than the SA1 English dub's explanation anyway.

I just hope they handle it better than "He used to be Robotnik but he changed to Eggman", since that's really not what happened, and all. :/ Ah well, we'll see.

EDIT: Also, yes! Having them casually use "Ivo" would be pretty sweet, and with these new writers, I wouldn't be surprised if Eggman's first name finally got an in-game mention.

His official surname is Robotnik though as confirmed by Sa2 with his grandfather, so him being called Robotnik isn't really all that false, its just a retcon to the original Japanese story.

Why how bad could it be?

*listens to Remix*

Wow... It sounds as if all the energy and emotion was stripped away. What the hell?

You're pathetic. At least they bothered to keep the guitars and Johnny!

The K-Klub remix, on the other hand...

His official surname is Robotnik though as confirmed by Sa2 with his grandfather, so him being called Robotnik isn't really all that false, its just a retcon to the original Japanese story.

Ah, but I never said it would be false. Read my post closer- I'm fine with acknowledging the name Robotnik, and even support it getting a mention! But I'm wary of them only calling classic Eggman that, as if implying modern Eggman changed his name or something.

I hope that's not the case, is what I'm saying.

Edited by Dr. Mechano

Old Video is very very Old thats from Tokyo Game Show from a live show done by Tomoya Ohtani and Jun Senoue.

Ah. Never knew.

Re: Modern City Escape

You know, at first I was sad because I didn't have enough thumbs to show approval, but interestingly enough, this version managed to make multiple hands grow out of my ears and sprout two new sets of arms underneath my ribcage, allowing me to give this song at least 6 thumbs up.

My toes helped, too.

In case you don't speak hyperbole: I like this remix.

Edited by Indigo Generations

Holy shit, Time Eater is the most epic thing I heard since Solaris boss fight music [phase 1 and 2]! I couldn't even imagine Sonicteam are still capable of making something THAT EPIC! Amazing. Just amazing.

http://narod.ru/disk...ax_000.wav.html

Damn I had chills down my spine listening to this and that means A LOT!

Edited by ArtFenix

Ah, but I never said it would be false. Read my post closer- I'm fine with acknowledging the name Robotnik, and even support it getting a mention! But I'm wary of them only calling classic Eggman that, as if implying modern Eggman changed his name or something.

I hope that's not the case, is what I'm saying.

Or Eggman just became a good sport about his nickname, and just decided to accept it?

I dunno I see no other way to differentiate them, everyone associates Classic eggman with the name robotnik while hes commonly known an Eggman in the modern times/

Holy shit, Time Eater is the most epic thing I heard since Solaris boss fight music [phase 1 and 2]! I couldn't even imagine Sonicteam are still capable of making something THAT EPIC! Amazing. Just amazing.

EVERYTHING'S IN RUSSIAN!!!!

WHAT DO I DO?!

Damn I had chills down my spine listening to this and that means A LOT!

Ugh, I appreciate everything you're doing, and I understand you're busy, but if you can I would appreciate an Mp3 because my computer doesn't support Wavv.

Edited by Shadic93

I know exactly what you mean. *sniff*

Google Translate, bro.

Got it! IT'S 23 MEGS OH GOSH WHAT

While it doesn't seem likely to happen, I think it'd be cool for characters to start calling Eggman "Ivo" on a regular basis. Naturally "Eggman" is his supervillain title, but using his first name feels like a nice way to show that the characters have known Eggman long enough to get a little more personal with him, despite interacting with him mostly through fighting against him. It also distinguishes him from the other two known members of his family better than simply refering to him as Robotnik.