Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Official Spoiler Topic

Voyant

Please be Dr. Robotnik..please be Dr. Robotnik...

Anyways, the ending was awesome, also looking forward to the two Robotniks. Also, did Eggman and Classic Robotnik/Eggman team-up?

Please be Dr. Robotnik..please be Dr. Robotnik...

Anyways, the ending was awesome, also looking forward to the two Robotniks. Also, did Eggman and Classic Robotnik/Eggman team-up?

Well, classic Eggman and modern Eggman both have "Robotnik" as their real name, since they're the same person. However, in the Japanese continuity, the doctor's always used the "Eggman" name ever since the beginning of his criminal career, rather than the western dub of SA1's implication that Eggman was a name Sonic made up.

Acknowledging his name is Robotnik is fine, but it'd be a continuity mess if only classic Eggman were referred to that way, since both characters are equally Eggman and Robotnik, sharing their "supervillain name" of Eggman and their real surname of Robotnik, respectively.

I have well and truly been spoilt. I've viewed everything so far and now I'm just screwed. But nonetheless, I love all of this. It's perfect!

Well, classic Eggman and modern Eggman both have "Robotnik" as their real name, since they're the same person. However, in the Japanese continuity, the doctor's always used the "Eggman" name ever since the beginning of his criminal career, rather than the western dub of SA1's implication that Eggman was a name Sonic made up.

Acknowledging his name is Robotnik is fine, but it'd be a continuity mess if only classic Eggman were referred to that way, since both characters are equally Eggman and Robotnik, sharing their "supervillain name" of Eggman and their real surname of Robotnik, respectively.

It's nice that they're giving Robotnik a mention, but what would really kill me is if the two Eggmans referred to each other casually as Ivo.

Well, it'd be a mess if it was like that in the Japanese dialogue. If I'm not mistaken, each language has a slightly different script.

Otherwise, I agree with you.

Mm, perhaps. But SA1's dub seems to have been retconned in subsequent games, with future dubs just going along with the Japanese story and having Eggman jovially refer to himself as such without the slightest hint of it being a reappropriated insult. Considering the doctor was always naming things after eggs even in the older games, this would make more sense than the SA1 English dub's explanation anyway.

I just hope they handle it better than "He used to be Robotnik but he changed to Eggman", since that's really not what happened, and all. :/ Ah well, we'll see.

EDIT: Also, yes! Having them casually use "Ivo" would be pretty sweet, and with these new writers, I wouldn't be surprised if Eggman's first name finally got an in-game mention.

Edited by Dr. Mechano

I still think they should refer to him as Dr Scramblepoopy from now on. It would really please the fanbase.

Act 1 destroys this in every way possible. But it's still pretty good.

I think both are equally amazing in their own ways personally. Music is so subjective to be honest.

Act 1 destroys this in every way possible. But it's still pretty good.

Hahaha, I don't agree with that at all whatsoever. Crisis City Act 2 is amazing and Act 1 is just okay.

Out of everything I've heard so far this is easily my favorite song. Stays true to the original and it's great.

Of course preferences are preferences. Everything pretty good. I wouldn't say anything 'destroys' anything.

Edited by Chooch

I don't approve of this mix.

Why how bad could it be?

*listens to Remix*

Wow... It sounds as if all the energy and emotion was stripped away. What the hell?

Sega gonna be so mad. tongue.png

Well, the game comes out in a few days. I don't think at this point it can be helped.

Now, if this was a month before the release date....

• Thumbs Up 1