Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Official Spoiler Topic

Voyant

You know what? I pretty much accepted that Colors and Generations are now 2 halves up the same whole, Colors is all lighthearted and good times are had, and its in Generations where shit REALLY starts ramping up.

I only wish Unleashed was part of that equation, therefore cementing the trilogy.

Eh, its not really that amazing of a spoiler. Not much of an outlandish plot point either.

Still here I am, reading this thread at 2am, so it can't be that bad.

Something just occurred to me...

The screenshot before of both the Super Sonics, that's kind of an indication that they'll be featuring in the final boss battle between the two Eggheads. HOWEVER, we've also had a lot of indications that they may also be playable in levels due to all the hackery that people like JacktheInfinite have been getting down to.

Do you guys think, for the first time since Sonic 3, this game could have Super Sonic(s) playable in the final boss stage AND the regular levels? If this would the case, "fangasm" would be a total understatement as to what I would feel.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

It breaks my heart to not see Big anywhere in sight...

Agreed. I really like that Shadow and Silver were included in the end but what about Big? (Also disappointed with no Omega but I can understand him not coming to a party for someone other than Shadow or Rouge)

Something just occurred to me...

The screenshot before of both the Super Sonics, that's kind of an indication that they'll be featuring in the final boss battle between the two Eggheads. HOWEVER, we've also had a lot of indications that they may also be playable in levels due to all the hackery that people like JacktheInfinite have been getting down to.

Do you guys think, for the first time since Sonic 3, this game could have Super Sonic(s) playable in the final boss stage AND the regular levels? If this would the case, "fangasm" would be a total understatement as to what I would feel.

I'd say that's the best comprimise, rather than forsaking one for the other: Super Sonic final bosses are pretty much a staple of 3D games, but why can't we play as him in the levels as well?

Also do their models look different from their in-game ones?

I bet the Colors writers were watching us the whole time biting at them...and they been like....

"Hehehe....these guys don't know what they are in for...biggrin.png "

DAMN YOU COLORS WRITERS FOR BEING SO AWESOME!! DAMN YOUUUUU!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd say that's the best comprimise, rather than forsaking one for the other: Super Sonic final bosses are pretty much a staple of 3D games, but why can't we play as him in the levels as well?

Also do their models look different from their in-game ones?

You can play as Super Sonic in all the Sonic Colors levels not just the boss.

The cutscene with Super Sonics is not CG. I haven't seen a single CG cutscene in the folder I found those. And the cutscene with Tails and Sonic in Chemical Plant wasn't there as well. So all other cutscenes are scripted. These ones [screenshots of which I uploaded] must be scripted too since they are not in HD. Guess we have to wait until someone who can play the game captures the other cutscenes.

The cutscene with Super Sonics is not CG. I haven't seen a single CG cutscene in the folder I found those. And the cutscene with Tails and Sonic in Chemical Plant wasn't there as well. So all other cutscenes are scripted. These ones [screenshots of which I uploaded] must be scripted too since they are not in HD. Guess we have to wait until someone who can play the game captures the other cutscenes.

So you've SEEN the cutscenes? Tell me, were you impressed with the writing? :P

You think you feel silly? Imagine Diogenes! He was vehemently against the idea that Sonic Colors would be connected to Generation's plot as anything more than a throwaway reference
Funny enough, I don't feel silly. I rejected the idea based on a lack of evidence, which I still believe was the proper response, so I did nothing wrong. That's the power of relying on evidence and acknowledging that new evidence may lead to new conclusions.

Plus it didn't turn out to be one of the completely ridiculous and baseless theories like the Time Eater being created from the wisp energy hitting the moon.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait... just realised...

STILL no classic Knuckles or Amy?

Not worth my money.

Wow.

Anyway...

I'm kind of curious about what the boss music will be, and that arena does seem kind of reminiscent of the realm where the Special Stages take place. I'm certain that I'll be wrong on this, but wouldn't it be keen if the final boss took place in the Special Stage, pulling features from the bonus levels of all of the major games? I'd have no reason to complain about it. Heck, an epic mix of a Special Stage medley would be most welcome.

So you've SEEN the cutscenes? Tell me, were you impressed with the writing? tongue.png

The player does not play with sound xD. Yeah, fucking disappointing xD.

But seeing Eggman's machine Sonic is as cheerful as in Colors before all boss battles. That sucks.

But seeing Eggman's machine Sonic is as cheerful as in Colors before all boss battles. That sucks.

Wait, why does it suck?!

Cheerful, what do you mean by cheerful? What, as in he wasn't scowling or quivering with fear? I hardly see that as a problem. Well, you never know, he might say "Heh, I thought it might have been you"

Edited by Scar

You guys are gonna hate me but I have SG waiting for me at my local Best Buy. Won't be picking it up till about 5. If everything hasn't been spoiled by that time I'll upload some stuff later tonight.

Enough with the macros. Actually you know what, I just remembered our policy on this kind of shit! Free strikes for all offenders.

I just like this one.

ev101sfdsnapshot0006201.jpg

Almost everything else is in .CPK format and I don't know a thing about how to open such a type of files.

Oh look, it's Dark Queen from Sonic and the Black Knight.

You guys are gonna hate me but I have SG waiting for me at my local Best Buy. Won't be picking it up till about 5. If everything hasn't been spoiled by that time I'll upload some stuff later tonight.

What state you live in? I know (as they said in the news on the main page) around Texas and stuff, Best Buys there are getting it early..