Awoo.

Sonaze Ship-Tease

watako

One of the things that make me not support Sonaze as much as SonAmy, is the fact that Blaze is a princess. She has a ton of responsibilities, and I've never been a fan of putting Sonic together with someone who has as much responsibility as Blaze. Take Sonic's love for freedom & adventure, couple that in with Blaze's responsibilities, and the fact that they live int two separate dimensions, it's not a couple I could see lasting long.

Hell, one of the few reasons why I think SonAmy could last longer than Sonaze, is the fact that Amy doesn't have the responsibilities Blaze does. But that's just me.

I see it the totally opposite. I think part of the reason Amy is a bad match for Sonic is because she would try to tie Sonic down & want him to live with her at home if they stayed together. While Blaze may have responsibilities, I don't think they hold her down as much as it would seem. and feel Blaze is far more adventurous and easy going then Amy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I see it the totally opposite. I think part of the reason Amy is a bad match for Sonic is because she would try to tie Sonic down & want him to live with her at home if they stayed together. While Blaze may have responsibilities, I don't think they hold her down as much as it would seem. and feel Blaze is far more adventurous and easy going then Amy.

Except Amy has shown in Sonic games that she does have a love for adventure. I don't see Amy tying down Sonic, completely taking away his freedom. On top of that, it's not like Blaze has a choice, given the fact that she's a princess. If they were to be "together forever," Sonic would be held down more, then he would be if he was with Amy. But again, that's just me. I don't think Sonaze is a terrible pairing, but there's just too much in the way for me to think it can work. Especially work long-term.

• Thumbs Up 2

Except Amy has shown in Sonic games that she does have a love for adventure. I don't see Amy tying down Sonic, completely taking away his freedom. On top of that, it's not like Blaze has a choice, given the fact that she's a princess. If they were to be "together forever," Sonic would be held down more, then he would be if he was with Amy. But again, that's just me. I don't think Sonaze is a terrible pairing, but there's just too much in the way for me to think it can work. Especially work long-term.

Maybe I'm not remembering enough of the games, but I never felt Amy was big on adventure outside of when it involved helping her friends and always looking for Sonic to harass. Also being a princess doesn't always mean much in cartoon media, we already seen Blaze hanging out in Sonic's dimension multiple times just because she can and doing whatever she feels like. it is possible for a couple to keep a loyal relationship going even if they spend a lot of time apart IMO.

Maybe I'm not remembering enough of the games, but I never felt Amy was big on adventure outside of when it involved helping her friends and always looking for Sonic to harass. Also being a princess doesn't always mean much in cartoon media, we already seen Blaze hanging out in Sonic's dimension multiple times just because she can and doing whatever she feels like. it is possible for a couple to keep a loyal relationship going even if they spend a lot of time apart IMO.

In SA1, Amy was reminiscing her adventures with Sonic saying "I miss the good ol' days, having Sonic around. Ahh... chasing bad guys and blowing them away, hee hee!" That, and in Sonic Shuffle (which, take it for what you will), Amy said her dream was to be like Sonic. So I don't think it's far out there that she wants a life similar to Sonic.

And while that's true, I think Sonic getting together with a character who's royalty, and staying together with that person long-term, as a bit against his character, because it's not like Sonic can be together with Blaze forever, and remain %100 free, like he is now. 

Edited by D.H
  • Thumbs Up 1

It seems a bit weird to me to worry about the consequences of long-term relationships between Sonic characters, considering Sega's never going to let them grow up or anything.

• Thumbs Up 3

It seems a bit weird to me to worry about the consequences of long-term relationships between Sonic characters, considering Sega's never going to let them grow up or anything.

Thats why I dont ship. Its pretty much a waste of time sense they aren't gonna be together or even grow up. So why bother? 

And while that's true, I think Sonic getting together with a character who's royalty, and staying together with that person long-term, as a bit against his character, because it's not like Sonic can be together with Blaze forever, and remain %100 free, like he is now. 

To be honest, I think it's against his character to get together with anybody. I don't see how getting together with Amy is more true to his character then with Blaze would be.

• Thumbs Up 1

True, but then again, it's a bit weird to be discussing how a couple makes sense/doesn't make sense, considering none of them are ever going to get together. :V

To be honest, I think it's against his character to get together with anybody. I don't see how getting together with Amy is more true to his character then with Blaze would be.

Never said it was. To be honest, I agree that it's against Sonic's character to get together with anyone, but I just wanted to add some discussion to the topic. 

Edited by D.H
  • Thumbs Up 1

Considering we are talking about fan shipping at all. I think that also includes fictional fan concept futures that'll never happen. We all know that SEGA doesn't support any of the main cast getting together themselves.

I'm not a shipper when it comes to the Sonic series, but it's kinda obvious that Blaze and Sonic have a deep respect for each other and if this was a series where the characters aged and developed they might fall in love and maybe become a couple, but this isn't one of those series so talking about what character goes with who and why they should stay together is a waste of time and energy. In the Sonic series Blaze and Sonic have warriors/heroes respect for each other and that is all.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know why people deride shipping discussion on the basis of it being a waste of time since Sega isn't intending for the franchise to go that direction. Do you guys tell that to classic gameplay fans?

• Thumbs Up 7

I don't know why people deride shipping discussion on the basis of it being a waste of time since Sega isn't intending for the franchise to go that direction. Do you guys tell that to classic gameplay fans?

Except they are still promsing new Sonic games to have classic gameplay. However, I see your point and I apologise. 

They've promised that for years and they've not delivered on it for whatever reason; the likelihood of a game with equivalent gameplay physics dwindles every day regardless of what Sega says.

And there's no need to apologize. xP

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/20/2015 at 2:54 PM, Diogenes said:

I'm not really into shipping, but Sonic and Blaze is something I could potentially see working. There's a nice contrast in their personalities that makes it interesting for them to interact with each other, even if its just kept platonic. With the right writing direction, I could see them turned into an interesting couple. If nothing else, I feel like there's more natural chemistry between them than between Sonic and Amy.

Indeed,  and it's one that goes beyond simply just "opposites attract" as well. Though ironically enough,  they are kind of AUs of one another. 

That said,  they enough similarity coupled with enough separating them in difference,  not to mention how it feels more natural between them to boot too compared to a lot of other ships that are constantly hinted at ad nasuem.