Awoo.

Sonaze Ship-Tease

watako

The music that is playing is a instrumentally remix song called  "You're My Hero."

Is Sega trying to hint something with Blaze's relationship with Sonic?

The same music is used in Cream's helper mission. Are you implying that Sonic wants a threesome with an underaged rabbit?

Why is there a misson of Sonic chasing after Blaze?

Because they had to bring in the spike gimmick somehow, and the gimmick race was already taken up by Amy's Sky Sanctuary mission. Plus doing a race with the spike Wisp would be finicky as all hell.

• Thumbs Up 1

So is this about all ship-teases in general, or just Sonaze ones?  That seems weirdly specific.

Either way, Sonaze is blegh.  Sonamy is the only way to go.

The same music is used in Cream's helper mission. Are you implying that Sonic wants a threesome with an underaged rabbit?

Nobody answer that.

• Thumbs Up 7

So is this about all ship-teases in general, or just Sonaze ones?  That seems weirdly specific.

Either way, Sonaze is blegh.  Sonamy is the only way to go.

NO, SONZAZE IS MY OTP >:o

I still think Amy's... hrm, interest (an understatement :P ) in Sonic just works best as a big running joke that could also work as character development if ever went forward with, like say Amy ever realizes what she's doing makes Sonic uncomfortable and she realizes what's more important, her well-being or his, or whatever. They end up making up over it and become closer friends, she moves on kinda, something like that, and regardless of her still having a crush on him in some way she still follows and supports Sonic as a friend would.

..I dunno, it's a thought?

Sonic and Blaze IMO still make the best relationship for anything Sonic could muster being in. I mean, thanks to her being in a different location that's not often accessible, it makes the romance element remain in the background and not be something you see everyday in the series. Sonic still goes on adventures with a free spirit, Blaze still acts as princess of her dimension's kingdom, they sometimes meet and emotions happen but it doesn't dominate anything. It works for me! :v

• Thumbs Up 2

I can see something potentially funny being born from this; Amy notices how close Sonic & Blaze have become, and gets on her jealous bitch routine. Sonic tries to tell her there's nothing going on(and from Sonic's perspective, there isn't) while Blaze denies. Then Blaze & Amy ultimately become friends, but there's still those occasional moments of hilarity there.

Copy from my status update on April 22, 2013:

Sonic/Blaze dynamic: She is reserved and calm, so Sonic is relaxed around her, but she is in denial about having potential feelings for him, and thus becomes increasingly flustered around him, leading to accidentally setting him on fire at times, or losing focus.

Oh, and just for extra:

Sonic/Amy dynamic to me: Amy is cheerful, but forceful, and Sonic misinterprets this as craziness and fangirliness (not that she doesn't have it, but it's WAY overexaggerated in his eyes), and thus he runs away from her on sight. She is hurt and tries to get to know him, but misunderstandings only make it worse.
Edited by 743-E.D. Missile
  • Thumbs Up 4

Well, that's all I had to say I guess. Have you guys noticed now Sonic and Blaze are constantly in the same events in the latest M and S trailer?

I didn't belive that until I saw Sonic/Mario synchronize swimming, yeah.

Mario and sonic at the London 2012 olympic games- gameplay trailer #2 Wii

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEKBZAy9nJIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEKBZAy9nJIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEKBZAy9nJI

The synchronize swimming is the most notable event as in the trailer the Sega characters tend to be a mirror match of the Nintendo characters when participating in the events, and since Princess Blaze is participating in the event alongside Princess Peach who is often portrayed as Mario's love interest is the similarity between them where both of them are of royalty or something more?  

I do not support Sonaze. I just think there is an official ship-tease.

Weeks ago someone asked me why I said once that I think Blaze and Sonic had some sort of a liking for each other, I said, "I feel that there is proof that is good enough to support it, not exactly saying it's 100% official." I went on, "The ending of Sonic Rush had them flying and holding hands till they were separated and you can see Blaze trying to catch his hand."

Oh, hey wait a minute...

Wasn't the ending of Mario Galaxy similar? It shows Mario and Peach flying in an open space while holding hands, until they got separated and Peach was trying to catch Mario's hand. That obviously was a romantic scene of Mario and Peach finally happy together. Mario and Peach are an official couple and Sonic and Blaze had the same moment together in the end of a game as well? I think that's a good reason that the ending of Sonic Rush was teased to be a romantic moment.

Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon also had the ending in which two dragons, Spyro and Cynder were flying happily together, also, after the last boss fight, Cynder confesses her feelings for Spyro.

There seem to be more of it than just the ending as noted by this Sonic News Network User:

Throughout the course of Sonic Rush Blaze was shown to have no interest in Sonic and was even annoyed to hear his name (even when she never met him) but Sonic was curious when he saw her take the Emerald and leave. The entire course of the game has Sonic and Tails tracking down Blaze and asking people if they've seen her.

• When Amy asks Blaze if she's "interested" in Sonic, Blaze quickly denies it "No. What I seek are the Sol Emeralds." then she adds "I wouldn't care about anyone named Sonic."

>A few other lines to show her 0 interest in Sonic

• "...Another person rating on about Sonic"
  • "No. Besides this Sonic sounds like..."
  • "I don't need his help."

These lines prove that she pretty much didn't even like to hear the name "Sonic" because that's what everyone would say when she'd ask about the Sol Emeralds. But somehow, at the very moment she met him, she was actually more interested than he was.

These are quotes when and after meeting Sonic:

• "So this guy's Sonic..."
  • "Sonic... what kind of a person is he?",
  • when Cream says "He's like the wind!" Blaze smiles and says "What's that supposed to mean?"

And at last, in the end of the game, Blaze and Sonic are now friends and promise to meet each other again.

My conclusion is that it is one of those "the woman who hated and showed no interest in the man, finally starts to develop into liking him" thing. Which is very common for a typical 'tough woman'. Here are my examples:

• Astrid from How to Train Your Dragon
  • Tigress from Kung Fu Panda
  • Cynder from Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
  • Misty from Pokemon
  • Hilary from Beyblade
  • Sgt. Calhoun from Wreck-It Ralph
  • Lucy from Assassin's Creed
  • Rouge the Bat in Sonic Adevnture 2 (Sonic Central confirmed it (official Sonic site), but that site was dead years ago)

Compatibility:

Blaze was initally designed as an alternate Sonic role-wise and personality-wise. Her design to add a new personality to the female cast and a new relationship (non-romatic) to Sonic and a female character. Ironically both are equal, yet opposite. Sonic Rush Adventure comes to play with both of these personalities which shows they are the same but in different ways. Take note that -

Sonic - inwardly the free and adventurous, yet outwardly level-headed and cool one

Blaze - outwardly stoic and cool-headed, yet inwardly highly emotional one

Thoughout Sonic Rush Adventure, one notices that Blaze appears alot more stoic than Sonic is. However, one scene shows that it's actually Blaze who is inwardly the loud and emotional one despite her clam exterior.

Also note that Sonic's element is the wind and this has been confirmed since Sonic Rush so that his element is compatible with Blaze's element, which is fire. Sonic Rush focuses alot that Sonic is "wind" and Blaze is "fire", Sonic is Blue and Red, Blaze is Purple and Pink. Blaze's shoes and gloves are a more feminine version of Sonics.

An interesting note here. Sonic Team has been having a concept of a female cat character for a very long time. Not only that, but two of those concepts were also princesses, tough women and love-interests for Sonic.

Read: Tiara Boobowski

and see this character: http://info.sonicretro.org/images/7/71/Mystery3.jpg

Blaze is a cat, princess and a tough-woman too... just saying! Could Sonic Team have a slight idea... perhaps a concept of Blaze being paired with Sonic in some form? It's slightly possible.

• 4 weeks later...

SHIPPING? IN MY SONIC GAME?!?!

Seriously though, I do enjoy the idea of shipping these two. It seems to be heavily implied in the games, at least in Rush, that there was something there. Also, someone has already mentioned Vela-Nova, but I'm going to reiterate here what I saw on TVTropes.

• The song's title is Portuguese for "new candle", and from there, even with Blaze's pyrokinesis, it's not too hard to interpret that in the context of something like "Sonic's new flame." Make of that what you will.   

It's all good fun to speculate, and even funner to discuss. I just hate it when people get a little...too...into it. Defending it to the hill. All's fun in love and shipping.

• 2 years later...

Why are you all hating on Sonaze? Think what you want about Sonaze not being official, but respect team Sonaze!!! Screw Sonamy, Silvaze, and all the other stupid fanart crap. TEAM SONAZE4EVR!!!!!!!!!

Copy from my status update on April 22, 2013:

Oh, and just for extra:

Dude, screw Sonamy! Why do I even capitalize it? Sonic an Sega both make it clear that Sonic doesn't like Amy!

Bleh, shipping. This simple concept has caused me so much grief in life that even seeing an image with my own OTP makes me annoyed.

I don't like Blaze nor do I like Sonaze, its mostly due to Blaze's personality being one I dislike a lot. I also fail to see a lot of the shipping moments that people bring up when it Comes to Sonic and Blaze.

I guess in the end, the shipping of two characters boil down to just how you yourself like them.

Now I'm off, to spend time trying to figure out how Deviantart search engine works so I can limit my exposure to the shipping drama in their Sonic section.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seeing as how this thread was apparently bumped, I might as well give my opinions on Sonaze.

I don't have a lot of problems with the pairing, but overall, I don't get why people assume that they're in love with each other in the games. It's pretty clear that Sonic & Blaze see each other as friends, and nothing more. It's not a terrible couple, but it's far from my favorite. I'm more of a SonAmy person, tbh.

Edited by D.H
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'll use the excuse of the bump to reply in this thread.

My opinion of Sonaze... eh, it's alright. I can see where people are coming from when they talk about it. I'm mainly neutral about it, it doesn't really bother me.

Hm, I think Blaze X Sonic can be very cute in a fan fiction way, and she is the only girl I know of that I think could go really good with Sonic overall. However personally I don't have a strong need for Blaze or Sonic getting together with anybody. And because I'm a fairly big Blaze fan... I prefer her as the cool girl character she is, without reducing her to just a love interest to another character. And I will tell ya this... I don't support Blaze X Silver... it's just awful to me yo.

While I may play with some pairing ideas once in awhile. I think the only fan coupling I really support much is Amy x Metal-Sonic... because it amuses me to no end. xD

Sonaze is good because the characters are compatible in both personality and situation.

Sure, they're only friends in the series, but their chemistry definitely leaves room for them to grow, and the teasing is definitely there in whatever games they directly interact in (Rush's ending bits, RA's opening and various small scenes, Black Knight with Blaze as Percival, Generations if you stretch it a tiny bit). It's cute and it works well for the both of them. After all, it'd be low commitment if they ever got together, since they've got huuuge priorities and a whole dimension between them, so why not?

At least it's not "let me put this guy with the creepy girl who's gotta win him over because she's the pink girl character and he's the blue boy character". And at least it's also not "naive generic-shonen-hero hedgehog wins heart over tsundre sidekick". :v

(and no I don't give my opinion on this every time the topic comes up what are you talking about)

Edited by Azoo
  • Thumbs Up 5

If forced to choose a romantic partner for Sonic, this is it, basically. Not a happy romance, mind, their personalities don't work for it, but two people who love each other but spend their lifes running away from each other since they're not compatible in the day-to-day life.

If forced to choose a romantic partner for Sonic, this is it, basically. Not a happy romance, mind, their personalities don't work for it, but two people who love each other but spend their lifes running away from each other since they're not compatible in the day-to-day life.

I dunno, I wouldn't consider it to be an unhappy one, but a bickery one regardless. They wouldn't be able to compromise each other's lives, that's for sure.

Kind of like a Han Solo / Princess Leia sort of relationship. Except Sonic'd be a bit less of a jerk, and Blaze would be a little more anxious.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have these things to say:

1. Sonic being in a relationship goes against his character. He is very free spirited character who plays by his own rules. No one tells him what to do and how to live. So him having a girlfriend goes against his code. Before anyone says "but they are in different demensions!", Sonic still isnt free anymore because he has to stay true to one girl. So hes not as free to interact with other female characters as he pleases and that is not the way to handle Sonic and his character.  Plus being paired with royalty is a big big no no as it can add on alot more responsibity thus changing Sonic to something he isnt.

2. Blaze being in a relationship I belive goes against her character to. Yes because of Sonic she trusts people a little more but she is still a character that keeps to herself and tries to rely on other as little as possible. So a part of me belives that her being in a relationship with any character will change her into someone shes not. She is more then happy with doing things on her own and I am not sure in the long runs that she is going to need a "king" character if you know what I mean. Plus umm.... being in a relationship means you have to open up to the other character and rely on them a little so that is also making her into someone she isnt.

3. I have notice that Sega trys to add competition for Amy and it doesnt help when alot of it is female characters who are in a higher class then her. etc Princess Sally, Princess Elise, Princess Blaze....

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno, I wouldn't consider it to be an unhappy one, but a bickery one regardless. They wouldn't be able to compromise each other's lives, that's for sure.

Kind of like a Han Solo / Princess Leia sort of relationship. Except Sonic'd be a bit less of a jerk, and Blaze would be a little more anxious.

I wouldn't quite say unhappy, then, but definitely not stable nor constant. Less Han Solo and Leia, more Scrooge and Goldie in Don Rosa's work, or Fury and Shirley on My War Gone By. Not quite as tragic, but the kind of thing where they'd just once in a few years meet, have a couple passionate weeks, but then duty calls or Sonic's tired of being still and so they're apart again for another year or so.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic needs his freedom for sure, even if he and Amy got together, I don't think it would last long being how Sonic is.

If it was Boom! Amy, I can see it working out a little better as Boom! Sonic is a little more laid back, but SEGA Sonic and Amy through, that certainly ain't gonna last long at all unless as Sticks said to Sega Amy in one of the off panels during Worlds Unite; "You need to chill!", and Sonic becomes a little more laid back rather than go where the wind takes him.

I'm not really into shipping, but Sonic and Blaze is something I could potentially see working. There's a nice contrast in their personalities that makes it interesting for them to interact with each other, even if its just kept platonic. With the right writing direction, I could see them turned into an interesting couple. If nothing else, I feel like there's more natural chemistry between them than between Sonic and Amy.

But tbh the series has much bigger problems to work on before it should be worrying about pairing up major characters anyway.

1. Sonic being in a relationship goes against his character. He is very free spirited character who plays by his own rules. No one tells him what to do and how to live. So him having a girlfriend goes against his code. Before anyone says "but they are in different demensions!", Sonic still isnt free anymore because he has to stay true to one girl. So hes not as free to interact with other female characters as he pleases and that is not the way to handle Sonic and his character.

I don't really agree with this. I don't think Sonic's character prevents him from being in a relationship, just that their relationship would work differently from most people's. I would expect it to be something more flexible and casual, where whatever girl he's with respects his need for freedom and his wanderer sort of lifestyle. And I don't think talking with other girls would be a problem, because Sonic's not really the flirty sort; I can't imagine him wanting to say anything that would be inappropriate due to him already being in a relationship.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't really agree with this. I don't think Sonic's character prevents him from being in a relationship, just that their relationship would work differently from most people's. I would expect it to be something more flexible and casual, where whatever girl he's with respects his need for freedom and his wanderer sort of lifestyle. And I don't think talking with other girls would be a problem, because Sonic's not really the flirty sort; I can't imagine him wanting to say anything that would be inappropriate due to him already being in a relationship.

Sonic has got a date with freedom and he is not gonna arrive late lol so whoever he is with has to respect that. I dont know but rereading the comics makes me rething if Sonic really does need to be in a relationship or not seeing how badly it was handled. 

True but speaking and saying whatever he wants to said person is part of his freedom character. Like minds think alike here. The problem with this in my opinion is that his freedom is kinda limited because relationships automatically do that. But then you have good points so I don't mind losing to you. 

One of the things that make me not support Sonaze as much as SonAmy, is the fact that Blaze is a princess. She has a ton of responsibilities, and I've never been a fan of putting Sonic together with someone who has as much responsibility as Blaze. Take Sonic's love for freedom & adventure, couple that in with Blaze's responsibilities, and the fact that they live int two separate dimensions, it's not a couple I could see lasting long.

Hell, one of the few reasons why I think SonAmy could last longer than Sonaze, is the fact that Amy doesn't have the responsibilities Blaze does. But that's just me.

• Thumbs Up 1