Awoo.

Sonaze Ship-Tease

watako

Well, that's all I had to say I guess. Have you guys noticed now Sonic and Blaze are constantly in the same events in the latest M and S trailer?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think someone in Sonic Team is a Sonic X Blaze fan....that is pretty weird...you would expect Amy to be in most of those shots with Sonic.

Perhaps Sega is hinting a future console Rush game? Anyway I think they would work out fine....out of the entire cast I can see the two making more sense. Blaze makes up for Sonic's careless attitude toward things while Sonic's spirit picks her up when she is down and calms her fire when she gets upset.

Blaze is more serious about things, but not clingy and domineering.

While Sonic is a bit reckless, but with a kind heart and pure.

People with these kinds of interlocking traits are the kinds that work together because they fill the holes and flaws that each other has.

Also this is Sonic's only friend that was female that he actually had a direct friendship with.

Edited by V0YANT
  • Thumbs Up 3

That's one of the things I really like about the Mario and Sonic games...the way that they let Blaze relax and open up to people more. She'll probably always be shy and awkward to some extent, but I think it would be cool if her future appearances in the normal, non-crossover part of the franchise followed the M and S games' portrayal of her, showing her to be competent and empowered while still being a normal person with feelings, as opposed to basically being the Terminator outside of a few slips of her emotionless mask.

Time paradox! XD But seriously, that sounds pretty cool, tsz11. ^_^

Time paradox! XD But seriously, that sounds pretty cool, tsz11. happy.png

I wonder If we'll see Amy, Rouge and Blaze in the Cutscene after the Rival Bosses.

If we do, I wonder if we'll see Blaze blush around Sonic again. XD

If we do, I wonder if we'll see Blaze blush around Sonic again. XD

Nope, she doesn't in SG. But she was shy in the birthday party until Cheese gave her a cupcake.

I guess shyness is one of the things that makes Blaze unique. ^_^

• 1 year later...

What do you suppose Sonic Team was thinking when they made

TV Tropes seem to have some ideas.  

I've been nagging about that for years. Its an incredibly blatant form of shiptease that goes over 98% of peoples heads.

It gets a little more interesting when you consider that thanks to SonicBK, Vela Nova is the closest thing Blaze has to a legit theme song.

• Thumbs Up 1

... thanks guys. You and your dirty minds have forever ruined that song for me.

I feel Blaze needs a new song, one that could actually qualify as a song instead of... that...

... thanks guys. You and your dirty minds have forever ruined that song for me.

I feel Blaze needs a new song, one that could actually qualify as a song instead of... that...

Would you prefer this theme from "Sonic and the Black Knight?"

On a side note there is also a video and it's sequel of this topic on youtube.

What about those Sonic statues that appear on Southern Island after you have completed those 100 missions that Marine gives you in Sonic Rush Adventure?  Doesn't that counts as ship-tease as this fan comic from deviantART points out?

Edited by Kareemadeem

The BK remix doesn't suit Blaze in my opinion. Maybe it's the Spanish guitar.

The BK remix doesn't suit Blaze in my opinion. Maybe it's the Spanish guitar.

How about

also from Sonic and the Black Knight?

if you want to go full ridiculous ...

Blaze: Oh Sonic, the Chaotix are not really that important, you don't even talk to them, they won't really mind to be into a frozen semi-dead state for some minutes, and the time eater destroying the reality? there are much more funny things we could do together! you know... like chase me while I float around a room filled with bombs, buzzsaws and other kind of deadly traps.

Classic Sonic: ...

Blaze: And.. I... uh... want you to use this: (gives Sonic the super weird looking pink Wisp full of spikes)

Classic Sonic: ...?!?!?!?

Blaze: Great, I'l be ready in five minutes!

Classic Sonic: ...???????????

But to get to the part with the chasing and bombs and buzzsaws, you have to rescue the Chaotix...?

How about

also from Sonic and the Black Knight?

Eh, sounds a bit too masculine for a princess. A tomboyish princess, but a princess nonetheless.

Either way, this is discussing Sonaze, not Blaze's theme.

• 1 month later...

There is also ship-teasing in the Offical Sonic Rush Comic adaptation shown here:

tumblr_mbautl3W0q1qi9n9lo1_500.png

The comic that is pictured is a page from Archie comics Archie Sonic the Hedgehog issue 161, written by Tania Del Rio. Here is a

if you want to read the whole issue.

Haunt My Dreams, Huh? I Wonder...

What do you suppose Sonic is day-dreaming about?

That was pretty much a tease as to they'll meet again someday since Blaze is on a current hunt for the Sol Emeralds. They crossed paths again in the Rush Adventure tie-in in #190 (I believe?) and since then they've been just good friends.

And looking at that page reminds me how awful the art was.

• Thumbs Up 3

Their portrayal in that comic has no bearing on the game though. Blaze isn't even in character; she's way too confident and even a bit creepy.

• Thumbs Up 3

Their portrayal in that comic has no bearing on the game though. Blaze isn't even in character; she's way too confident and even a bit creepy.

Its almost like she's flirting with him.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

What about the ship-teasing in Sonic Generations such as the Blaze missions: 

Sonic Generations: Crisis City (Blaze Mission) [1080 HD] 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLEh_30bbeghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLEh_30bbeghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLEh_30bbeg

The music that is playing is a instrumentally remix song called  "You're My Hero."

Is Sega trying to hint something with Blaze's relationship with Sonic?

Sonic Generations - Chase After Blaze 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzRvdfmYOiohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzRvdfmYOiohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzRvdfmYOio

Why is there a misson of Sonic chasing after Blaze?

Edited by Kareemadeem

Why is there a misson of Sonic chasing after Blaze?

Because they wanted a mission where you chase a character, and Blaze just happened to be it.