Awoo.

eXtaticus

Being drunk is horrible. The few times I've experienced it were very unpleasant. I can't understand why anyone would deliberately want to get drunk. Repeatedly.

Mainly because alcohol frees you inhibitions, making you a bit more "confident" or different when under the influence. But it's different for everyone: Some people are more aggressive and violent, others more assertive, others more zany. There's different reasons for different people, but there's a mix of fun that makes people enjoy themselves. Other times it's to drown out sorrows and relax. 

Although some people do really, unbelievably stupid things that aren't fun. It's those people I can't understand.

• Thumbs Up 1

Might as well.

I drink alcohol. More specifically: Wine, alcohol pops, brown beer and cocktails. I prefer sweeter drinks but I'll have something else now and again. I don't usually drink during the week unless I'm having a stressful period. For instance; I'll take a Bacardi Breezer to cool off during finals.

I am not disgusted by alcohol at all. Both my father and mother drink alcohol freely. Though my mother usually preferred not having me drink, my father prefers to let me choose. He lets me taste something and I pick if I want it or not. I needed some time to grow an appreciation to alcoholic drinks, but eventually they grew on me. Mostly thanks to sweeter variations, same with coffee, in which I usually drink cappucino, expresso or decaf with sugar and milk. Do I drink a lot sometimes? Yes. It causes me to loosen up and laugh a lot more. Generally become a nicer, more outgoing guy. I also feel kinda warm. Do I ever get drunk? Well.. No. I have this odd click... When I drink too much, I suddenly lose all intrest in drinking further. It's odd.

I know how people are when they're drunk. My father gets drunk at rare or depressing times. My mother can get drunk at parties. My fathers bloodline is... This is odd to say but... It's like we're cursed. Half my aunts and uncles have died to drugs or alcohol. But I don't fear alcohol. My body knows its limits. I know my limits.

As for damage to my body... Yeah, maybe. But honestly, I'd probably sooner die of cancer thanks to this computer then I'd die of drinking alcohol over the course of my life. Maybe it also helps that I don't smoke. (I'm fine with smokers, but the smell of nicotine disgusts me.)

EDIT: "Wine, alcohol pops, brown beer and cocktails" doesn't mean I'm a light drinker. Belgium is a master of beer, and the one that I drink, Kasteelbier (Castle Beer), is pretty heavy.

Edited by 少佐 Jin H. Kisaragi

Alcohol is a drug and is bad for the body. :( It damages your body and makes you do stupid things. They did study where they gave people fake alcohol to see if it was the alcohol that "loosened" them up. <_< It turns out they were wrong! Alcohol does not "loosen" you up! I lost the only 3 real life "friends" (They were horrible and more like jerks to me.) I had because they decided to drink alcohol and I would not. Too much alcohol is bad. :( Many would say a little alcohol is fine. :unsure: I would say putting your hand in burning flames for only a little then is fine. :unsure: I mean your hand works right? It is only little burnt. It will heal up but purposely damaging and knowing you are hurting your body is very stupid and sad to me than! :blink:

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd rather not touch the stuff. Ever. I've heard enough to say I'm never drinking alcohol.

• Thumbs Up 1

I oddly enough sat at a bar for the first time ever today, and was carded despite not ordering any drinks.

Fortunately I was able to use my liver issues as an explanation as to why I'm not drinking.

Though really I see no point in it. It seems the primary reasons are to "loosen up" or because someone else is doing it. The first one has no value for me given I think I'm pretty relaxed for the most part anyway, and the second just strikes me as well, silly. Everyone else likes X, so I should like X too? Any other activity and that would be seen as poor logic.

Never mind the negative effects from too much.

My favorite point is when people mention alcoholic desserts. ...why not just get it virgin? The alcohol itself is absolutely worthless as a substance to me and I see no reason to partake in it as such.

Personally I always found it disappointing if you need to ingest a certain substance to have a good time, as well. I've partied pretty intensely in the past, and that was 100% sober.