Awoo.

eXtaticus

My friends like to put me down (jokingly of course) cuz I like alcoholic drinks that are low with the alcohol content but taste great. Such as Mike's Hard, Smirnoff and etc. Don't get me wrong, I like to go hard, but if I'm drinking quite a bit in one night I like to balance the hard with the light. Anyone else get that?

You guys want a delicious drink, and I kid you not. It may sound weird if you haven't had milky alcohol drinks but it's great.

Vodka (certain flavors could make it better but I've usually just done it with plain)

Milk

Maple Syrup

Ice

Mix it to taste and honestly it will taste like some $4 iced coffee drink. If you want it to be really creamy, try it with baileys instead of vodka (though this usually makes me too full to get tipsy off of). I've also done it with honey brandy....it's fucking delicious

You guys want a delicious drink, and I kid you not. It may sound weird if you haven't had milky alcohol drinks but it's great.

Vodka (certain flavors could make it better but I've usually just done it with plain)

Milk

Maple Syrup

Ice

Mix it to taste and honestly it will taste like some $4 iced coffee drink. If you want it to be really creamy, try it with baileys instead of vodka (though this usually makes me too full to get tipsy off of). I've also done it with honey brandy....it's fucking delicious

Oh gosh yes milky drinks!

My favourite is the White Russian. Milk (or cream, even better), Tia Maria (or any coffee liqueur really) and vodka. Or, better still, the Blind Russian, which is the same except substitute Baileys where the milk/cream was before. Served over ice, of course. LUSH.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't drink for personal reasons. My worst fear is loss of self-control. I don't want be could be completely out of it, black out, or worse. It's why I hate things like shaking in the cold or a minor twitch. They're uncontrollable behaviors and I hate it. Second, most beer tastes like ass from what I have sampled from my buddies. Third, my mother's side of the family has been torn apart by all sorts of things, drinking being one of them. Uncle is insane and sees shit, Grandfather took his life after seriously beating my mother and grandmother half dead in a drunken stupor, and more I won't bother repeating. I never want anything like that happening to my family.

But that's a personal choice. I only like to regulate me. I don't pretend to take a high moral ground or jurisdiction over anyone else. I encourage people to do as they (reasonably) please as long as they have fun and don't vomit on my stuff. I'm actually not a fan of the US laws for underage drinking. Fancy that huh.

Edited by Tiller

You'd really have to drink a LOT (or a few very strong drinks) in order to get 'completely out of it' and especially to 'black out'.

I totally respect anyone who doesn't like to drink, but I'm not sure I understand not drinking *anything at all* because of fear of something that can only happen if you drink either a lot or very strong drinks. A half pint of a beer/cider/ale/lager or half a glass of wine, for example, I don't think could make anyone get 'out of it' or black out.

Having said that, it's true that having an addictive personality combined with drink could lead to drinking more than in moderation I suppose.

• 2 years later...

Fine, I'll bump it. |=/

Man, anyone remember when Flyboy would post on the status updates about her drunk moments? Good times. I miss our old party girl of a mod.

Also, beer tastes weird as hell. It's like tasting liquefied grain and wheat in a can, and I'm drinking some imported from Mexico. I'm gonna stick to wine and vodka, but beer isn't too bad. Just not something I'll drink often.

• Thumbs Up 2

I first tired alcohol when I was 16 and I hated it. I heard it was an inquired taste but knowing impatient person that I am I didn't go back and continue. I having been getting into wine though, it's like juice but with a catch. My favorite so far is grape. Any one els out there who's into wine?

Note: You shouldn't drink under age 21 I'm doing it cause I'm stupid and ignorant.

Any one els out there who's into wine?

I happen to prefer wine. Moscato, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay...basically the white wines are my favorites. Merlot isn't bad. Haven't tried all of them.

Note: You shouldn't drink under age 21 I'm doing it cause I'm it cause i'm stupid and ignorant.

I think the drinking age is different in other countries. Doesn't Germany have a drinking age of 14?

And Canada is like 18, I think.

I'm breaking myself into wine since it can be relatively cheap to get drunk with and I feel sophisticated as fuck with a wine glass in my hand hoho

Red's a bit disgusting but I can do Rosé and White

I first tired alcohol when I was 16 and I hated it. I heard it was an inquired taste but knowing impatient person that I am I didn't go back and continue. I having been getting into wine though, it's like juice but with a catch. My favorite so far is grape. Any one els out there who's into wine?

Note: You shouldn't drink under age 21 I'm doing it cause I'm stupid and ignorant.

Drinking age laws vary not only by country, but also by circumstance. Drinking alcohol regularly under the age of 21 is neither inherently stupid or ignorant.
  • Thumbs Up 1

What the hell is Rosé?

Kinda like the midway point between red and white wine, I believe. It's pretty good stuff, normally strawberry/cherry flavours. Official definitions say:

When rosé wine is the primary product, it is produced with the skin contact method. Black-skinned grapes are crushed and the skins are allowed to remain in contact with the juice for a short period, typically one to three days. The must is then pressed, and the skins are discarded rather than left in contact throughout fermentation (as with red wine making). The longer that the skins are left in contact with the juice, the more intense the color of the final wine.

Kinda like the midway point between red and white wine, I believe. It's pretty good stuff, normally strawberry/cherry flavours. Official definitions say:

Right...so something I should buy next time I go out. Got it.

Right...so something I should buy next time I go out. Got it.

I'd recommend it~ oh, and not sure if it's the stuff I get (I'm pretty cheap) but I sometimes feel the need to add a bit of lemonade to give it a bit more of a sweet kick. It prolongs the bottle of wine too so that's a plus.

I think the drinking age is different in other countries. Doesn't Germany have a drinking age of 14?

Unless things have changed, 18 for hard liquors and 16 for everything else, I think.

I like drinking beer because it tastes good. I used to get drunk from time to time but right now is a point in my life where I need to be present in my life and get things done. I might get drunk later on but not right now. I'm happy sober so that is how I am going to stay.

I think its okay if some people want to get drunk or choose not to. I don't care either way as long as people are being safe and respecting others by not being obnoxious or peer pressuring others.

I will say one thing though, do not drink and drive. Ever. I got into an accident because a drunk guy in his pickup hit the car I was a passenger in. I could have died because he was a moron. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh man do I feel bad by reading this....

Bad for myself I mean, because I like not only the taste of a lot of different types of alcohol drinks but the fun times I have with my friends when we are a "little happy".

I mean it's kind of common in Colleges Students around here, like old tradition, and it's widely accepted by everyone ....I guess that sometimes we can go a bit far, but it's all in good fun.

Of course then there are those times that you just need to forget that day and just live life to the limit, to someone like me( a little shy) it really helps. Of course the problems will be there in the next day, along with a headache, but at least during those brief hours everything is right with the world.

I know I can't think this way for the rest of my life, but for now I think it's actually helping me going on with my life.

I'm not saying anyone should do this, especially if you don't like alcohol, but if you like to do it I have nothing against. In fact I'd even join you for a drink.

Heck I might even post here on one of those days. 

What I don't get is this - 

If it's an acquired taste, and is detrimental to the body, then why acquire the taste?

Because it's fun to drink wine with friends and get drunk together. Plus, it can be cheap as hell, serves multiple people a bottle, and bottles of wine are a common gift yo.

• Thumbs Up 2

I dislike being drunk, so I avoid drinking too much. I often will drink just a bit to relax, but rarely in excess.

Incidentally, I've really taken a liking to margaritas lately.

Honestly? I just can't seem to get into drinking at all. I haven't found anything that appeals to my tastebuds when it comes to getting some of the "drink" since I am more flavor based than content based.

I did have a nice Sangrea before, but that's the only one that I could remember that was worthwhile.

What I don't get is this - 

If it's an acquired taste, and is detrimental to the body, then why acquire the taste?

It's not an acquired taste to everyone, and like most other things, alcohol is perfectly fine in moderation. Nothing wrong with enjoying yourself.

I recently got a job where I stock shit loads of various alcoholic beverages at a handful of stores and I've been having a hell of a time knowing/remembering what's what. I've never really been into beers and much because I simply didn't like the taste, and was quite frankly afraid of it in late high school, so I never really went to many places that had it or bothered to learn what's what. What brands are which, the difference (if there's any I still don't know jack) between whiskey, liquor, rum, and whatever other alcoholic beverage name out there. It's kinda a pain at work since I'll have a pallet full of cases of beer taller than me and need to sort them over an entire isle's worth of product, trying to pin point the exact location of each. They're separated by like domestics and imports and ciders and whatnot, but again, just been having a hard time wrapping my head around it. And don't get me started on wine with this haha.

But for the actual stuffs to drink, I've grown to not care so much about it and will have it in a group setting more often than not anymore. It's become this personal hunt to see what "my" drink is, something I'll actually rather enjoy instead of flat out hate or is just tolerable. Tried fruity drinks, regular beer cans of various brand, shots, coke mixes, margaritas, wine, dark beers, rum, cider; nothing has really grabbed me yet and frankly mostly just taste the alcohol behind the curtain of whatever flavor of whatever I'm drinking. I used to despise it, but I guess people are right about the acquired taste since it's becoming less horrible the more times I go out and try something.

In the end though I feel like I'd just rather have a soda above it though. I kinda hate the social aspect of just saying "I'll have a pepsi please" after everyone orders a beer, like I'm lesser or something or idk, just a distinct feel from peers. It's not always that way but seems to happen alot. I could understand that maybe it's a "what, you're too good to get drunk with us" or something similar maybe, but I'd hope most just realize that I prefer drinking something I really like when I want to go out and have fun XD.

But oh whalez. I guess what I've liked the most were these hard cider shots I had once with some friends. Was probably a fireball or something but it tasted unique and liked the burning feeling in my throat, but it's not really something I could just casually drink of course lmao.

• Thumbs Up 1

I will never touch alcohol in my life, because on a personal level I'm incredibly uncomfortable with any sort of mind-altering drugs. I dont even want my state of being altered by an outside factor like that.

Plus I found I've found effective ways to relax myself without ever needing the stuff.