Awoo.

eXtaticus

Drinking is so much fun though.

Except last Tuesday when I went and blacked out.......

• Thumbs Up 3

I drink alcohol on occasion... I'm a very fussy drinker, though, and I only drink sweet cider. It helps me when I'm in a group of people, and because I'm a light drinker, it doesn't need a lot of alcohol to affect my social skills and make me more outgoing. It can be fun, as long as you're responsible. There's no fun in getting off your face, and getting so drunk you are at risk of passing out or even becoming verbally or physically abusive. People who do that probably need help.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was against alcohol, until I tried it myself. I'm by no means a connoisseur, but if I drank more often I think I would be. I don't really mind beer too much as long as it's not that weak piss water called Bud-Light that requires like 20 cans just to start to feel slightly buzzed, I can only really tolerate Coors or Shiner-Bock when it comes to famous beers like that. I do really like Margaritas though so there's that and Tequilas. Other than that I do like to try a bit of locally craft beer sometimes. I've only ever been full on drunk one time a few months ago (and I'm pretty sure I logged onto here during) and that after 5 margaritas and a few shots ( It was a special offer that made it very cheap) and I must say it was pretty fun looking back. I still though, do not like the bar scene and if anything me and a friend just go to bars during the afternoon when there's cery few if any people and she and I drink, watch a movie and talk about MLP. It's just an activity that can be more fun depending where you're at. I always prefer to just do it at home instead of in a crowded bar full of scary degenerates.

Drinking is so much fun though.

Except last Tuesday when I went and blacked out.......

Ugh, blacking out sucks. You can't remember shit.

Like this one time in college where I drunk so much my friends had to fight me to get me in my room to sleep. I was sore everywhere that day...

I remember reading a quote somewhere a while back that I couldn't help agree with. Something along the lines of;

"If it's an acquired taste, what what actually means is that it tastes like shit and that you're just mentally conditioning yourself to enjoy it for the sake of peer pressure". tongue.png

Granted, that won't apply to absolutely everyone, but yeah. 

EDIT: Ahah, here we go. Turns out it was a Cyanide & Happiness comic from last year. :lol:

BLASPHEMY.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I enjoy a few drinks (maybe a few too many) on occassion. All I drink though is some sort of mixed drink or straight hard liquor. When I drink, I do it to loosen up, relax and get the "edge" off. I never liked the taste of beer and I feel it takes one too many beers to get a buzz or flat out drunk so I don't partake in it unless a friend offers.

I usually only drink once every few months if not less. Also, I'm a repsonsible drunk who always has a designated driver (having a majority of friends who don't drink can be a good thing most of the time and suck sometimes XD). I also NEVER (or try not too often) Drink at any bars or restaurants since that shit can get expensive. I went to HARD ROCK in Miami last year and spent $17 on a shot of patron alone. Ended up spending almost $100 on nothing but drinks that night, my credit card was hurting. I only drink at a friends place.

I think the one problem I have while intoxicated s that I'm extremely goofy and flirty which isn't a good combination at times. I've had female friends tell me I was feeling them up while under the influence and I can't even recall. Good thing they didn't mind tongue.png But yeah....Drink Responsible and whatnot.

It's been nearly 30 months since my last response.

And...I still hate the taste of alcohol. Man, how times change.

It's been nearly 30 months since my last response.

And...I still hate the taste of alcohol. Man, how times change.

Hey, no shame in not liking alcohol. The only reason why I'm into it is because of my silly adolescence and thinking that alcohol will bump me up the cool chain in Middle School/High School. After you become of age, alcohol loses it's shine in my opinion, just like anything else if your of age or if it's legalized if you ask me.

I still believe a majority of alcohol taste like ass unless mixed right. Like I said, I just like the loose feeling that follows. I feel at ease.

In the end though I feel like I'd just rather have a soda above it though. I kinda hate the social aspect of just saying "I'll have a pepsi please" after everyone orders a beer, like I'm lesser or something or idk, just a distinct feel from peers. It's not always that way but seems to happen alot. I could understand that maybe it's a "what, you're too good to get drunk with us" or something similar maybe, but I'd hope most just realize that I prefer drinking something I really like when I want to go out and have fun XD.

I went through something similar when I was 16/17/18, just as my friends and I were starting to discover alcohol ourselves. I was the only one who took to a dislike of the stuff, not for the lack of trying different drinks. Of course, as soon as I realised I didn't like a drink, I never tried that one again, thus no acquiring the taste. At first, yeah, I had the banter from friends about not drinking, but to be honest they were pretty quick to accept my ways. If anything, it was my mum who took longest to accept I wasn't going to drink. Make of that what you will.

Now we just have the anecdotes that go alongside their drinking stories. Like a lad's holiday in Spain:

Me: "I'll have a Coke please"

Bartender: "Yep, with what?"

Me: "No, just Coke"

Bartender: "Yeah, but what do you want in the Coke?"

Me: "...more Coke?"

Had that conversation with a couple of bartenders on that holiday...

I went through something similar when I was 16/17/18, just as my friends and I were starting to discover alcohol ourselves. I was the only one who took to a dislike of the stuff, not for the lack of trying different drinks. Of course, as soon as I realised I didn't like a drink, I never tried that one again, thus no acquiring the taste. At first, yeah, I had the banter from friends about not drinking, but to be honest they were pretty quick to accept my ways. If anything, it was my mum who took longest to accept I wasn't going to drink. Make of that what you will.

Now we just have the anecdotes that go alongside their drinking stories. Like a lad's holiday in Spain:

Me: "I'll have a Coke please"

Bartender: "Yep, with what?"

Me: "No, just Coke"

Bartender: "Yeah, but what do you want in the Coke?"

Me: "...more Coke?"

Had that conversation with a couple of bartenders on that holiday...

Gotta love it when they give you that "look" when you order a soda and just a soda from the bar.

My drink of guilty pleasures is a rum and coke (preferably pepsi though). Simple but does its job. I can down those things like there's no tomorrow. Also, cafe patron is another drink of choice. The coffee flavor makes the burn going down feel smooth if anything.

Oh boy, this is gonna be a rough post. I'm teetotal, but I used to like my drink.

Teetotal or "not drinking" seems to be a very negative stigma in this country. The reactions I tend to get are either a look that implies I'm boring (which I was anyway), a "why?" (to which I generally don't go into much detail and even here won't reveal everything), or some implication that I look down on drinking and people that do (not true).

I'm okay with alcohol. I'm okay with people drinking and getting drunk as long as they don't act like complete douchebags or get lairy. I don't look down on drinking and drinkers at all. It's just I personally don't drink anymore. I still enjoy going to the pub and house parties and all that shit.

I used to love drinking. I often drunk beer mainly and still miss a good pint now and then, but honestly I was better or two or three than any more - I would later become very tired, and on extremely rare occasions, I'd lash out and get explosive, and these occasions never had a particular drink trigger, as it were. I've talked a bit about how I seem to have a bitter dark side, and never did it come out more than when I got wasted. I still feel ashamed that that side of me feels more like the true me than the side of me who tries to do good (often in atonement for who I feel I really am).

I never used to drink at home, so being teetotal in the house doesn't change anything. I barely go out due to conflicts in schedules with friends and almost always drive because I prefer the flexibility, so this is why it was easy for me to go all the way to teetotal instead of only having one or two (and I'm terrible at controlling the slippery slope, tend to be like MORE MORE MORE). I can't take that chance anymore. The things I've said, the things I've done, the way I've acted, I can't let those things happen as there's too much on the line and I'm surprised people always seem so forgiving. Half of my friends were very confused when I decided to out and out quit even though they're seen how brutal I can get at my worst.

I don't look down on people who drink, I myself just can't drink anymore. I don't trust myself. I can't let myself give in to the anger that defines me. While I wish I could control my drinking, I never could, and being teetotal for 7 months now has made me not really want to go back. I need to take more responsibility for my actions, so I am teetotal, hopefully for the rest of my life. And I don't miss the hangovers one bit - I was a person who got insanely bad ones, too.

It is hard sometimes though, mainly because of how drinking is so glorified in this society, and how people react in such negative ways for a simple choice. I don't resent alcohol itself at all, but I know I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this post about how I'm really uptight and reserved and restrained. It's all true, but I'm trying to conquer it without taking the easy route.

It's a test of character for me though to not give into the pressures, and it keeps me all good on the rare occasion I think I need to drink (I rarely drunk alcohol other than social situations). This will be what defines my strength of character, and if I go back, not only do I risk the very worst, but I'll also have failed myself to a massive extreme.

Incidentally, my dad had the same issue with drinking and is teetotal himself. Nowhere near as bad as I can be, but still. Like father like son.

On a side note, it's amazing how girls seem to tend to completely blow you off when you don't drink, even moreso than usual.

Eugh I said WAY too much and keep editing this post...

• Thumbs Up 1

When I go with my friends house we sneek the beers in. I like the budwiser and I also like sake to.

i also like this one to:

soju.jpg

Alcohol? Eh.

To be honest, I never could find myself liking alcohol in general. No matter what I tried, I always find it rather distasteful to consume. In fact, nowadays, I can't even drink the stuff anymore -- due to a side effect from my cancer treatment from a couple years ago, alcoholic beverages leave a somewhat debilitating burning sensation in my mouth that I really rather not experience again if I could help it.

So, I'm pretty much a teetotaler. No pressure, right?

When I go with my friends house we sneek the beers in. I like the budwiser and I also like sake to.

i also like this one to:

soju.jpg

You drink? What the hell? :lol:

You have quite a naughty side sometimes.

You drink? What the hell? laugh.png

You have quite a naughty side sometimes.

drinking isnt all bad haha

but yeah i like drinking because i like the taste. i like to do beer pong. what about you?

drinking isnt all bad haha

but yeah i like drinking because i like the taste. i like to do beer pong. what about you?

No it isn't bad, but it just comes off as a surprise to hear other people who do it when don't seem like someone who would.

I've played Beer Pong with a few friends who were graduating college, and it was fun. I prefer drinking for the kick and how it helps me unwind.

• Thumbs Up 1

I suddenly crave pretzels (like the big fluffy kind that go great with stone ground mustard) and some German Lager. Mmmm Hell yeah!

I drink occasionally, but certainly not as much as most people. I only drink a few glasses a month and even then it's not a lot. The summer holidays is when I drink the most alcohol. Last year on our cruise holiday I drank a bottle of wine and some champagne a day, for two weeks straight! I'm usually cheerful and relaxed when I'm tipsy/drunk, though I've never had too much that I get a hangover thank God.

As for my favourite alcohol...I already mentioned wine though I usually prefer white or rose since it's not too strong. I also love champagne and alcopops like Bacardi Breezer, WKD and Smirnoff Ice. I never go for mixed Vodka drinks or Jagerbombs because I don't like those at all, and I fucking HATE beer because it's nasty and IMO tastes like pee. I think the only really strong drink I like (as in a liquor) which I don't even have very often is Limoncello. It's so syrupy and sweet, mmmm..oh! And I really like cider too, especially the one they have here in Cornwall called Cornish Rattler. Then there's that Swedish pear cider which I can't remember the name of, I like that one too.

Me being the boring guy I have, I barely/haven't really had a drink. Like, I have some cider from time-to-time, buut nothing really. Haven't been drunk and haven't even had a can of beer or some shit, to myself, definitely something I'll inevitably end up trying though.

Hmm let's see. I live in Prague; Czech beer is the best and it's cheaper than water so of course I drink! :D I have to say now I can't really drink the shit they call beer in the UK, so when I go back home I tend to drink ales.

I also like a bit of red wine, especially with cheese.

I'm way past my "drink to get drunk" years. When I was in high school I would drink a lot with my friends, but these days I really keep an eye on my intake.

I remember when I visited Tenerife with my buddies a few months back and the beer on tap was hella cheap. It's brilliant compared to the average price of a beer in pubs here. Cheapest I've found for a pint is £2.50 of really shitty tasting beer. I'm fond of Budweiser but it doesn't exactly come cheap, paha.

I drink alcohol almost every day, but I never get drunk. I don't mean that in the bravado "I can drink all I want and stay upright" but rather in the sensible "I only have one glass and that's it".

Being drunk is horrible. The few times I've experienced it were very unpleasant. I can't understand why anyone would deliberately want to get drunk. Repeatedly.

EDIT: I acknowledge the "can't hold his liquor" joke.

• Thumbs Up 3

I do drink at the weekend occasionally but I know my limits and stick to them, this is the big problem in the UK as people don't know there limits and go mad thus ending up very drunk. Once they educate younger kids about knowing their limits, then the number of people ending up in hospital for having too much should go down. No need to punish the majority of people with minimum pricing for the minority who don't know how to handle it

I've never had a full serving of anything in my life because I don't like the thought of inadvertently pushing past my limit and having a hangover. Regardless, I don't mind actually trying any type of alcohol at least once, although my lack of initiative towards jumping in has made me rebuke the taste of most things. I think the only undisguised taste of alcohol I actually liked was a Blue Moon beer <3; otherwise, it has to be relatively downplayed or nonexistent such as with hard lemonades, alcoholic cidars, or just really well-flavored vodkas like the cinnamon fireball one. But screw tequila and stouts. That crap tastes awful.

I want out gambling last night, there was some pressure for me to just "try" a drink.

When that doesn't work, folks tend to say "Try it in a dessert." I think, "why not just get the normal dessert or something, then?"

It then becomes apparent to me the real appeal is the alcohol itself and its effects. But I see no appeal there either, personally. I've seen what getting drunk makes people do, so I'd rather avoid that. I don't need to "loosen up," since I'm fairly relaxed to begin with. And drinking because someone else is strikes me as... well, ridiculous. My schadenfreude loving side informs me I should just drink water or soda and watch the other person get smashed, actually. :P

Really, I just get this vibe there's no real merit to alcohol (except wine, which has medical benefits in small doses), other than cultural pressure to drink it. The fact I have fatty liver kind of makes it a non-option, anyway. tongue.png