Awoo.

eXtaticus

I'm very picky when it comes to alcohol seeing how I drink anything for the taste factor. Seeing how most alcohol taste bad, I only like a few, such as Vodka, Rum/Whisy/Tequila (for the shots) and anything else mixable. When I drink, I make sure my drinks actually taste good. I only drink socially though, never by myself and when my friends and I do have our "drinking nights" it's about once a month at most.

Since I can mix drinks like Vodka, it grew on me. I could never tolerate beer though. My father told me when I was young that you have to acquire a taste for it like coffee and I always think to myself... how do you acquire a taste for something that taste that bad. It's almost like they keep drinking it until it doesn't turn their stomach anymore or something.

When I am drunk however, I am a flirty drunk (despite having a girlfriend). I will try to f*** anything that moves, so my friends keep me in check. Also, I always have a designated driver, I will never attempt to drink and drive. NEVER!

When its a normal sunny day and Im hanging around my friends I will drink a few beers for the tiny buzz.

As for stronger stuff Its more on a rare occasion where Ill get drunk. Most of the time I drink until I get a good buzz and a bit of dizziness and enjoy the rest of the night with mainly mixed drinks, beers and a few shots if I feel for it with my friends when we go bar hopping or go by one of our houses to play some video games.

Moderation is key.

I think the main reason a lot of people think alcohol is gross is because they try one really strong thing and assume ALL alcoholic drinks taste like that. It's like swearing off all fruit because you dislike apples. There are hundreds of delicious cocktails out there that don't even taste of alcohol.

I'd also argue against "I don't need alcohol to have fun" to be the same as saying you don't need a surround sound system to enjoy a video-game but it sure adds a certain something if you're in the kind of mood for it.

Me, I don't drink often because I think alcohol is far to expensive. I love the occasional night of total drunkeness and the bonding mutual drunkenness can create, but spending like £50 in one night just doesn't sit too well with me.

I will however say I'm totally against drinking til you puke or get a hangover with no memory of the night before. I don't see the point in that.

Oh, and my drink of choice would be girly cocktails, spiced rum/whiskey (straight or with coke) or Sourz/Jagermeister/Baileys (straight).

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 7

Hey, I've had a sample of several kinds of alcohol, pure and cocktail, and I hated every single one of them. I guess my dislike stems from the fermented aspect of it then.

JezMM said it well.

It's kind of funny that people would say something like 'I don't need a drink to be fun and social' as an argument against drinking. Neither do most people who drink. We drink because it's fun, and it can improve the fun of situations it's added too.

I have had a /lot/ of great times while drinking/drunk. Of course I've also had some lame times but I've have both great and lame times while sober. The fun times I've had while drunk were basically made better by the fact that me and others were drinking.

Also hardly anyone likes the taste of alcohol off the bat. Indeed hardly anyone likes the taste of hard liqueur after years of drinking. I still don't like the taste of most alcohols. But I drink juice for something that tastes good, I drink alcohol to get tipsy. It's probably better that hard liqueur tastes bad because it can keep you from over drinking it.

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't drink. Its been a concious choice. I also hate being around friends when they're drunk because they get annoying, so I tend not to hang out with people when they want to go party/drink. I don't want to ruin their time and I don't want to have my time ruined either lol. I don't think that drinking though is wrong, unless you are irresponsible with it, its just not for me.

However what DOES piss me off when people try and glorify how much they had to drink and how much they puked after as if it is something that makes them cool. I don't mind it when my friends tell me 'yeah I went out last night and got drunk and then we did this and that' but once it starts to become glorified and I know exactly how many drinks you had and how hungover you were and how many times you puked, as well as how many things you vandalized etc - I don't care to hear it anymore and it makes me really annoyed and moreover makes me think less of the person after a while. Its annoying to me. Hence why I just don't go out for that sort of stuff lol.

I'll generally partake if alcohol's around, but I don't tend to seek it out. I just don't care too much either way.

...I'm very much a girly cocktails man when it comes down to it, though. I find more or less anything alcoholic that isn't mixed with something obnoxiously colourful to be pretty foul, and regardless of what my ultimate intention is in drinking it, I am not going to put something in my mouth if I don't like the way it tastes. Bring on the tiny umbrellas~

I'm a very very light drinker. I only drink Alcohol on occasions. Like sometimes when I go out to a restaurant, I might order me one of those Specialty Drinks like a Bahama Mama or a cooler. But other then that I drink nonalcoholic beverages.

I don't, not because I hate what it does to people or something like that but because I just despise the taste. I've had wine, beer, hard lemonade, but all of it just tastes bitter or gross. It's the same reason I don't smoke and eat certain foods, it just tastes bad.

I think the main reason a lot of people think alcohol is gross is because they try one really strong thing and assume ALL alcoholic drinks taste like that. It's like swearing off all fruit because you dislike apples. There are hundreds of delicious cocktails out there that don't even taste of alcohol.

Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to try any alcohol at least once, but once is always it. For me It's that damn warm feeling going down the throat that makes me gag. No matter what alcoholic beverage I get, I always get that. For me, I'm not really changing my mind about alcohol anytime soon.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

This is something a lot of people seem to say whom choose not to drink. The thing is, unless you drink a collossal amount, like, more than two Four Lokos and a half a-dozen shots, you will remember just about everything you did the night prior. I remember just about every time I ever got drunk or high, and if you watch what you drink you can still have control over your actions while still having a great time with your friends. I understand if your mom is an alcoholic though, that is some tough stuff.

I fear becoming an alcholic more than anything though after watching it take my mother.

I fear becoming an alcholic more than anything though after watching it take my mother.

Then don't drink, simply put. Sorry if I came off as if I were trying to "sell" it to you, obviously it's a very personal issue for you.

Then don't drink, simply put. Sorry if I came off as if I were trying to "sell" it to you, obviously it's a very personal issue for you.

Oh no. I got what you were saying. :) It's just I only like 1 or 2 drinks because I fear the alcoholism. Plus, I'm always the one that gets the funny stuff on camera :P

Alcohol is my powerup.

My mushroom, my chicken in the trash can, my seven motherfucking CHAOS EMERALDS. When used thoughtfully as a tool, alcohol unlocks your true potential, hidden away beneath layers of cautious inhibition caked on by years of societal preconception.

Drink, and know who you truly are.

• Thumbs Up 6

I've had some of my best of times and worst of times drunk.

I'm no saint - alcohol was the main factor in the one time in my life that I got arrested (I took my shirt off in a nightclub and then refused to leave the club when the bouncer tried to kick me out - spent the night cooling off in a cell, yikes), and I've been known to get angry and belligerent if I've had too much.

BUT also I've had some of the most amazing times, loosened up by a few good strong drinks. I get over my social phobia, I talk and joke with people, I dance, I join in with crazy stuff... One time my fiancée, her mum and I all got a little merry and all us wound up running around outside in the pouring rain and then jumping in her pool. We splashed around and had a great time, fully clothed. It was great.

As an aside, I seem to be better at video games and even games like darts when I'm buzzed. I think it's because I relax, don't overthink the process, and just go with the flow.

For me, I just have to be careful to not drink past a certain point. I can easily drink too much, because I never get sick and very rarely even get a hangover. If I drink too much, things get icky. But mostly, things are awesome and fun.

I drink for the taste. Mostly Cider. For me though, 1 drink is generally enough, and I drink at most once or twice a week, so I'm not really putting myself at risk. (Certainly no more than my weight is putting me at risk).

I can understand why others don't wanna drink, but I'm not terribly happy when people try to tell me if I should or shouldn't drink. Luckily, few people do.

Edit:

I took my shirt off in a nightclub and then refused to leave the club when the bouncer tried to kick me out
Damn, the internet lied to me. It made me think most nightclubs/bars encouraged that sorta behavior. XD Edited by Gerkuman

I've tried plenty of things over the last couple of years, most of them only once. It's not something I'm willing to drink on my own time, but it's a social thing so I wouldn't turn down at least one drink if I was with friends. Some drinks are awful like beer, wine, or rum, but I do enjoy coolers and margaritas. Screwdrivers are nice if there's a reasonably small amount of vodka. The first time I had one, there was too much so it felt like I was downing burned gasoline. When I had a screwdriver recently, the vodka didn't actually burn my throat and in fact added a nice bite to it. So yeah, I almost never drink, but I can like it without reservation depending on the situation.

Screwdrivers are nice if there's a reasonably small amount of vodka. The first time I had one, there was too much so it felt like I was downing burned gasoline.

I remember that time.

Gooood times

;D ;D ;D

TBQF, I've tried wine and champagne and I don't really see the point of drinking either one. And I'm severely allergic to brewer's yeast, therefore that means no beer for me no matter what the hell happens. I don't think this stops me from having other types of drinks, but if anything, I hate the concept of a buzz that has to line your throat as you drink something. I'd rather have something on the sweeter side too, seeing as the drinks I've had have been rather bitter. Urgh. Even rosé wine.

Well, I guess I have no choice but to say no, folks. Even if you try. XD

Rhum however, I'd love to try. Aaaaand Bailey's.

I don't drink alcohol because I hate its taste.

...Erm, yeah.

I don't plan on doing so either for the same reason. That, and to avoid getting wasted, but I seriously doubt that will happen. :P Oh, and while you're being so creative why don't you do something productive with that creativity, like come up with a new style of sonic game that pleases everybody (except of course for those who'll complain no matter what.)

Reading some of this thread and being absolutely bored out of my skull with the essay that I have to write has gotten me in the mood for some Rhum or Whiskey - unfortunately, my parents would never agree to letting me drink something that rich in alcohol outside of very special circumstances, so I'm going to have to go and steal a swig or two while they're out.

This is the start of a problem, I can already tell...

You know what's a really nice drink?

Ouzo and fresh orange juice. First one has more orange than Ouzo, then about half and half and before you know it you're on the floor with just the Ouzo bottle in your hand.

Good times...

Edited by ENVY