Awoo.

Sonic Unleashed and the Modern Formula

Ivo the Egghog

I like it tough, it gives further uniqueness to Sonic in Level Design...with Marble Zone and Lost World they are just you standard plattformer that could have been out of an other game.

Well to tell you the honest truth, it's getting just a tad bit stale, but that doesn't mean you should scrap it entirely. Add more alternative paths, make boosting limited, and encourage a bit of exploration and 3D platforming. All you really need to do is make little tweaks to the style and that's it, scrapping it won't do anything.

I just realized, I'm like a freaking zombie. I buy games like Sonic Team wants, and enjoy them just because they're Sonic. Honestly, I haven't given a Shit about gameplay much since I started. But yeah, one of the reasons i like Sonic is because is has such varied gameplay (variety and multiplayer are two deciding factors in buying a game.) It's also why I buy so many of the games for variation, (and why I loved Unleashed and will Generations, 2 games in one.) So yeah, gameplay is awesome, but if it changed I'd be fine. Gosh, I am such a fanboy. :P