Awoo.

Regular Show

Trixie the Great

Just when I don't think I could give a damn about the CN anymore, Adventure Time appears. I thought it was pretty decent, but I don't really watch a lot of episodes. And then this show arrives. This show is one of the best shows Cartoon Network has recently produced. The plots aren't repetitve or take a spin on things, and it actually retains legit humor (something I'm pretty sure a bunch of current "comedic" kids' cartoons don't retain). The show unbelieveably gets A LOT of crap past the radar (How the H are we gonna fix this S?, you pissed me off), but I think that's another reason why it works.

Edited by Ananze

Regular Show, you say? I love that show! You know how many times I watch it?

I watch this show all day, every day.

ALL DAY. EVERY DAY.

ALL DAY. EVERY DAY.

m21851_alldayerrday.gif

Edited by Benson
  • Thumbs Up 8

Honestly haven't kept up with it lately, but I do enjoy it. The understated, deadpan humor combined with abstract, supernatural imagery and phenomena is really a winning formula to begin with and well executed at that, like King of the Hill meets Courage the Cowardly Dog.

'ELLO GOVNA

I've been going through the first season on Youtube, and so far each episode has had at least one moment that's made me lawl. I'm becoming a bigger fan, and this compilation has practically sealed it. Benson rocks; he's like a PG Ari Gold.

Just when I don't think I could give a damn about the CN anymore, Adventure Time appears. I thought it was pretty decent, but I don't really watch a lot of episodes. And then this show arrives. This show is one of the best shows Cartoon Network has recently produced. The plots aren't repetitve or take a spin on things, and it actually retains legit humor (something I'm pretty sure a bunch of current "comedic" kids' cartoons don't retain). The show unbelieveably gets A LOT of crap past the radar (How the H are we gonna fix this S?, you pissed me off), but I think that's another reason why it works.

I remember when Brain Eraser was going to air and JG had a journal post about it on Deviantart advertising it and he said that they were surprised that they got the episode through and stressed that people should watch because he thought CN wouldn't have many if any reruns of it. Of course, CN has reaired it quite a few times, unedited(as far as I know).

Funnily enough, this show seems more censored in the UK than the US. For example, in the UK, they didn't have Party Pete air humping three girls and had it edited to a more kid friendly dance. The crew negotiated(and begged) that the unedited version of the scene air in the US. And it did.

Oh and "Planks" instead of "Turds".

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember when Brain Eraser was going to air and JG had a journal post about it on Deviantart advertising it and he said that they were surprised that they got the episode through and stressed that people should watch because he thought CN wouldn't have many if any reruns of it. Of course, CN has reaired it quite a few times, unedited(as far as I know).

Funnily enough, this show seems more censored in the UK than the US. For example, in the UK, they didn't have Party Pete air humping three girls and had it edited to a more kid friendly dance. The crew negotiated(and begged) that the unedited version of the scene air in the US. And it did.

Oh and "Planks" instead of "Turds".

I can never catch this on tv. They also don't show it on youtube in my country. Could someone show me the first episode so I could try it out?

Who here likes the summertime song?wink.png

I cannot TELL you how many times I've hummed that song to myself this Summer. laugh.png

Having seen a bunch of episodes, I think it's an ok show, but not great. Some of the humor is eh to me, but the animation itself isn't bad.

Can't wait for Season 3! It's a real shame that various words or parts are cut or changed in the UK version because it's not as funny but thank god for Youtube! My favourite episode would have to be 'Ello Guvnor' - I could watch it over and over and never not laugh at it. If I found someone who didn't like this show, I would have to push their face at the screen and repeatedly say 'You look at it, YOU LOOK AT IT!.

• Thumbs Up 2

This show saved Cartoon Network. The commercials didn't make it out to be anything special, but after watching a few episodes I'm finding it's actually funny. The Macaroni Party song is a little too catchy for its own good.

Regular Show... Hmm... Funny thing about that show. I once had a friend who I recommend show to. He was hesitant at first, but he finally caved in and decided to check it out. The next day, I decided to give him a visit and he had the A/C blasting in his house. It was freezing in there! So I asked him why would he do that, and he told me, "So I can be as cool as this shooooooow!"

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!

I love Regular Show. LOVE IT! Definitely one of my favorite cartoons at the moment. I'll admit, I was hesitant at first. But as soon as I saw the first advertisement, I had a feeling that I would be hooked. And I was right. Regular Show concept is so awesome, being completely ironic to it's name.

The characters are awesome, and have believable personalities. Mordecai and Rigby are perfect examples of two dudes that I wouldn't mind hanging out with. The writing and voice-acting is amazing. Especially the voice acting... My lord, whoever the dude is that voices Benson deserve a drink, a medal and some Tylenol, stat.

Oh, and that humor... I love it that there is plenty of stuff that sneaks under the radar, and this shows doesn't really go out of it's way to hide it. One thing that I loved about cartoons from the 90's was definitely all the hidden/blatant goodies they had that not everyone saw. I'm so glad to see that come back into form with shows like this.

"You pissed me off..."

"Coffee coffee..." *Lactates coffee in mouths.*

"Dude, try kicking him in the junk! Kick'em in the junk! KICK'EM IN DA JUNK!"

"His junk mail...?"

Also....

tumblr_lp8992DLxM1qfktph.gif

Can't wait for Season 3.

Edited by SSMB DLC - YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 4 months later...

What the hell happened to this thread? We should all be discussing the new awesome episodes of this amazing show! In fact, there's going to be a new one tomorrow at 8 EST. Apparently, it's one where Benson gets stuck with Rigby's luck, so I guess we'll just have to see how that turns out.

I've seen every episode of this show so far and season three has to be the best one by far! I absolutely loved this scene from last week's episode too. It was just so trippy and awesome. Plus, with music like that, you can't deny that it's great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TiIpgNsJDY

I also ended up getting this shirt for Christmas. Wore it today to the park, actually biggrin.png (Not me in the picture)

tumblr_lso7vj8S2S1qig8ogo1_500.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer Rigby a bit more myself, but Pops is still awesome tongue.png

It was an awesome episode though, especially the massive explosion that Benson unleashed on Mordecai and Rigby and them being deaf at the end was pretty hilarious XD

• Thumbs Up 2

(I apologize for the double postage)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBsbPSrjQMw

Yesterday's episode!

Which was pretty good,if you ask me. They've had better, one of them being last week's, but it was a good episode overall! The Beach Boys at the beginning was also nice XD

I looked back at the episode there online and couldn't help but notice that you actually see Skips fixing Techmo's arm with the wood there at the beginning, just like Techmo mentions and thanks Skips for later on in present time. I thought that was really interesting.

And since this episode was about Skips, I only find it fair to mention something about him now. His voice actor is a man named Mark Hamill.

Who's Mark Hamill?

LUKE SKYWALKER!

So, yes..

Reg_skips.png = luke-skywalker-star-wars-mark-hamill.jpg

And since this episode was about Skips, I only find it fair to mention something about him now. His voice actor is a man named Mark Hamill.

Who's Mark Hamill?

LUKE SKYWALKER!

So, yes..

Reg_skips.png = luke-skywalker-star-wars-mark-hamill.jpg

O_O wow. I knew I heard that name before.

You know, when you look at Skip's hair do it's pretty clear he's Hammil. Dat mullet.

After watching this, this show turned out way better then I thought it would be. Consider me a fan

• Thumbs Up 1