Awoo.

The Death of Spider-man. (Ultimate Version)

DarkDefeater

This is off topic but Ultimate Spidey is the only thing I've been keeping up with in the Ultimate Universe. Is there anything else worth reading in the Ultimate Universe or is Spiderman literally all that it has going for it?

This is off topic but Ultimate Spidey is the only thing I've been keeping up with in the Ultimate Universe. Is there anything else worth reading in the Ultimate Universe or is Spiderman literally all that it has going for it?

Currently? Not that I know of. But I'd recommend tracking down the earlier issues of Ultimate X-Men and ESPECIALLY Ultimates 1 and 2. (Do not bother with Ultimates 3. Just don't) I remember liking Ultimate Fantastic Four, but I stopped reading pretty early on, mostly out of laziness rather than disinterest.

Well shit, Spidey died and was replaced by some random mexican kid who SOMEHOW has his powers.

Puerto Rican, man! PUERTO RICAN!!!!

Sorry, that was my Puerto Rican side speaking... Anyways I read somewhere in this thread that he's half Puerto Rican and half Black, which something that hasn't been done... interesting. I don't recall seeing a puerto rican superhero before, but anyways, back on topic before it derails into a race argument thread.

Soooo, what do I think about this? Well uh... I don't have anything except... was this really necessary? I mean I always knew Spider-man as Peter Parker, and I've never seen anyone else take his place, (Except possibly that one guy in the clone saga, but I've never read those.) so this kinda comes as a surprise. Of course as everyone else has mentioned on this thread, Peter Parker will eventually come back someway, somehow.

Can't really judge the new guy since we haven't seen much of him. He could possibly be better than Peter Parker (unlikely) turn out to be a decent and likable character (Likely) or he could be a whiny little brat and annoying (also likely) But I cannot say for sure until I read his debut issue.

One thing's for sure though, His outfit is pretty cool.

Marvel Adventures Spider-Man is the best Spider-Man. I don't care at all what happens to Ultimate or 616 Spidey, as long as I have my Marvel Adventures series!

• Thumbs Up 1

*sigh* Oh Marvel.

I just don't get how they can afford to KILL heroes when that's exactly the problem with the UU right now. So little heroes. I'm dissapointed. Next to One More Day this is the biggest letdown I've had from Marvel in a long time. Plus we all know Peter will be resurrected, as always.

I don't care. I don't like Ultimate Spider-Man anyway. They changed too much. The second that I saw Ultimate Green Goblin and his stupid design I stopped reading.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't care. I don't like Ultimate Spider-Man anyway. They changed too much. The second that I saw Ultimate Green Goblin and his stupid design I stopped reading.

Yeah but they already screwed up the main series, now they're ruining spin offs too, I mean damn.

They didn't really ruin the main series for me, but that's due to me not reading a single bit of One More Day.

I honestly can't defend the Ultimate Goblin design, it really is stupid. He's literally just a flaming horny Hulk.

...That didn't come out right...

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah but they already screwed up the main series, now they're ruining spin offs too, I mean damn.

After reading through some of this topic, I have a question.

What's wrong with the Main, 616 Spidey?

A 20 year retcon of Spidey's history happened. Spidey sold his marriage to the devil to save his Aunt, which wrote Marry Jane out of the series.

Seriously.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1

273325-56231-one-more-day_large.jpg

among certain Other things, but thats usually the Obligatory Big stupidity.

for those Uninformed, in that Particuler story, Aunt may got shot by a plain ol Bullet and Pete goes all over the world, asking the Likes of Loki (Northern God of Trickery), Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme and Former Surgeon), Iron Man (Really fucking Rich guy), the X-Men (wich have plenty of Healer among them) the Fantastic 4 (Reed Richard is a Really fucking smrt one), But noone can Help, so Mephisto (aka the Devil) comes in and makes a deal with Spidey. His Marriage with Mary Jane for Aunt Mays Life.......and he agrees.....so yeah......

there are other things wrong with 616 spidey (both in Present and Past), but one more day is the one thats usually mentioned the Most, Considering that it all happened mostly because Joe Quesada (Editor in Chief at Marvel) wanted Spidey to be Single again.

• Thumbs Up 1

A 20 year retcon of Spidey's history happened. Spidey sold his marriage to the devil to save his Aunt, which wrote Marry Jane out of the series.

Seriously.

Huh....can you clarif-

273325-56231-one-more-day_large.jpg

among certain Other things, but thats usually the Obligatory Big stupidity.

for those Uninformed, in that Particuler story, Aunt may got shot by a plain ol Bullet and Pete goes all over the world, asking the Likes of Loki (Northern God of Trickery), Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme and Former Surgeon), Iron Man (Really fucking Rich guy), the X-Men (wich have plenty of Healer among them) the Fantastic 4 (Reed Richard is a Really fucking smrt one), But noone can Help, so Mephisto (aka the Devil) comes in and makes a deal with Spidey. His Marriage with Mary Jane for Aunt Mays Life.......and he agrees.....so yeah......

there are other things wrong with 616 spidey (both in Present and Past), but one more day is the one thats usually mentioned the Most, Considering that it all happened mostly because Joe Quesada (Editor in Chief at Marvel) wanted Spidey to be Single again.

So, in order to make him single again, they absolutely HAD to make it impossible for nearly every Super Genius, Healer, Surgeon, And Magic Users of all people, to help his Aunt that had got the impossible to heal wound...

Shot by an average bullet.

.......What the hell? Why go to such extreme, and illogical lengths just to make Spidey single? I can name a suggestion much more simple and less stupid then that.

Hmmm...how about....*Gasp* THEY BREAK UP!

I don't understand what go through their heads when-

wq-money-woman.jpg

Oh, of course.

• Thumbs Up 3

wq-money-woman.jpg

Oh, of course.

Actually, it was less Money and more wish Fulfillment on Quesadas Part, since he didn't like how Spidey got married and thought he was more Interesting as a Single.

it's retarded as Hell either way, so whatever.

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark

Did we forget to mention that selling his marriage also resurrected Harry Osborn for no reason, and had the entire world forget Spidermans identity?

I wanna go back to the whole Ultimate Spidey thing. It feels like..., well it feels like people hate the idea just on the principle of it not being Peter Parker.

I'm willing to give it a chance anyway.

The Gauntlet, which was basically an apology for One More Day, was fucking amazing though. Spidey's gotten way better, despite him no longer pursuing Mary Jane. You know, they could have just had them divorce over the whole Spider-Man thing rather than "The Devil did it".

I don't really read comics, though I do have a compilation of the first year of Ultimate Spider-Man lying around somewhere, but I know that this is just a stunt that's going to get undone in a few years, tops. The only bad thing that could come out of this in the end is if the the replacement turns out really good and gets written out whenever Peter comes back.

That's really the problem with popular and long running comic franchises. You have to keep going, but it gets stale, so you have to change it up, but big changes can upset fans and lose what has been popularly associated with the series, so so you get things like heroes and villians constanly dying and coming back. This sort of thing happens in comics all around, from the various Marvel/DC comic series to DBZ.

Edited by Ekaje

http://dcwomenkickin...477987113/ikeme

very interesting read about this.

....I can understand hating him because, well, he's replacing Peter Parker. the Spiderman. But hating him because he isn't white? What the fuck, man.

I know I'm focusing on something that's minor to the article, but Jeesuuus Chriiiist.

EDIT: OH MY GOD WHAT ARE WHITE PEOPLE GOING TO DO WITHOUT SPIDERMAN

HE WAS ALL WE HAD

I'm sorry, but that was hilarious.

Edited by Xenos
  • Thumbs Up 1

Huh....can you clarif-

So, in order to make him single again, they absolutely HAD to make it impossible for nearly every Super Genius, Healer, Surgeon, And Magic Users of all people, to help his Aunt that had got the impossible to heal wound...

Shot by an average bullet.

.......What the hell? Why go to such extreme, and illogical lengths just to make Spidey single? I can name a suggestion much more simple and less stupid then that.

Hmmm...how about....*Gasp* THEY BREAK UP!

wq-money-woman.jpg

Oh, of course.

Spider-man was a shit ton more interesting married to Mary Jane than single like he is now. It is not like shit like this is happening?

tumblr_lonkibXEcu1qkxv5zo1_500.jpg

You want examples of Spider-man being interesting married? Okay.

tumblr_kzclzbN9Dd1qbqdjeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_l8xddl8pCM1qbpfelo1_500.jpg

Now he is with some resident Mary Sue named after Joe Quesada's daughter after exploring his relationship issue only after a month while Mary Jane does things that are completely out of character for her while shipping her ex-husband with this bitch. It sucks. It is horrible. And I have long since jumped to the side of the distinguished competition aka DC.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 1

Batman is the only good DC hero, I don't even see why you'd jump ship. That said, I read Batman and then a bunch of Marvel comics. I don't mind 616 Spidey, shit's still good. Problem is it seems like they're repeating Peter's life sucking just for the sake of it, and there's other ways to go.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Batman is the only good DC hero, I don't even see why you'd jump ship.

I dunno man Green Lantern and Flash are kinda cool.

Batman is the only good DC hero, I don't even see why you'd jump ship. That said, I read Batman and then a bunch of Marvel comics. I don't mind 616 Spidey, shit's still good. Problem is it seems like they're repeating Peter's life sucking just for the sake of it, and there's other ways to go.

The problem with this is that a lot of these arcs could have been done without having to do One More Day. Hell, this whole thing about him needing a secret identity could have been avoided if these just kept Spider-man out of the Avengers like he fucking should be and be that small time hero compared to Iron Man, Thor, and Cap. He doesn't need to be fighting extra terrestrial demi-gods every other issue.