Awoo.

The Death of Spider-man. (Ultimate Version)

DarkDefeater

Stan Lee's creation has Peter Parker's parents act as secret agents.They die on the job. Ultimate has Peter Parker's parent get killed on a trip to a science summit along with Eddie's parents. This was made to make the rivalry between Eddie and Peter have more substance. Guess which the movie chose?

And Peter Parker never left highschool. He was only Spider-man for a year and a half. It sucks that much, man.

Ah right. Still doesn't make the movie based off of Ultimate. At the most, it's borrowing elemnts from it. Which isn't a bad thing at all to be honest.

That just makes this decision even more shit! WHAT THE HELL, MARVEL!?

I hope they ressurect him before too long.

I hope they ressurect him before too long.

Depends really. If Bendis does end up doing some great stuff with Miles and his stories then I'd wager Peter returns in about 3~4 years. If he drops the ball well... can you say missing Peter clone? (AKA: one hell of a cheap way out)

Edited by Balding Spider

The ethnicity doesn't bother me. In fact none of it does, I can attest that I am certainly just a casual follower of the Spiderman comics despite him being my fave superhero, mainly for monetary reasons (comics are an expensive hobby if you want a lot of them...). I do say though in general I am just a tad worried because he simply isn't Peter Parker, but if the stories are written well and the artwork is great in the stories with this new Spiderman, I'll be satisfied. Besides, Peter is still Spiderman in the other comics so I can always read those tongue.gif

I just want to say though, the thing that I like the most about all this that even if everything else sucked...

ultsmv3001_pichelli2_02.jpg

Is I just love this design so much. I think it's pretty awesome looking.

That IS a pretty awesome looking design, I must admit. Probably one of the cooler alternate Spidey costumes I've seen.

It is based off the Ultimate comics by mentioning his parents(Stan Lee's Spidey didn't until much later) and his youth and activity during his highschool years. His look(Andrew Garfield looks just like a young Peter Parker with a haircut) is based off Ultimate Spider-man. Gwen Stacey being love interest number one is Stan Lee's and Dikto's creation, but Mary Jane probably won't be introduced until much later.

UltimateFallOut08.jpg

Why Ultimate Spider-man was great.

And now I'm inspired to go pick that up. Only thing is I'm a few issues behind and I'm not sure the local store will still have them. dry.gif

Edited by Speederino

Some new background info Miles.

He's like 13. He's a kid. His mother's Puerto Rican. And for some reason the borough seems to be an issue for everybody, too: the borough is Brooklyn. Where he's going to school, and his own cast of characters, and his parents, and his family — you're going to meet them all in the first issue, and it's all pretty interesting stuff. They live in a world that's been pummeled by Magneto. It's a different world for them than it was for Peter. These elements are just important, too. A kid on a discovery, trying to figure out why to be Spider-Man. It's a big journey for him. It's a character going almost against his entire personality to do this, so a lot has to be discovered.

I must say I'm more interested in learning about Miles now. I want to see how he, his parents, and friends have dealt with the aftermath of the Ultimatum incident.

Edit: Forgot to post the link: http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=43559#comments

Edited by Balding Spider

I wonder if their going to make a movie of Miles aka the New Spiderman.

I highly highly doubt this will last long enough to become even remotely mainstream, and as far as we know Miles could end up being the new Jason Todd. (The Robin everyone hated so much that people voted to kill him off) I suppose some direct to DVD movie could be possible if it becomes well liked.

Edited by Speederino

Well hopefully the Ultimate Series not being the main focused version has him lasting a bit cause I would love to see how this storyline would play out if gone uninterrupted.

I highly highly doubt this will last long enough to become even remotely mainstream, and as far as we know Miles could end up being the new Jason Todd. (The Robin everyone hated so much that people voted to kill him off) I suppose some direct to DVD movie could be possible if it becomes well liked.

Jason Todd was made to be intentional disliked. The role of Robin is entirely different because Spider-man does not have a mentor or a substitute father figure. He has to become his own man. He has to have the entire world to hate him only to slowly gain their respect. Oddly enough, Peter had everything going for him prior to his death. He had a great job that allowed him to be Spider-man, J. Jonah wanted to pay for his college tuition when he found out his identity and vowed to protect his identity and honor in the newspaper, being trained to become a member of the Ultimates (even though Captain America is a dick) and was promised a high paying job by Iron Man in Stark Industries when he is old enough. The kicker, He finally got back with Mary Jane just before he bit the bullet. How he got those things? He fuckin' earned it with uncharacteristic responsibility and refusing to let one person "not be his problem." Ultimate Spider-man displayed the true character of a hero. Something comics have forgotten over time.

This "Miles" character would have been a good origin story...for another superhero. I will give him 3 issues to make me love him. 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jason Todd was made to be intentional disliked. The role of Robin is entirely different because Spider-man does not have a mentor or a substitute father figure. He has to become his own man. He has to have the entire world to hate him only to slowly gain their respect.

I didn't mean literally, just that as far as we know Miles could become just as hated <_<

I didn't mean literally, just that as far as we know Miles could become just as hated dry.gif

Bendis knows that he has to write Miles exceptionally well for anyone to accept that he is Spider-man. He wouldn't do what was done to Jason Todd because the writer admitted to giving Todd the worst qualities. People didn't hate Jason Todd because he was Dick Grayson's replacement. They hated him because he was a snot nosed asshole who tried to tirejack the Batmobile.

Killing Peter Parker? What is this I don't even..... I'm rendered speechless by this decision.

What the he'll. Why would they kill the Ultimate? He was the best and my favorite one. WHY??!

Oh god damn it, this is getting way more attention than I thought it would. Earlier my Dad, yes MY DAD was talking to me about this. He hasn't read a comic book in over 40 years, for crying out loud. Even more astonishing: my brother has heard about it too, as it was apparently mentioned on Tosh.0. My brother is as far removed from nerdy things as you can possibly be, and even he knows about this. This has just reinforced my theory that this is nothing more than a publicity stunt to gain new readership. It's like I said, absolutely no one would give a frak about a black/hispanic superhero if he was a brand new character, so it makes more sense to give him the mantle of an already popular superhero. This wouldn't be bugging me so much if I could just see another reason as to why they're replacing Peter Parker with a guy we've never heard of. As it is now, I've got nothing.

I might just not even bother to read Ultimate anymore. Kind of lame of me, yeah, but Peter Parker IS Spider-Man. We didn't even get to see him grow up like we saw Earth Prime Spidey (that's 616, right?) grow up. This is a shameless effort at grabbing more sales, but that's stupid considering the Ultimate series was a reboot to get new readers into Spider-Man without having prior knowledge of the character.

They hated him because he was a snot nosed asshole who tried to tirejack the Batmobile.

you have to admit though it's a hilarious train of thought

"I'm gonna steal tires!"

"I don't want to get caught!"

"I'm gonna steal BATMAN'S tires!"

"How the fuck did I get caught?"

On another note I know this is totally black person for the sake of black person like everyone is saying, but some people think that's actually a bad thing somehow?

I mean god that's sort of dumb. It's better than black person because the role stereotypically fits a black person.

I think it bothers people because Miles came out of nowhere. There was no hint of him in Ultimate Spider-Man at all, and then suddenly he's Spider-Man. As for myself, I just don't like the idea that they killed Peter Parker period. Whoever they were going to replace him with wasn't going to be good enough for me.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

i really don't read comics

but like

okay, so?

isn't that better?

at least then it's like people can't complain he doesn't fit the role, and it allows for a more creative reason for him becoming spiderman, you know, originality.

It does raise the issue of how the hell he's even a Spider...Man...when he's not even a clone of Peter Parker.

Wait, what if he is. Somehow. DUN DUN DUN. Wait, he's also 13? How is that even remotely a Spider-Man any more, he's in like Middle School.

Edit: I like how the writer says there's no way Peter Parker will be coming back. Ah ha ha BULLSHIT. He'll be back eventually, especially if the new Spider-man fails to take off. He could be be back as early as next year.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Dosen't Spider-Man use machines for his web? Wouldn't it be plausible for this kid to have like some sort of sticky suit to let him climb on walls?

i mean it's not impossiblar

So he's Batman, but Spider-Man. It's not impossible, but he's 13 years old and poor as shit. That's pretty improbable, it would certainly be bad writing.

Well shit, Spidey died and was replaced by some random mexican kid who SOMEHOW has his powers.

I can't tell if this is worse than One More Day or slightly better.

• Thumbs Up 1

I bet many of the people here who complained about it probably also disliked the fact they did the same to the Blue Beetle. Even though that change vastly benifited the title in question (In my opinion anyway)

Well shit, Spidey died and was replaced by some random mexican kid who SOMEHOW has his powers.

actually now it sounds like 2066

It's better. I mean I'd much rather have Spidey die a good death than have his history and marrige get retconned in the dumbest way possible.

Edited by Speederino