Awoo.

The Death of Spider-man. (Ultimate Version)

DarkDefeater

I have a feeling the Avengers thing had something to do with fan demand, but I could be wrong. I mean, there's no point of putting him in there other than people saying he should be in it because he's so awesome.

Wow.

It looks like he already has super powers, if I'm reading that literally.

It'd be neat if he didn't have many Parker type powers, but different spider type shit.

Wow.

It looks like he already has super powers, if I'm reading that literally.

It'd be neat if he didn't have many Parker type powers, but different spider type shit.

I remember hearing a rumor stating that he lacks a spider sense. And as for the powers I'm pretty sure that's what came with his exposure to an genetically altered spider.

Edited by Balding Spider

I remember hearing a rumor stating that he lacks a spider sense. And as for the powers I'm pretty sure that's what came with his exposure to an genetically altered spider.

He has Spider sense. He just doesn't know what it means when his head his ringing.

• 5 months later...

Okay finally after getting around to reading the new Ultimate Spiderman I can safely say I'm really enjoying this. Miles is an interesting character as well as his family and his relationship with them, he's got such an awesome side-kick, and watching Miles make the transition to (attempted) heroism is quite good.

Have no fear this is Bendis at his best.

Well slap my ass and call me Susan, this is actually really, really friggin good. Miles is a really fun character and his supporting cast is showing a lot of potential. I'm really curious to see what happens with his Uncle in particular. Are they gonna have to fight each other at some point? Will the revelation that Miles is Spidey convince him to change his ways? Or will this turn into a major blood feud between the two? I really, really want to know but I can't yet because I'm completely caught up now.

I was critical of this change when it was first announced, mainly because they were playing up Miles's race to the point where it sounded like they just wanted a politically correct superhero. But he's really grown on me. And you know what, I think this is exactly what Ultimate Spider-Man needed. While it never got "bad", it was really starting to stagnate. Oh look, Norman Osborn is back...again. Peter broke up with MJ...again. Now he's back with MJ...again. Peter Parker just got unmasked...again. Speaking of which, I had gotten really annoyed with the fact that Peter's secret identity had become nearly non-existent. It just wasn't that shocking to me when he finally was outed to the public. 90% of his rogues gallery knew, all the other superheroes knew, Aunt May knew, Kong knew, the high school principle suspected it, Jameson knew, Liz Allen knew, even the extremely minor character Jessica Jones had seemingly figured it out, though that plot thread was abondoned a long time ago. It was beginning to feel pointless for Peter to keep to keep the mask on.

Edited by Speederino

Agreed. Black Spider-man is fairly entertaining. I wish that they would learn the difference between hispanic and black. One is a race. The other is an ethnicity. Miles is a black Hispanic as in he is black racially so he is black. Damn.