Awoo.

What are your favorite Sonic couples?

Unknown User

So was I, I was mostly saying that because it was inevitable for someone to respond to it. Just a warning that someone could easily not get it and retaliate with a similar line about Shadow.

*salutes* and thanks for the heads-up. :)

Always worthwhile, once again, saying Shadow is nowhere near my favourite Sonic character, and totally open to any/all attacks! :D

*salutes* and thanks for the heads-up. :)

Always worthwhile, once again, saying Shadow is nowhere near my favourite Sonic character, and totally open to any/all attacks! :D

Whoops. I assumed by your avatar that he was. :lol:

Anyways... yeah, still got my bizarre fascination with crack pairings. Not changing anytime soon. Yay for me.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Anyways... yeah, still got my bizarre fascination with crack pairings. Not changing anytime soon. Yay for me.

Considering that the Sonic & Mario franchises have been featured in a couple of crossovers that open a lot of possibilities for shipping, have you my good doctor ever considered the likes of Vector X Bowser? =3

Edited by Skull Leader

On a friendship basis it has to be sonic and tails. Because of the way tails looks up to sonic. On a romantic basis maybe knuckles and rouge. Just because i like the way rouge and knuckles interact with eachother.

Considering that the Sonic & Mario franchises have been featured in a couple of crossovers that open a lot of possibilities for shipping, have you my good doctor ever considered the likes of Vector X Bowser? =3

Like I said before, there should be no romance in Sonic games, but if I had to choose outside of a game I'll say Tails and Cosmo in Sonic X. It was good but so sad what happened between them.

Edited by thedarkknight
  • Thumbs Up 1

Eggman and Grodus? What about Crump, man? I'll support any ship that gives us a shot at an Egg Dragoon/Magnus von Grapple team-up.

Anyway, stuff:

I like Vector and Vanilla. Sure, they only ever happened in Sonic X, but it's not like either of them really have anywhere else to go in the games and they're just so cute. And really, a crocodile and a rabbit? That's about as cracky as you can get without getting robots or monsters of the week involved.

Knuckles and Rouge are pretty good. God help me, I find their stupid bickering amusing, and they made enough of an impression on me in SA2 that it doesn't really matter to me that they haven't gotten much attention since then.

Also, frankly... I prefer Shadow and Rouge as friends. There really aren't enough male/female friendships in fiction, and I like what they've got going on, not to mention that a relationship between those two would stand a significant risk of being played for melodrama (good lawd, Shadow's Maria issues), something I'm really not too interested in. Rouge and Knuckles are funny; that's really what I'm looking for from this series. I've said it before, but I think that if Shadow ever gets a love interest it should be basically a comic relief character to balance out his dour douritude.

When Amy's not being portrayed as a psychopath, I can see some potential for her and Sonic. I do kind of like where they're at right now, though, with just the occasional tantalizing hint on Sonic's end.

• Thumbs Up 1

Like I said before, there should be no romance in Sonic games, but if I had to choose outside of a game I'll say Tails and Cosmo in Sonic X. It was good but so sad what happened between them.

Kind of ironic(And tragic) that one of the youngest of the main cast had the one of the most deepest romances....then she died.

• 1 year later...

My tip top favorite Sonic couple is Sonic x Amy Rose. No question or doubt about it, I love these two. Vert already addressed the hints and moments in Sonic X, so I think I'll try and tackle what cements it for me in the game canon.

Amy's always thought that she and Sonic were fated to meet, which they did in Sonic CD. Red string of destiny plays a large plot of their interactions it seems, as she often mentions it when first encountering Sonic during the course of a game. There's also this:

800px-Classic_amy_orthographic.svg.png

I merely thought it was a simple headband that they carried over into her redesign until seeing this. She figuratively is wearing her end of the red string of destiny, a special line between two people fated to fall in love.

Heck, the other characters have often joked about Amy having a sixth sense for Sonic. No matter where he is, she can find him without much problem (save those instances where she's confused Silver or Shadow for Sonic).

As for Sonic, I'd like to think that he's gradually become more accepting of the fact that Amy chases after/can find him, and has warmed up to it. He is also either quick or slow to action if she's involved. Like how he stood down from attacking Gamma after she pleaded with him not to. Or how he spent a good level racing to find her in SA2 while Eggman was actively making threats on her life.

He might just care for her like a good friend, but there are just a few too many subtle hints at it being more than that with him, and I enjoy that. :3

And forgive me if this is weird, but I totally ship Sonic/Amy/Shadow as a pairing. Too many clique love triangle tropes I suppose, but I love it all the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

......fuck it.

I ship Sonic/Blaze, why? Because their chemistry is awesome. I also ship Knuckles/Rouge, cuz their little dynamic is hilarious to watch, and it needs to fucking come back.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge
  • Thumbs Up 1

A year later, and I'm still more of a "subdued" crack pairing person, if only because I always enjoy seeing the various kinds of interaction. And Sonic or Tails are usually involved.

*shrug*

Edited by Dr. Crusher

I'm probably going to piss a massive amount of people off by saying this, but..I wanna know, what's the appeal of Sonic/Amy? I mean the bulk of their interaction is Amy chasing after him and Sonic running away, other than that, nothing really special...I mean I know people like to use X, and I admit their chemistry was really cute there, but it's X sooo.....yeah.

*Hides in a bunker*

• Thumbs Up 3

^Because they like to think Sonic is just being shy whenever Amy chases him or whatever. That's the only reason I keep hearing.

If I was being chased by someone like that, I'd more annoyed than shy and I consider myself a shy person in general. That and Sonic never struck me as the shy type.

• Thumbs Up 4

If I was being chased by someone like that, I'd more annoyed than shy and I consider myself a shy person in general. That and Sonic never struck me as the shy type.

Same here, only I'd probably be more helpless and passive about it, ergo making things worse for everyone.

*shakes fist*

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know, but the reason I really liked Sonic/Amy in Sonic X it's because as Verte exemplified before, there are lot's of scenes where they really seem to have a thing for each other, Romantic Scenes, Subtext, Interaction!! I mean I always enjoyed watching Sonic interacting with the girl he seemed to like, I mean, come on:

9. Amy's attempts to save Sonic from the Aqurius water/planet egg planet just result in her being practically knocked out when she sinks into Aqurius. Sonic grabs her in both arms, looking clearly concerned until the planet eggs save both of them. They entwine hands before gazing into each others eyes either spellbound or in deep affection. Both manage to escape Aqurius, Amy in Sonic's arms. Everyone else looks on happily.

that's a damn Held Gaze going on there dudes, it's the most romantic interaction before kissing in fiction, actually, it's exaclty what often comes before a kiss, therefore it creates an unholy ammount of romantic tension in a scene.

what made me enjoy Sonic/Amy in Sonic X that are their interactions, it's exactly what works against the pairing in the game continuity IMO...

because... *joins bunker*

that's exaclty the kind of interaction and subtext Sonic is portraied to have with Blaze instead of Amy... what makes her come across as the love interest instead of Amy.

I know cool heroes have multiple love interests and such, but that's what bugs me with Sonic/Amy:

In Sonic X, Sonic runs from Amy, but here is the thing, when Sonic must act mushy, or love dovey in a scene with a girl, Amy is the character used, Amy is the love interest, it WORKS!

In the Game continuity however, Sonic runs from Amy, and when Sonic must act lovey dovey in a scene with a girl, another character is used... therefore, another character is the love interest...

that's kinda... what ruins Sonic/Amy for me in the games... the scenes (acting, subtext) and the interaction makes me percieve Blaze as a love interest, just like Amy is in Sonic X.

you can blame Tv Tropes for changing my perception of fiction.

TL:DR version:

I liked SonAmy in Sonic X because they seem to have the hots for each other in that continuity.

I tend to avoid SonAmy in the games because Sonic seems to have the hots for another girl, instead of Amy.

Edited by Anti Alias
  • Thumbs Up 3

Not that the fans give a shit about stuff like that, go post that on the Sega Forums and see how long before the "Anti-Amy hate Brigade" jumps down your throat.

In any case, I notice the most popular pairings tend to be the ones with the least amount of chemistry; Sonic/Amy(at least towards the games), Shadow/Rouge, Tails/Cream, Silver/Blaze huh, it's funny how a fandom twists things most of the time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic and Tails

Sonic and Knuckles

Sonic and Metal Sonic

BEST PAIRS!

Um... I don't think you quite understand what is meant by couples.

Or you do and it's time to be very scared.

"You might know everything I'm going to do, but that won't help you because I know everything you're going to do! Strange, isn't it!?"

"NOW NEITHER OF US WILL BE VIRGINS."

• Thumbs Up 2

Not that the fans give a shit about stuff like that, go post that on the Sega Forums and see how long before the "Anti-Amy hate Brigade" jumps down your throat.

In any case, I notice the most popular pairings tend to be the ones with the least amount of chemistry; Sonic/Amy(at least towards the games), Shadow/Rouge, Tails/Cream, Silver/Blaze huh, it's funny how a fandom twists things most of the time.

I like Shadow/Rouge better than Knuckles/Rouge.

I think it's more... heartwarming, besides, Shadow broken's heart really needs a fix.

*runs

*comes back.

but I also could write an huge essay on how Knuckles/Rouge has from my own research, more evidence, more subtext and more overall chemistry.

I dunno, I think I'm really shipping neutral...

=v

"You might know everything I'm going to do, but that won't help you because I know everything you're going to do! Strange, isn't it!?"

"NOW NEITHER OF US WILL BE VIRGINS."

"It's okay Metal. You'll always be a virgin. You're a robot. You don't have a penis."

*Metal jumps into volcano*

"I guess he was getting a little too hot about it!"

*laugh track*

*credits*