Awoo.

What are your favorite Sonic couples?

Unknown User

This topic probably has been posted several times, but here are my favorites.

SonAmy, ShadAmy, and Knuxouge. Hm, that's pretty much it really.

Oh and I'm getting a soft side for Sonaze, too.

Edited by Ishtar
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 2

>topic about pairings

>kill me now

:P

In all seriousness, I'm one of the few that doesn't support pairings whatsoever regarding this franchise; minus one, which is of Sonic and Blaze. And honestly, looking at that one, I don't even fully mean it that way either. It's mostly the fact that those two could have very subtle mutual interest and small nudges towards it, but nothing serious, important or game-changing about it. Shadow and Rouge is about the same in that respect, but I don't often think of those characters, as pairings or in general. You know, I don't really support that either. Shadow's too brooding and Rouge is a maneater. :V

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 2

Pretty much the following:

Sonamy (the Sonic equivalent of Basara X Mylene from Macross 7, plus Amy IMO is the only girl that can be shipped with Sonic without compromising his character or whom he is.)

Vecpio

Blazamy

Amouge

Rouge X Topaz (probably the only anthro X human couple I'm willing to actually support)

Eggman X Ella (I consider Ella the only lady that is good enough to be shipped with the manly sexiness that Eggman is)

Orbot X Cubot

Shadow X Cream (thank you KCG)

As for OT3, currently I support Sonic X Amy X Blaze.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Sonic and Sally: These two are cute together, and there personalities play off each other very well.

Knuckles and Julie-Su: Another cute couple. Knuckles treats Julie-Su as more then just a soldier. Plus the way that they are both headstrong and jump into things is funny.

Knuckles and Shade.

Shadow and Rouge: Rouge is the only person who really understands Shadow. And Shadow seems to care about Rouge, but he would never admit it.

Fiona and Scourge: This is a twisted relationship. And Fiona is becoming more corrupted the longer she stays around Scourge. Scourge is everything that Fiona should hate, but she's attracted to him. And Scourge seems to trusted Fiona seeing as how he made her "Queen of Moebius".

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

The only Sonic couple I actually support is SonAmy since Sonic Adventure. I'm not as big as a fan now like I was a few years ago now since they made Amy a complete nutcase. Before Sonic Adventure I use to support SonSally for a few years.

I also like SonTails but only as brotherly/friendship.

Heeere we go again~.

Sonic and Amy is my OTP. It's Amy's adorably humorous antics and Sonic's reactions that make me love this pairing~. Although, I wouldn't want them to be together because it would kinda ruin it. The only way I would see them "together" working out as still interesting is if they acted like Pucca and Garu. Pucca loves to smother Garu with affection but Garu doesn't like it very much, but they're still a couple through and through.

Then there's Sonic and Blaze, but because of the above pairing I only see it as Blaze having a crush on Sonic. (Ultimately Sonic is neutral to both girls, though.) Curse you Sonic Rush and your implications.

I have a soft spot for Knuckles and Rouge as well. Thier really isn't a reason besides being a Takahashi Couple. The best part is that it isn't too cliched because Knuckles isn't afraid to fight back to Rouge. They're a pair of equals~. :3

Others I'm neutral to and very few I dislike.

Shadow X Cream (thank you KCG)

I DID NOTHING.

• Thumbs Up 3

The only common (refuse to call "official", things like ShadowXAmy are far from "official") parings that come to mind are SonicXBlaze and TailsXMarine. All the other ones that gain my interest are unusual, as I admitted back in the Shameful Secret thread. It can range from "Standard Unusual" to "Reaching SMS/Pur Territory Unusual", 85% of them are unusual all around anyway. The usual suspects like SonicXAmy/ShadowXAmy/ShadowXRouge/KnucklesXRouge/SilverXBlaze/Etc Etc Etc just don't grab me all that much.

Even so, despite liking so many (bizarre) ones, I don't consider myself a pairing sort of person. Or at least I'm not as Serious Business about it as others.

At the very least, finding a crack couple that I like means I won't have to go through yet another "Sonic upsets Amy, Amy returns years later but acts like a bitch, Sonic suddenly loves her and tries to make up with her and/or Shadow falls for her instead" device that I've seen only a million times before... then there's the persistent "Sonic Really Loves Amy" Theories... bah.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

I DID NOTHING.

Yes you did. =3

And while it may be wrong because of the huge age gap, what really caught my attention was how well it was written, especially the part where Cream, in a very innocent manner, starts off a relationship that ultimately is not accepted by her friends and family, forcing both characters to leave everything behind in order to pursue their happiness.

Sonamy, because I find them to work quite well as a couple. Though she has gone on the borderline of ridiculous, I liked how she acted in Sonic Adventure. Toyful, and not too stalker-ish. She sort of kept her distance away from Sonic. And even though Sonic demonstrated that he didn't have very much interest, he still tried to save her a few occasions in SA1. Either way, Verte PERFECTLY portrayed Sonamy, so yeah. Those are really good reasons of why I think they'd work well as a couple. XD

Sonblaze, actually works... The way it was implied in Sonic and the Black Knight was pretty damn good. I felt that there was a spark between the two, when Sonic saved Blaze from falling into molten lava. I liked it.

Knuxouge works fantastically. I can see the two of them being together perfectly well. Specifically that last fight in their respective stories in SA2. :P

Shadamy works well, too, though not as much as Sonamy, in my opinion. But the way I think it works is because of that part where Amy was talking to Shadow in the ARK. I could see a connection there, as well.

Edited by Tatsumaki
  • Thumbs Up 2

Pairing thread?

The two canon ones, since neither get anything more serious than injuries (either mallet, fist, or foot inflicted)

Amaze

S&K

Flying Foxes

Patriotic Poly: Red, White, and Blue (and in that order)

Pretty much anything SMS, Animegirl, etc., draws...

I really just support Sonamy. Possibly because I think it's cute, but more likely because I spend a lot of time talking to Skull Leader and KCG. ._.;

None really.

Occasionally a relationship is implied, but never really developed.

Knux-Rouge was literally a 1 game wonder. Shad-Rouge was only really heavily implied in 06.

As for Sonic-??? pairings?

I don't really think there is one defined one. He seems to be comfortable around all female characters, but never really puts any serious amount of emotion into any particular relationship. As far as I have seen, he considers most female characters, he knows, to be his friends, and that's about it.

The reason I think why, is partially because he's a drifter. Settling down into a relationship wouldn't suit a character with no solid affliations, beyond the nebulous concept of "friends", which basically translates to anybody Sonic thinks is worth saving, or worth having as a friend. The reason I reckon he's never really considered an romantic interest in Amy, is because she's possesive to the point of aggravation, she's insanely pushy and in the case of Black Knight, is willing to get violent if Sonic doesn't do what she wants him to do.

• Thumbs Up 2

At the very least, finding a crack couple that I like means I won't have to go through yet another "Sonic upsets Amy, Amy returns years later but acts like a bitch, Sonic suddenly loves her and tries to make up with her and/or Shadow falls for her instead" device that I've seen only a million times before... then there's the persistent "Sonic Really Loves Amy" Theories... bah.

This! one of the things I honestly hate is when characters are made to act OOC. Also the ones where characters are paired at the expense of satanizing a third one.

S&K

Didn't the manual of Sonic R pretty much made that one canon? XP

To Cero: Yes. =3

Edited by Skull Leader

ShadAmy. It's the only couple I've significantly entertained since the beginning with fanfiction, art, and a roughly nine-year old roleplay series. There's a strong dichotomy between the two characters that makes it very easy and fun to create a lot of emotion, passion, and friction between them. My general interpretation of them after all that development is thus:

Shadow, as someone who mostly knows hardship, is attracted to innocence and honesty which Maria basically was and which Amy, when she puts aside her shallowness, possesses in spades. Amy is also the closest thing to a recurring mother figure the cast has, the ace up her sleeve when compared to Cream; she loves putting her independence to use protecting others and has put her life on the line for her friends, and she talks of the classic western home life enough for it to be a noticeable pattern. The ideals she has and tries to force onto Sonic would be naturally attractive to someone who's been through the wringer.

In return for the emotional stability Amy is willing and able to give, Shadow primarily provides physical stability. He's a veritable tank outfitted with frightening amounts of Chaos energy; he can handle most of anything that threatens to immediately harm Amy, and under the constant reminder of Maria, he does the job with fervor. His high success rate lends to a confidence and pride that are unshakable even in the dire situations that would've made Amy crack. Even if the world is literally burning down, Shadow has the credibility and strength to reassure Amy that things are going to be okay so long as he's still up and kicking.

The contrast rationally covers many holes- If Shadow is ever hurt, Amy possesses the instincts and resolve to take care of him efficiently. Anything Amy needs or wants, Shadow can easily obtain it through his own will and connections. When Shadow doesn't understand common custom or habit, Amy has the life-long context and social experience to help him understand and fit in better. When Amy needs to vent, Shadow makes the perfect punching bag. But the contrast creates an everlasting point of contention between them-- Shadow's need to protect Amy versus Amy's need to exert her independence. Amy usually wins out.

But that's all fun fanon. I know the games don't really support it outside of what you could take as hints in SA2, but officially I prefer most of the romantic tension to be relegated to hints and teases anyways. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

CharmyXCream, but only when they're old enough to actually be in some sort of relationship.

Eh, should really expand on that. It's rather simple reasoning, to be honest. Cream and Charmy's personalities compliment each other, at least more than I feel Tails and Cream do. Granted, I'm not one who demonises a different couple just because it's not my couple, and in fact I wouldn't mind them getting together either (because, well, hating my favourite cute character because he got what my second-favourite cute character didn't? What illogicy is this?), but meh.

Edited by VEDJ-F

I don't really have any, for a few reasons; I only really care about the games, the games haven't really made any effort to establish any pairings (the most they've done is some teasing at Sonic and Amy), and I don't seek out pairings where they don't already exist.

I thought about talking about what pairings I'd think would be interesting, if they were used, but then I realized I don't really have much to say on that, either. Sonic and Amy definitely has potential, especially considering some of the stuff they've done lately. It wouldn't even have to change much; Sonic could still run, and Amy could still follow. The Rushes give some weight to Sonic and Blaze, though it seems a bit one-sided; Sonic doesn't treat Blaze any differently than most of the cast, but I could see Blaze admiring Sonic after he helped her out in Rush. And I'd like to say Tails and Marine, if only to have a nice numerically satisfying set of 3, but they'd have to interact more for it to have reason beyond "similar age, opposite genders, one common interest".

edit: Also I used to kind-of-sort-of support Shadow and Amy, mostly because of their scene in SA2's last story, but since they've barely interacted since, there's not much to build on.

Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not all that concerned with which cartoon animal likes another, but Sonic and Blaze isn't too bad. Blaze is equal to Sonic in ability and know responsibility for saving their respective world, meaning they wouldn't slow each other down. They actually complement each other well. They kind of made that realization in the ending for Sonic Rush. Sonic acted strangely out of character when he needed to leave. Usually he's like "ok see you later lol" but he really stalled with Blaze. And the holding hands at the end. No need for a fullblown romance, but just the occasional nod, I'd be ok with.

Edited by thatguyfrom03
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't mind the other characters falling for each other.

Just leave sonic single please.

All that romance is why I hate the sonic acrhie comics.

Dude, this is SEGA. They think that we are all children, so no romance allowed in Sonic games.

• Bad Quality Post 3

Sonic and Knuckles, the way Sonic rides his back in Sonic Advance 3... Oh man, I knew that there was something going on between those two.

I once saw a Sonic/Caliburn scene montage on YouTube. It's...amusing just how much that couple is subtly and sometimes not-so-subtly pushed by the writers.

Sonic: What? Are you jealous or something?

Caliburn: For a knave such as you!? Ri-ridiculous!

Sometimes I wonder if the Sonic shipping scenes in that game (as in, Sonic/Blaze Percival and Sonic/Amy as well) were put in solely so that they could give the fangirls some fodder but still without even hinting at tying Sonic down to anyone. Why else would they ship him with three characters at the same time? :lol:

I'm going to go ahead and say that I support Sonic/Blaze. Partly because, since they live in different dimensions, it could theoretically work without affecting the game plots at all.

Edited by Unknownlight
  • Thumbs Up 2

Dude, this is SEGA. They think that we are all children, so no romance allowed in Sonic games.

• Bad Quality Post 2