Awoo.

What are your favorite Sonic couples?

Unknown User

But she's not very likable everywhere else from the looks of it. Seriously, what in the hell is the point of having a character that can cater and be likeable only to pretty much one area in a series released near worldwide?

Answer;

There IS no point.

None.

At all.

Edited by The Awesome Arcanine

but Amy IS likeable THERE!

Just ask SMS Skull Leader!

Yes, one fan obviously speaks for the world.

Seriously, do you have any evidence Amy is even remotely popular over there? Do you see a lot of Amy merchandise being sold in Japan? No, so....I don't get how you can say she's popular with no evidence backing it up.

I'm gonna scoot back in and reinstate my liking for the Blaze/Sonic/Chilidog love triangle.

I also really kinda like Knuckles/Rouge, wouldn't mind Shadow/Amy if it was elaborated upon, and have a slight soft spot for that whole Vanilla/Vector thing. However my true OTP will forever be Eggman/himself, that right there bes for real true love.

Jokes on that last one.. or not really. Shipping is always okay and an innocent fun thing, and I don't really see the problem with it as long as it isn't forced into the canon (just hintages are nice), or just makes no sense within the canon (looking at you Silvaze). That, and well, if you take it that seriously then what are you doing with your life dshfjds.

My favorite Sonic-related couple is me getting nice and cozy playing a good Sonic game.

I also ship this. AzooXSancgames. Ees true.

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 1

Silver and Blaze.

*hides in corner hoping not to get punched or shot by anyone*

Girl, you better put down that 06 and get some Rush! angry.png

I kid, of course. I don't have a problem with other peoples pairings as long as they're not obnoxious about it.

... I still stand by Metal Sonic X Shadow Androids(ALL OF THEM!).wub.png

I like SonicXBlaze.

That's... about the gist of it. If I was forced to pair Amy with someone, it'd probably be Silver.

Silver and Blaze.

*hides in corner hoping not to get punched or shot by anyone*

Girl, you better put down that 06 and get some Rush! angry.png

I kid, of course. I don't have a problem with other peoples pairings as long as they're not obnoxious about it.

... I still stand by Metal Sonic X Shadow Androids(ALL OF THEM!).wub.png

While I don't have problems with pairings in general, I tend to avoid stories with Silver/Blaze because... well, Blaze the character I know and like isn't very preserved in this situation, and usually lot's of canon raping events happens in a chain, mostly related with Sonic '06 and the solaris paradox but whatever...

I thought it was bad because it took Blaze out of the character I like to see in the games, but then I run across as something a thousandfold worse.

Sonic the Vampire, a comic.

it's, un be li va ble.

seriously, I didn't thought shit could go THAT FAR!

think about every single thing can could be possibly twisted in a pairing fanfic and put this up to eleven.

warning VERY VERY, holy crap, I don't even... but you have been warned.

http://fc06.devianta...ia5-d3dqywe.jpg

yes, the pregnant one, is Sonic...

I don't want to live on this planet anymore... good lord...

and I thought I couldn't find worse shit (But it's actually well drawn, I've got to give that) on dA, holy crap...

holy crap...

it only keeps getting worse...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Sonic and Sally.

I know technically they're not together anymore but in my opinion, I've always seen her as the perfect love interest for Sonic.

I love how they have rather opposite personalities, yet clearly have always had feelings for one another. I also like the fact Sonic actually liked her back, both in SatAM, and in the comics. Also, that Sonic doesn't have to run away from her 24/7 as she's not a crazed fangirl (SonAmy fans, don't hate me D:), is to my liking smile.png Oh and another thing I like, is the fact these two were about the only couple in the Sonic universe which were a canon couple (albeit in the comics).

Other than Sonic and Sally, I don't support couples... don't see the point really cause it's not like the Sonic series is about to turn into a soppy romance series laugh.png (or at least I hope it isn't) And don't really see the point in just fantasising about couples being together. 

...Sonic and Amy. That's it really. Let's look into this shall we?

Amy-s-Wedding-sonic-and-amy-1704588-358-

In Sonic Adventure, Amy is obviously obsessed with Sonic, which is pretty realistic since Sonic is, quite frankly, a badass motherfucker who's all "radical" and "dude with da 'tude" and all that other '90s bullcrap which I didn't care for even then to be honest :U she meets up with Sonic and then we see a rather strange side of him... he gets all nervous and runs away, which is... unlike him, to say the least tongue.png Then in SA2 Amy goes into full stalker mode and the two don't actually interact much, but Sonic does save her from getting her brains blown out by a power-crazy Eggman, which counts for something I guess? In Sonic '06 the crazy bitch even says Sonic means more to her than the world itself... but I think the best moment for these two characters comes from Sonic Unleashed...

Amy mistakes Sonic... for Sonic. Now, you'd expect Sonic to find it a relief that Amy was out of his way for once, wouldn't you? But nope, she's completely oblivious to the Werehog actually being Sonic, and it... saddens him. :3 Chip tries to be all hyperactive and cheerful as normal, but Sonic just mopes away all upset. One of the few times he's shown mutual interest beyond just being an overall swell dude, and one of the highlights of what I think has provided some of the best character interaction in the series, and what could be a lot better if THEY ACTUALLY USED THE FUCKING CHARACTERS it was expanded upon, like with all the character interactions in this series to be honest...

I dunno, but whenever I see Amy paired up with Shadow or Sonic paired up with Shadow Blaze or whatever, it just kinda irks me what with HOW OUT-OF-CHARACTER AND STUPID IT IS Amy and Sonic being probably my favorite couple from the series besides Dr. Eggman and Classic Robotnik or Knuckles and Rouge, so yeah... laugh if you want... :U

Edited by Jolly Joker Frost

• 5 months later...

none

Cool beans, but could you put some effort into your reasoning why or something? It's hard to be a discussion board when there's nothing to discuss off of. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

well it's kinda obvious, i said none as i dont like sonic couples, simple what's your favourite sonic couple, my answer none.

Sonic and Knuckles is a popular one; whenever I write fanfiction, I sometimes joke they had some sort of relationship in the past but it didn't work out because of the distance.

I've been convinced Shadow and Tails is nice, simply because the art I've seen of it is just bloody adorable.

I don't like Shadow quite like I used to so don't really pair him up with anyone... but hey, same as above.

I'm gonna break the mold here and say I support Sonic x Manic. They can't have kids (well unless we're in some REAL crackpot territory) so what's the problem with it?

In my case, my homosexuality has meant I don't really enjoy heterosexual pairings that much. Would make my day if it turned out Sonic was bisexual and not interested.

I do support one heterosexual coupling, however: Super Sonic and Ebony. Yes Ebony's twice his size but I tend to overlook that. I just see an enormously strong bond between them, and as we know, in fiction the line between a close friendship and romance blurs very easily. The level of insane devotion with which Ebony tries to bring her friend back is on par with Shadow's devotion to Maria prior to the Last Story of SA2. Super Sonic obviously cares for her a great deal as well; he even tried to get her to stay behind when he went to absorb Chaos' power. I suspect he knew that he wasn't going to be the same once he got a hold of it and didn't want to hurt her.

I honestly don't like Sonic couples that much. Basically because they've been shipped up by FAR too many people and claiming that their 'Canon to the games.' dry.png The poor fanbrats....I honestly have nothing against them though. I just don't like the fanbrats. Just my opinion. *shrug*

Edited by EllensAcc
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mine is Mephilies X Cream, or Mepheam as it is sometimes known. Unfortunately, not many people ship it.

• Thumbs Up 1

We should pair everyone with everyone including their younger selves. It would make all relationships canon.

We should pair everyone with everyone including their younger selves. It would make all relationships canon.

Lord knows how popular Classic x Modern Sonic is.

Hmm, put me down for that one too. I actually do like selfcest now that I think about it.

Yes it doesn't make any sense whatsoever (nor do most couples I ship) but I like them just the same. :P

A recent one I've come to ship a lot is Sonic 06 X shit.

There's a lot a chemistry between the two, almost as if they are one and the same.

• Thumbs Up 2