Awoo.

Sonic 3ds Max work

exojamesm

This one is great one more time!!! I particulary like the texture of the death egg, but I think Sonic is a little "froze" in this position, maybe he can be a little more "victorious" no?

Thanks for your work again!!

I dunno why, but the Master Emerald doesn't seem, shiny? enough? I dunno. It looks quite, matte for a shiny emerald :x

Yes i know. This scene is nowhere near finished. Hardly even started. Already been changing its textures

Yes i know. This scene is nowhere near finished. Hardly even started. Already been changing its textures

Ah cool \o/ Can't wait for the finished result then!

That Death Egg almost looks more like the Moon from Majora's Mask by the way.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I'd change the texture on The Death Egg if I were you. It almost looks like it is made out of a pine-cone to be honest! Perhaps you could make it so the panels don't stick out so much, or vary it up a bit since it looks rather uniform and layered.

Looking great thus far otherwise, I realize its still early in on this one.

I say you have fun with a few extrusions on the death Egg, give it more depth and detail beyond the textures. Speaking of which, add more than one texture, map a different but similar one with a different shade of color onto different places. Also if you're feeling gangsta, maybe add some distant lights onto the machine. Also clouds, but at this point I'm just talkin'. Better than anything I've made so far, you're an inspiration! Keep up the great work, I can kinda see you're making progress.

EDIT: It's hard to tell what you're rendering with, but as for the Master Emerald, Mental Ray shaders would go great with some more detailed textures (forgot what you said you were rendering with though, plus I use Maya so I'm not sure if some of what I said applies.)

Edited by SuperJXJ

The textures on the new tornado model are brilliant, I'd actually gladly have that in a game :)

• Thumbs Up 1

The death egg is currently just imported from my hidden palace scene. Nothing has been touched on it at the moment. Im using vray shaders would be no point in switching to mental ray. Like i said in my post only been playing with my tornado model so far.

This look better for the m.emerald now?

-Clouds are from sky chase at the moment, just for a currently more interesting background :P

doomsdayvictory2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

Ok any better? - still prob needs some work, but should be getting closer

doomsdayvictory5.jpg

Edited by Exo_Chaoslava
  • Thumbs Up 4

Reworked the lighting on it biggrin.png

Hows it looking now ?

doomsdayvictory6.jpg

Awesome as always! The reworked lighting really does make it look a lot better.

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yes!! Glad you made such a big jump in impovement. How are your animating skills?

Thanks! Not so bad, though havent done much since uni, got one on youtube

• Thumbs Up 5

Man, your master Emerald is much better now!! really cool, u give me motivation to start working on 3Dsmaxbiggrin.png

Edited by Kaelung

lol dude you've go alot of skill and experience! Have they landed you a job yet?

Afraid not, quite difficult to first get noticed, and then for a job to come from that

The new Master Emerald and Death Egg look great! I also really like how you set up the lighting there.

• Thumbs Up 1

That Death Egg design gave me a boner...

Why I felt the need to blurt that out, I have no clue.

• Thumbs Up 1