Awoo.

Sonic 3ds Max work

exojamesm

my thread a lot quieter than it used to be lol, thats what i get for disappearing for a few months :P

bit further on hidden palace 

hiddenpalace2start4.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

Last update of the day, starting to take shape. Looking back on my last hidden palace, the difference is just crazy lol 

hiddenpalace2start5.jpg

Just sooo different lol

Hiddenpalaceexo.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

I think I like the newer version there, the Chaos Emeralds look a bit cooler, and the Knuckles (?) statues look a lot more present than the older version. I really like it!

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I like the newer version there, the Chaos Emeralds look a bit cooler, and the Knuckles (?) statues look a lot more present than the older version. I really like it!
Thanks! Still a fair bit to do but i feel its surpassed the original in levels of details already.

Nice job dude, do some modeling myself, but nothing as nicely polished as yours, mine is usualy mod applicable stuff.... and I am not so great with organics

for that matter, you proably are a lot better than me, but then again, I just worry about playable product....

It would be awesome to see you do a take on some of the scenes from Knuckle's Chaotix, from the HUB to the final boss, would be kinda cool

Edited by Mandobardanjusik
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nice job dude, do some modeling myself, but nothing as nicely polished as yours, mine is usualy mod applicable stuff.... and I am not so great with organics   for that matter, you proably are a lot better than me, but then again, I just worry about playable product.... It would be awesome to see you do a take on some of the scenes from Knuckle's Chaotix, from the HUB to the final boss, would be kinda cool
Hey, thanks! Yeh i had to do those type of models when i studied game development. Nice to just go nuts with detail, and not have to think about polys quite so much. U should post some of ur stuff, if u havent already lol. Knuckles chaotix is one of those games i never really played, but im sure i could have a look, just need to fully get motivated again. Feels nice to have comments on my work again though. Would love to do a mod one day, always have a few ideas. Such as i wanted to make a 2d style level in the ruins of the death egg after it crashed. And boss fights such as robotnik and metal sonic working together using the chaos emeralds so both have super forms while sonic etc has to use the super emeralds. One day maybe lol, if i can find the time and motivation

well, I can put stuff ingame, but I got no actual training of my own, so it can get slow, even though I have been modding for 3 years now, and plenty of people have said I have potential never actualy got the training to polish it. I have put out a few things, was quite active on the Gens modding thread here before it was closed down, though one of my more recent things is putting mighty into generations, and I am messing with a level right now, hope I can pull it off. if you want I  can track down some good screenshots for ya

Also Knuckles chaotix though straddled with some simpler layouts due to the tricky gameplay changes, still had some of the best graphics out of the classic games.... was also kinda the first one to have Hub, so its something that could look interesting converted to 3d.

also here is a vid of my mighty mod a friend of mine recorded, take a look wink.png

cant wait to see more of your work Edited by Mandobardanjusik
  • Thumbs Up 1

Very impressive, Exo! You've improved a lot, that's for sure!

Keep up the awesome work!

Edited by Cola
  • Thumbs Up 1

well, I can put stuff ingame, but I got no actual training of my own, so it can get slow, even though I have been modding for 3 years now, and plenty of people have said I have potential never actualy got the training to polish it. I have put out a few things, was quite active on the Gens modding thread here before it was closed down, though one of my more recent things is putting mighty into generations, and I am messing with a level right now, hope I can pull it off. if you want I  can track down some good screenshots for ya

Also Knuckles chaotix though straddled with some simpler layouts due to the tricky gameplay changes, still had some of the best graphics out of the classic games.... was also kinda the first one to have Hub, so its something that could look interesting converted to 3d.

also here is a vid of my mighty mod a friend of mine recorded, take a look wink.png

enjoy, cant wait to see more of your work

I suppose i mostly taught myself, my uni course was mostly programming with only a little bit of art on the side. Prob should have done something more art related lol.

Yeh u should def post some screens of ur level, sounds interesting to see. U should make a thread like this one, and post some of ur stuff, will be polishing things in no time. Mighty looks great!

Also little bit further, bit more shape nothing major

hiddenpalace2start6.jpg

Edited by Exo_Chaoslava
  • Thumbs Up 4

Welcome back Exo! :D Also uhh wow, the lighting and extra stuff you're doing to the Hidden Palace redux.. that's amazing. 
Hey man thanks! Glad u like it! I hope world runner is coming along nicely!

yep, looking better. I have considered, maybe once I get some more done solo, as I am part of a few teams, including a bit of for fun side work(looking at you Azookaru)

• Thumbs Up 1

Quick update - working on the model for the moment, will do textures and lighting later, just want to get the most detail i can, to make my most successful piece yet

Let me know what u think of the current model :D

HiddenPalace2.jpg

Well i tried to do some texturing/lighting this eve, but couldn't get it how i wanted :( so will have to try again

This looks quite cool though

hiddenpalaceline6.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 months later...

Holy shit, that's absolutely splendiferous, dude! Keep it up, I can't wait to see the finished piece!

• Thumbs Up 1

How have I never noticed this thread before?  Dude, your work is AMAZING! I love your eye for detail! I can't wait to see what the final product looks like.

• Thumbs Up 2