Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Are you fucking serious... REALLY?! dry.png

There's... there's not a chance that maybe something is missing that enables hard mode for the stages too?! ohmy.png *denial*

I don't want to have to dish out extra cash for a challenge. When I heard about hard mode, I was extatic. I thought, "Wow, they're really making this accessible to the noobs and the hardcores!" Instead it seems that they're adding an extra mode that enables "normal difficulty" boss fights? Surely that can't be right, can it?

I expect my DLC to be new reimagined levels, not cash-ins of levels that we already have. dry.png

Edited by crush40rocks

Oh hell no it won't.

I'd like it to be challenging, not be so annoying to play that it gives me a goddamn headache.

....Even though I S Ranked the ones I did download-....S-shutup!

THIS. Honestly, some of the Act 1-2 designs like Adabat's were really clever and fun. Others was just "LETS ADD MORE SPIKES HURR DURR", and weren't all that great of hard modes. The best part of the DLC was honestly the extra acts utilizing different stage designs and different times of day; the ones in Holoska, Mazuri, and Apotos especially.

• Thumbs Up 1

OMG guys the elemental shields are now programmed as items in the item boxes. I just got the fire shield.

Edited by crush40rocks

Ok so all I can get is the fire shield sadly enough, but that's still awesome.

You'll get your videos.

Um... I'm not being sarcastic, Jack, but... what else would they have been? Even though they're purchased in the shop from what I gather, I kind of just expected them to be transferred to certain boxes throughout the levels when equipped.

Oh, Jack, I don't know much about this stuff, but would it be possible with the resources you have to find out what that Super Peel Out-looking icon is really linked to? I'm really curious to know if Classic Sonic does in fact have the ability to purchase a Super Peel Out.

Oh, Jack, I don't know much about this stuff, but would it be possible with the resources you have to find out what that Super Peel Out-looking icon is really linked to? I'm really curious to know if Classic Sonic does in fact have the ability to purchase a Super Peel Out.

Ok so all I can get is the fire shield sadly enough, but that's still awesome.

You'll get your videos.

Works for Modern, Jack?

I'll check.

Sweeeet! *Glued to topic* 8D

Works for Modern, Jack?

Oh gawd, if Modern has power-ups again besides the two wisps, I will be EXTATIC! Power-ups are one of the shining aspects that made Colors what it is!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well they weren't in the first demo so I began to suspect that they were only to be used as mission attributes and customizable skills, do keep in mind that I could only get the Fire shield, maybe that one will be in Crisis City while the others are used only by the above mentioned means.

I'm a little confused at why they only programmed the Fire shield into the boxes, unless the others are buried under more data or something, There should at least a Water shield for Seaside Hill.

Works for Modern, Jack?

That's what I'm about to check.

I'm a little confused at why they only programmed the Fire shield into the boxes, unless the others are buried under more data or something, There should at least a Water shield for Seaside Hill.

There might be, there's one variable that might have something to do with which shield is used, but I'm not sure yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sweeeet! *Glued to topic* 8D

Oh gawd, if Modern has power-ups again besides the two wisps, I will be EXTATIC! Power-ups are one of the shining aspects that made Colors what it is!

Yeah! but... now i'm thinking, if it works on modern... you can use an Air dash, that's totally new for modern son... oh wait :P

Yeah! but... now i'm thinking, if it works on modern... you can use an Air dash, that's totally new for modern son... oh wait tongue.png

You'd still have immunity to fire. :P But yeah, Sonic is starting to get too strong for his own good. He's already nearing invulnerability with that damn feature of boost that knocks away enemies and kills them. I'd much rather go into a roll while boosting and kill them that way instead of them being destined to die every time you come plowing through. At least if I did it while rolling and boosting I could say that I killed them. dry.png

You'd still have immunity to fire. tongue.png But yeah, Sonic is starting to get too strong for his own good. He's already nearing invulnerability with that damn feature of boost that knocks away enemies and kills them. I'd much rather go into a roll while boosting and kill them that way instead of them being destined to die every time you come plowing through. At least if I did it while rolling and boosting I could say that I killed them. dry.png

You still killed them if you used the boost because YOU are using the boost.

• Thumbs Up 4

Ok I just tried to do the switcharound in Demo 2, and it works, but I forgot to switch around all the files and something really funny happened: the levels loaded properly, the layout was fine and everything was in place and you could finish the levels (well you can't finish Classic in Modern but you get the idea) but it was set in the environment of the opposite stage, like Modern Sonic, in the Classic GHZ level, but it was still in the environment of Modern GHZ still, it's hard to explain, but it looks funny and you'll definitely see a video on it.

Ok so if M Sonic gets the fire shield, you hear the sound effect, but no shield appears and you don't gain it's special move, but the next time you get hit you don't lose any rings.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ok so if M Sonic gets the fire shield, you hear the sound effect, but no shield appears and you don't gain it's special move, but the next time you get hit you don't lose any rings.

So... it's works, like a shield, :/ the bad thing is, you don't have lava to try it, oh well, good job Jack, like always :D

Random question, are you having fun with these things? or just because we are zombies sonic's fans and we need brains more spoilers?