Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Isn't that the 16 bit theme? It doesn't sound different at all.

The drums don't sound like the ones normally used in the remixes like Invincibility, Green Hill, Chemical Plant, etc., it just sounds like the 16-bit theme with a Genesis drumbeat overlayed, and there's a weird sound between 9-11 seconds that honestly sounds terrible. Hope it's not real!

Still, if it is, maybe there's an Option to turn off Super Sonic music? Eh, if not I'll just put on custom soundtrack through the game or my 360 HDD if it doesn't allow it. Never was much a fan of Super Sonic having completely different music (unless it's just totally amazing, like Shadow's Super theme in Sonic Megamix, I could listen to that all day!). I always wished that they'd just do a "Super Sonic" remix of the level theme, kinda like how there's a boost remix, make a Super Sonic remix of a level theme. Sure, that's a lot of songs, but it'd be better than one theme keeping you from listening to the level music.

Isn't that the 16 bit theme? It doesn't sound different at all.

It's completely different. Listen to the one in Sonic 2, then listen to this.

Disapointed by Super Sonic tune. I expected this but... I wanted something new and less Retro-ish. At least for Modern Super Sonic. Guess I will loop some Live and Learn Riffs.

There's only one real problem I've got with Super Sonic in mid-level: it's the music. Not that it's terrible, but he doesn't actually have his own theme: just the same loop over and over, and it gets a bit irritating after a bit, especially when it's a bit of an in-your-face sort of thing. Even though Sonic 4: Episode 1's Super Sonic theme looped, it felt pretty cozy and easy to listen to without getting too annoyed.

Sonic 2, 4.1 and here in Generations [iF that's real] is okay.

Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic Colours... Too much.

So I was thinking: wouldn't it be nice if the Super Sonic theme were a bit like the Hang-on and Super Hang-on Bikes from the Sonic Riders series? His own full, unique theme that isn't just a loop and yet still remains awesome? And not just a redoing of whatever game he's in's theme music, but an original piece?

Edited by VizardJeffhog

There's only one real problem I've got with Super Sonic in mid-level: it's the music. Not that it's terrible, but he doesn't actually have his own theme: just the same loop over and over, and it gets a bit irritating after a bit, especially when it's a bit of an in-your-face sort of thing. Even though Sonic 4: Episode 1's Super Sonic theme looped, it felt pretty cozy and easy to listen to without getting too annoyed.

Sonic 2, 4.1 and here in Generations is okay.

Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic Colours... Too much.

So I was thinking: wouldn't it be nice if the Super Sonic theme were a bit like the Hang-on and Super Hang-on Bikes from the Sonic Riders series? His own full, unique theme that isn't just a loop and yet still remains awesome? And not just a redoing of whatever game he's in's theme music, but an original piece?

Or different music depending on which game stage is from!

Or different music depending on which game stage is from!

Even better! :D

Heck, taking Generations as an example:

Green Hill

-Classic

-Modern

-Modern Boosting

-SUPER SONIC

That'd be amazing!

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait that makes me think: Do you guys think we will be able to use Super Sonic in bosses? I hope no actually.

Even better! biggrin.png

Heck, taking Generations as an example:

Green Hill

-Classic

-Modern

-Modern Boosting

-SUPER SONIC

That'd be amazing!

That would be great!

Edited by HUNTER297

Wait that makes me think: Do you guys think we will be able to use Super Sonic in bosses? I hope no actually.

Save Time Eater, I think not. It'd be a bit cheap and way too easy, also taking into account that not all bosses even have that many rings in the first place, so it's basically like Colours, imo.

Save Time Eater, I think not. It'd be a bit cheap and way too easy, also taking into account that not all bosses even have that many rings in the first place, so it's basically like Colours, imo.

Thats good. And yeah that would be cheap.

It'd be hard to get 50 rings in most boss fights, but I hope you can do it in Perfect Chaos for the lulz.

Yeah, the Super Sonic theme does sound different. Just...not updated enough for my tastes.

The ending medley theme convinced me that the main theme is the original Sonic theme that's been heard already. You just don't break away from tradition like that.

But it's a 16-seconds jingle tune. Even Mario games have longer main themes than that.

And while it's nice to have this classic jingle to represent the classic side of the game, a vocal main theme to represent the modern side of the game would be nice too. It's not like there can't be multiple main themes - Unleashed and Colors had two main themes.

Something about that Super Sonic tune screams fake to me. Especially since the second part of it has no changes from the original at all.

Also, I hate 16 second loops. They make me hate playing as Super Sonic. >|

But it's a 16-seconds jingle tune. Even Mario games have longer main themes than that.

And while it's nice to have this classic jingle to represent the classic side of the game, a vocal main theme to represent the modern side of the game would be nice too. It's not like there can't be multiple main themes - Unleashed and Colors had two main themes.

Since one of the game's primary purposes is to bring back the crowd of gamers who, for one reason or another, left the series circa Adventure or later, having the original theme being the main theme, and even constructing the ending theme in the same fashion as the Genesis games' ending themes, gives these certain gamers an added incentive to come back. To them, it shows that Sonic Team did not forget them and forget its roots, and that Sonic Team is wanting them to come back. There's relatively little need to excite the Modern crowd; they're already here.

Edited by Razor Wind

By the way, if I heard it right, Omochao mentioned a gondola... Where can you use a gondola?

I didn't listen to it, if only to keep some surprise for me when I play the game. Though if there are gondolas, I'm guessing Seaside Hill, because it's the only level with enough water in it to possibly have one. Not Chemical Plant, for obvious reasons.

Another thing about that loop:

The extra 'notes' underlying the melody are extremely obnoxious and not even harmonic. The composers for Generations would do better than that, even if the Super Sonic theme does turn out to be a remix. The added drums are just tacked on, and everything else is the same. The added stuff even cuts out after a few seconds very, very clearly.

The gondola thing sounds like it might either Crisis City or Rooftop Run.

Crisis City: lava gondolas?

IT'S CORONA MOUNTAIN ALL OVER AGAIN

Outofthefryingpanandintothefire.jpg

Rooftop Run: Well, since it is based off Italy's Sienna... we might get a hint of Venice.

• Thumbs Up 2

By the way, if I heard it right, Omochao mentioned a gondola... Where can you use a gondola?

6053352069_d9aea2f430_z.jpg

Rooftop Run Act 1